Monumental Bolt-Choke

ThisYearsModel

OK mate. Way to play D Chargers!

On paper they might be better, but the two weaknesses clearly showed themselves today: Marty and Rivers. How does Rivers escape the blame? He did virtually nothing all day, the San Diego O was all LT. He scored 2 of those TDs and set up the third with that huge swing pass run. If the Chargers still had Brees, and if they had a competent HC, they should have won.

This naturally re-sparks the Chad debate, the Chargers have the best player in football in LT, the best TE, a great O-line, and a top defense (including probably the best defensive player in football) and they still lost with bad QB play. To me it looks like you either believe in Chad having the capability to be a top QB, or you want to move on and get someone who might have that capability.

What is it about Marty Schottenheimer-coached teams? They sure do find creative ways to lose. Can't believe I might have to pull for Peyton Pisarcik.

It was unbelievable watching the fenders, antennae, rims, hubcaps and finally the wheels fall off.

But other than the challenge that troll mentioned, and some not-so-creative offensive playcalling, it's hard not to pin this loss on the players moreso than the head coach.

i don't know if you can blame it all on coaching but you know that championship teams don't gag in big games. They dropped several passes, they burned 2 timeouts in the 2nd half, one on that idiotic challenge and one just for the helluvit. One guy headbuts a Pat when the Chargers were going to take over posession and the other guy intercepts a pass on 4th down that would have lost them yardage if he hadn't then fumbled the damn ball. Why doesn't he just knock that pass down? Because that is not a smart team. Also the guy who fumbled the punt didn't just fall on it. Again, not a smart team, and that goes to coaching. I am so upset that the Pats should have lost to a clearly better team talent wise that I think the Jets should fire Brian Schot just for sharing the same genetic material as Marty.

Marlon McCree? Are you serious? If it weren't for him that secondary wouldn't be as good as it has been this season. Any guy would pick that off and try to run it back. The goats of this game are Drayton Florence & Eric Parker. Period.

That idiotic challenge came back to kill the Chargers. That is the only way to pin this on Marty.

Fire Marlon McCree.

How about the refusal to get the ball to LT with the game still in doubt? Once it was tied he just decided other people should get the ball, and the other people proved to be absolutely worthless. I don't get how Rivers got to the Pro Bowl either, he has been actively trying to lose games for about 3 months now.

To the victor goes the spoils. Even with all the turnovers, dropped balls, they were holding the Patriots off. The fact that the Chargers couldn't seal the deal? Say what you want about luck, this, that...the Chargers are responsible for the loss more than the Patriots are responsible for the win. Good things happen for the Patriots, but you have to create your own luck sometimes. What killed me was the unsportsmanlike on the attempted headbutt. You just cannot do that in a game of this magnitude. Typical Marty Meltdown. It's hard to feel sorry for him.

That's twice that Kaeding made an opponent happy. Once for us, now for them. By the way, Kaeding and Doug Brien should go out for drinks sometime. :)

Don't always win. It's the team that makes the plays.

Yeah SD's defense looked impressive all game. But in the end, the Pats drove down the field and scored to end the first half.

Then that stupid fumble and an easy TD and two point conversion.

THen a 30+ yard pass on 3rd and 10 all the way into FG range.

If your defense can't make stops when it matters, then it's not a great defense. Plain and simple.

And I agree that Philip Rivers should get some of the blame. He was a non-factor.

It looked like the Pats knew LT was going to get his 100 yards and scores, but they wouldn't let LT beat them. Philip Rivers had to and he really didn't do anything.

People bash Eli Manning for his playoff losses, well, Philip Rivers did not impress me at all today.

Drew Brees is in the NFC Championship game while the "BEST TEAM FOR 2 YEARS" has been knocked out.

Winning teams make plays.

The Pats defense made stops when they needed to.

The Chargers defense did not.

Tom Brady made plays when he needed to.

Philip Rivers really never showed up for the game. He had an ok drive to end the game, but a 54 yard FGis what it is.. You hope the kicker can make it.

The only thing that went through my mind was that a couple years back that same kicker missed a FG to beat the Jets. Jets win the game in ot.

Marlon McCree? Are you serious? If it weren't for him that secondary wouldn't be as good as it has been this season. Any guy would pick that off and try to run it back. The goats of this game are Drayton Florence & Eric Parker. Period.

Yes, and Doug Brien was money all season for us in 2004.

McCree ****ed up. BAD. If they fire Marty, they had better fire McCree too.

Bull

****ing

1. Parker

2. Florence

If McCree holds onto that ball...hell, if McCree DROPS that ball, the game is over, period. Parker and Florence's ****-ups led to 3 points. McCree's led to seven and gave the Patriots new life when they would have been dead.

Florence's was dumber, much dumber. McCree's hurt worse.

Archived