Possibly good news?

BoomBoomMancini

The Buffalo News talked to Bills owner Ralph Wilson on Monday in regards to the future of Willis McGahee in Buffalo. Wilson said McGahee's off the field issues will be weighed in when they talk about a contract extension for the back. He seemed reluctant to give him one but didn't rule it out. He said he's been in the game too long "for someone to hold a hammer to his head." In the past, Wilson characterized McGahee as a disappointment. As we've reported, his off the field issues include a third paternity suit with a third different woman over the past 15 months. He also created a stir in a Penthouse interview where he said the Bills should move to Toronto since there is nothing to do in Buffalo. Marv Levy stresses high character players and McGahee may not be fitting that mold right now, he has also not produced quality results like the top backs in the league.

www.billsdaily.com

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...16/1066004.asp

Maybe the Bills trade McGahee..

He kills us first of all..

He would also be a better option than Turner, and the price for Turner would go down.

The Buffalo News talked to Bills owner Ralph Wilson on Monday in regards to the future of Willis McGahee in Buffalo. Wilson said McGahee's off the field issues will be weighed in when they talk about a contract extension for the back. He seemed reluctant to give him one but didn't rule it out. He said he's been in the game too long "for someone to hold a hammer to his head." In the past, Wilson characterized McGahee as a disappointment. As we've reported, his off the field issues include a third paternity suit with a third different woman over the past 15 months. He also created a stir in a Penthouse interview where he said the Bills should move to Toronto since there is nothing to do in Buffalo. Marv Levy stresses high character players and McGahee may not be fitting that mold right now, he has also not produced quality results like the top backs in the league.

www.billsdaily.com

He would also be a better option than Turner, and the price for Turner would go down.

if all those trouble are legit, Mangini won't take him.

In the way of skill? He's def. better than Turner. I wish he wasn't a POS, he would look good in green.

i doubt Mangini would take this guy

I don't think boomboom was thinking it would be a potential pickup for the jets (although I'm not gonna say for sure what someone else's intentions were),but rather it'd be good news if Mcgahee got traded away from a team we play twice a year,as the Jets are the only team he seems to be able to be great against. There's also the possibility that teams looking to trade for a RB would see a guy who is a full time starter getting traded for a 1st/2nd rounder,and people would then assume that if thats the price for a starter,why should anyone give up a 1st or high 2nd for someone who has never started a single game.

Just guessing as to what boomboom was trying to convey

... his off the field issues include a third paternity suit with a third different woman over the past 15 months.

Is he going after Shawn Kemps record?

Maybe his agent should have advised him that a vasectomy is cheaper than paternity lawsuits.

At least learn to wrap it, Willis.

www.billsdaily.com

if he is a horrific character and the Bills dump him, then why would a Belly tree coach take him..thats just not what is usually done with Belly tree coaches

www.billsdaily.com

Actually I hope that he stays in Buffalo.

He does kill us and we have been unable to stop him, so if we do improve the DL and if we are going to be better against the run, he should be a good measuring stick. If he still runs all over us, It is a pretty good indicator that our run stopping ability is still poor and we probably won't go too far.

Just my opinion.

the moron can't even figure out how to use a condom. athletes know that women consider getting knocked up by them akin to winning powerball and yet, retard doesn't cover up. why would tangini want him?

No kidding, if he doesn't cover up, no way mangini risks his cornhole like that.

www.billsdaily.com

Let's hear it for the U!:yahoo:

Is McGahee a cancer in the locker room?

Does McGahee hold press conferences and complain about his coaches?

No, he doesn't. Derrick Thomas used to have this same problem, but it did not affect what he did on the field or how good a teammate he was.

I am sure there are Jets in the locker room that have children with more than one woman. The whole "Mangini guy" nonsense is crap. Was Corey Dillon a BB guy? How about Todd Sauerbraun, the Mike Vanderjagt of punters that also used steroids? Don't expect any TO's or Michael Vick's in our future, but Willis McGahee's and Keyshawn Johnson's? Yeah.

Boy scouts dont win Super Bowls. If Mangini plans on reaching on guys like Schlegal and passing on athletes with slight character issues we wont win a damn thing. I'm not saying we should become the Bengals, but come on...

You cant teach athleticism. Mcgahee's a hell of a back and would be a significant upgrade to the Jets.

Boy scouts dont win Super Bowls. If Mangini plans on reaching on guys like Schlegal and passing on athletes with slight character issues we wont win a damn thing. I'm not saying we should become the Bengals, but come on...

You cant teach athleticism. Mcgahee's a hell of a back and would be a significant upgrade to the Jets.

I don't know that Mangini passed on any better athletes when he picked Schlegal. I think he was shooting for an athlete, and a leader. I'm confident in saying, so far, he missed. That would be his rationale, IMO.

As for guys like Dillon. I would not have expected BB to go after him, but they interviewed him, and probably got a better feel for the man than any of us did, all we hear is that he whines in the locker room. I guess I was never that surprised Dillon panned out, he wanted to win, and they are winning.

Last thing about schlegal. Maybe I'm really off here, but isn't Bruschi pretty similar to Schlegal in speed, strength? I mean Bruschi will never be accused of being the best ATHLETE on the field, but that doesn't stop him from being ir-replacable.

Archived