shout-out to the JI banned...

pauliec

Let's not start a JN \ JI thing. If that happens I am going to lock this.

The person who started this thread did so to talk to friends after they were banned. I have no problem with that. The whole border war thing is just old.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The person who started this thread did so to talk to friends after they were banned. I have no problem with that. The whole border war thing is just old.

OK.

SJ in the house taking questions.

Yea I gootta agree with Maxman here-it's too bads you guys that were there when I signed on,you, Smizzy,Bob,Shane,Triple G's and the rest aren't allowed on anymore

Yea I gootta agree with Maxman here-it's too bads you guys that were there when I signed on,you, Smizzy,Bob,Shane,Triple G's and the rest aren't allowed on anymore

Those were the days...that's how it was when I first logged on there in 2004.

A bunch of great posters. Nothing stays the same I guess.

This is a good read right here! http://www.ustrotting.com/hoofbeats/chrebet-a.htm

New York wide receiver Wayne Chrebet has found a new sport to love

by Nicole Kraft

Wayne Chrebet stands surrounded by cheering, screaming fans. Their arms wave. They lean forward in rapt attention. Their energy is enveloping, dominating, even overpowering.

Chrebet, a popular wide receiver for the New York Jets, is used to being the object of such attention. Tonight, however, he roars among them--happy to be a spectator and not a participant, still seeking the thrill of victory.

His cheers, and those around him, are directed at the bay pacer Whittingham--his feet flying down The Meadowlands clay surface, as he rallies from seventh to fifth, to third, to first across the wire.

Chrebet's face lights up in a smile usually saved for touchdowns or great receptions. With a sprint he races toward the winner's circle to meet the latest winner from his Double Down Stable, a high-five here and there for those he meets along the way.

There is no Gatorade bath for Whittingham's triumphant performance. Just a pat on the neck, a kiss on the nose, and he heads back to the barn, while Chrebet winds his way back amid the racing crowd.

With his hat pulled low over his eyes, his slight but powerful physique and engaging smile, Wayne Chrebet is nearly as anonymous in The Meadowlands crowd as any other 20-something bettor who has come to the track for a night of festivities--and hopefully to cash a ticket or two.

It would take an NFL fan to realize that the owner engaging in a post-race analysis with trainer Kevin McDermott is one of football's rising greats--one who can leap like a gazelle, run like a Thoroughbred, and grab a ball like his fingers are made from Velcro.

Though Chrebet might be more familiar with the stadium across the parking lot from The Meadowlands, he is quickly finding comfort and success at the plant's racetrack, as he builds a stable of what he hopes will be superior athletes like himself.

"Horses are the most perfect athlete you will ever see," said Chrebet, affection in his voice. "I love to watch them."

It has been eight years since Chrebet broke into the NFL with the Jets, a free-agent longshot from Hofstra University who was 10th on the team's depth chart in his first camp.

Yet Chrebet had the true home-field advantage, having been raised in Garfield, N.J., training camp for his new team took place at Hofstra, the same field where he spent much of his off time when he was not studying for his criminal justice major.

Chrebet knew how to take an opportunity and literally run with it.

Literally.

He has become one of the most popular and accomplished wide receivers on the Jets, and a favorite target for quarterback Vinny Testaverde to find in the end zone.

Chrebet established the NFL mark for most receptions by a player during his first two seasons in the league with 150. His 208 catches over the course of his first three seasons were the sixth most by anyone during their first three years in the NFL.

He has also become known as "Mr. Third Down," for when the Jets are in danger of losing the ball for failing to advance 10 yards in their first two plays, Chrebet has a knack for making huge plays on that third down--making 133 receptions for 2,042 yards with 14 touchdowns.

This is a man who has his own cereal, Chrebet Crunch, to benefit charity, and who is one of his team's most active and involved community members, once honored with the Thurman Munson Award for his efforts on the field and off the field, serving in the community.

Growing up in New Jersey, it is not surprising that Chrebet was exposed to horse racing--considering The Meadowlands, Freehold, Monmouth Park and Garden State Park were all within an hour of his home.

"We would just drop in and bet on the horses, and I got hooked on it," said Chrebet.

With dreams of playing in Giants Stadium dancing in his head, it was without surprise that The Meadowlands attracted Chrebet more than the other racing plants, and he found himself regularly cheering on the Standardbreds.

After having established himself in a lucrative NFL career, Chrebet was ready to do more than just cheer.

Four years ago, he moved into the horse country of Colts Neck, N.J., and couldn't help but admire the equine specimens with whom he shared his neighborhood.

"If I went to the mailbox there was a big [field] with a bunch of horses," he said. "Living in the country, seeing them--it's such a peaceful thing."

Into that house he moved his new wife Amy, and late in 2001, they added son Luke.

Set in life, love and career, Chrebet sought to pursue a new passion.

"My friend, Pat Gatto, and I decided to see what horse ownership felt like," he said.

Gatto was a longtime friend of top driver Jack Moiseyev, so the new partners went to Sid Moiseyev, the father of driver Jack, for some guidance. They eventually claimed pacer Deacon's Lair for $30,000 under the name Double Down Stable--blackjack anyone?--and watched the pacer earn $2,280 before being claimed away for $30,000.

Having been bitten by the racing bug, Chrebet was hooked.

Chrebet unknowingly claimed Deacon's Lair off of Steve Wienick, the coach of his Boys Club basketball league when he was 8 years old. Through Wienick Chrebet came to know trainer Kevin McDermott, with whom he, Gatto, Wienick and John Fodera went partners on the On The Road Again pacer Run The Tolls p,1:50.2.

All told, the partners have owned five horses together, most recently the pacer Whittingham who McDermott claimed for them April 26, 2002.

"Kevin came to us in said he liked this horse who was in a $25,000 claimer," said Chrebet. "He told us that in three weeks he could have this horse in for $40,000. You know what? Three weeks after we claimed him, we were racing in the $40,000 claimer!"

Whittingham won four races for Double Down during the 2002 Meadowlands meet, getting as high as a $65,000 claimer before dropping back down a class. The pacer pulled a suspensory late in the summer and was sold in December, 2002.

That, however, does not leave the Double Down Stable empty, as Chrebet and McDermott claimed the Jenna's Beach Boy gelding Colavito early in 2003 and won with the pacer a week later.

Chrebet, however, is not content to be just a distant part of the racing excitement. He is a frequent visitor to McDermott's barn at Crystal Brook Farm, located just 20 minutes from his Colts Neck home, often bringing along Amy and Luke.

There he is content to stroke his horses' necks, stare into their eyes, take them for a jog around the track, or even just a stroll around the grounds.

"It's beautiful out there," he said. "It's weird to know you own a horse. I love to pet and feed them, and give them love. I am not a hands-off owner.

"I don't know a lot of owners. Everyone has different reasons why do things. A lot of people are in it to win money. I am in it as a hobby. I like to get in the winner's circle. I love the competition. But I really feel the horses are the most perfect creatures that you'll find. To go out there and get in a cart and train them is exhilarating for me. It's also peaceful--just me and him."

"I think he loves the animals more than the action," said McDermott. "Wayne will buy any horse I suggest to him, he loves the business that much. He is a great owner. He just wants what's best for the horses."

Chrebet said the time he spent at the farm and races during the NFL off-season has helped him "learn from my mistakes." He plans now to buy horses earlier in the meet and have more racing at a time to get even more enjoyment out of them. He also sees a time in the near future when young stake horses become part of Double Down's plan.

Though he has not yet tried to recruit his fellow players in his new passion, he did have the company of fellow receiver Laveranues Coles at The Meadowlands for one of Whittingham's races. Chrebet recalled having the unpleasant task of having to explain why the pacer was so far back through much of the mile.

"Laveranues had never been to the track," he said. "I tried to tell him Whittingham likes to see everything in front of him. My horse was seventh in stretch, and [Coles] kept asking me, 'Where's your horse? Is that him in the back?' As they came down the stretch, Whittingham started to move, and he was flying. Kevin was next to me and as they came closer he said, 'We got him!' We won by half a length. That was so exciting for me.

"It's not the money. I cherish these horses. I appreciate that they are working for me. I get a lot of enjoyment out of just watching them on the track--probably a lot more enjoyment than most of the owners."

When Chrebet can't be at the track himself, he is known to huddle by a cell phone in the locker room, awaiting the play-by-play of the race from his partner, Gatto. He always feels a little bit empty when he can't be there for a win by one of his stable members.

"If one of the horses does not [race] well, a lot of people will want to know why they weren't in the money," said Chrebet. "I just want to know if the horse is OK. If Kevin said it was a tough race, and they were stuck outside, I'm just happy knowing the horse tried its best.

"Most of the horses I've had have a personality like myself. They limp in after the race, but they are warriors. They never give up. They may not be the most sound, but they do whatever it takes to win."

Chrebet said he could see a day when he embarks on a breeding venture or two, in the hopes of making his own champions. And even though he has never seen a Thoroughbred race, that too might be in his future.

"Being close to The Meadowlands, it was just easier to go there, and I got to like the harness," he said. "Thoroughbreds don't race as often, so I don't like that. Harness is more my speed right now.

"I have talked about Kevin about getting into some Thoroughbreds. I know other athletes and my old coach, Bill Parcells [now with the Dallas Cowboys], are involved in them. But I'm happy where I am right now."

What Chrebet doesn't plan, however, is to trade in his cleats on a pair of driving boots.

"When I'm ready to retire, hopefully I can still walk by then," he said, smiling. "I can't worry about getting flipped off some horse."

While Chrebet is content with his visits to the barn and track, he admitted that the spectator role is still taking some getting used to. For a man who would "die" trying to win, and who takes the word "no" as a challenge, knowing he can't help his horses get across the wire first carries some frustration.

"I feel helpless when I'm watching a horse race," he admitted with a laugh. "It's not like I can make a play and make my team win. I am just rooting so hard.

"I view horses as the perfectly sculpted athlete. When you own a horse, or even if you just bet on a horse--the crowd cheering him home is what it sounds like in Giants Stadium on a Sunday when someone is going for a big play."

solid job in that spot Wayne!

Dude, you love the border war more than you love Twinkies.

im so ashamed *snif*

I got banned for at least a week after

the game last week

not even for an insult, no profanity, just

a statement that mods werent

doing their job by letting people like

pf schmuck run amok all the time

not for anything said elsewhere in that

cesspool

no warning, just bang, a ban by a mod

who got sand in his vageeg after

insinuating my post(s) were

incoherent due to drinking.

the only one drunk was a

mod drunk with power.

in the grand scheme of life it means

nothing but it goes to show how

extremely petty "they" are-

"they" suck and you know it.

at least I never gave those $^#& a red cent

for their site or their overpriced, vomit

inducing tailgate offerings

i dont adhere to their idiotic Jets

party line(s) anyway

there now i feel better

im so ashamed *snif*

I got banned for at least a week after

the game last week

not even for an insult, no profanity, just

a statement that mods werent

doing their job by letting people like

pf schmuck run amok all the time

not for anything said elsewhere in that

cesspool

no warning, just bang, a ban by a mod

who got sand in his vageeg after

insinuating my post(s) were

incoherent due to drinking.

the only one drunk was a

mod drunk with power.

in the grand scheme of life it means

nothing but it goes to show how

extremely petty "they" are-

"they" suck and you know it.

at least I never gave those $^#& a red cent

for their site or their overpriced, vomit

inducing tailgate offerings

i dont adhere to their idiotic Jets

party line(s) anyway

there now i feel better

well it was kinda rude how you just called out the mods like that mate right on the board!!! if i got life for saying mate, you should get like 6 lifes for that!!!!

well it was kinda rude how you just called out the mods like that mate right on the board!!! if i got life for saying mate, you should get like 6 lifes for that!!!!

mind your own never-winning-a-super-bowl-even-as-a-

3rd-string-kneeling-backup-fanboy business, mate.

no one called out anyone, but if anyone one did

it was jetsweenie with that drinking business

speaking of drinking, now,back to your motel six happy hour

:rl:

potw nom

It is funny, isn't it? :lol:

I remember when Sooth flipped out over GGG making that post about how JI's server is always crashing and she asked if TGG was better and he told her to beat it and to "take your two flunkies, Shane and Max with you!"

:rl:

I kept hitting the refresh button waiting on a response and Shane was the first, he said "So that's how it is, is it?"

It was on, baby.

mind your own never-winning-a-super-bowl-even-as-a-

3rd-string-kneeling-backup-fanboy business, mate.

no one called out anyone, but if anyone one did

it was jetsweenie with that drinking business

speaking of drinking, now,back to your motel six happy hour

POTW Nom :rl:

Archived