Jets fired Marcin and Gash

4HCrew

Gash could actually not be replaced. He was the Asst RB coach but they still have Jimmy Raye. With Marcin being let go, I guess that Bryan Cox gets a promotion from Asst DLine coach.

Less coaches next year? Or do they bring in new Assistants for these positions?

Maybe Curtis Martin as assistant running backs coach?

That would be nice, he did say he wanted to stick around right?

maybe its a 3-4, 4-3 thing,,gettin a DL coach who is more suited for what direction they are going?

Sounds about right, and the way they played sometimes this year it is needed... they were out of position a lot...

I think Mangini brings in Rob Ryan to be d-line coach and Curtis will take over the RB's. If not that for the D, the Ryan becomes D-coordinator and brings some of his old staff from the Raiders with him. The Raiders need to totally clean house and bring in all new coaches and players.

He said he wanted to stay around and help out, if he wants to be paid he will need the title of "coach"...

"Helping Out" and being there everyday are two different things. Seriously he is too young. Have some fun Curtis. The Jets will be there for you when you get bored.

"Helping Out" and being there everyday are two different things. Seriously he is too young. Have some fun Curtis. The Jets will be there for you when you get bored.

Too young? Curtis is only a few years younger than the OC!! Actually, now that I think about it, they're right around the same age.

If Curtis wants to do it, I say let him do it, he'd be a great coach. He coached Lamont Jordan up (it obviously wasn't any of Hermy's doing, that I'm sure of) and look at how Jordan has done without him? I can't think of anyone else I'd want in charge of teaching my RBs than Curtis.

Too young? Curtis is only a few years younger than the OC!! Actually, now that I think about it, they're right around the same age.

If Curtis wants to do it, I say let him do it, he'd be a great coach. He coached Lamont Jordan up (it obviously wasn't any of Hermy's doing, that I'm sure of) and look at how Jordan has done without him? I can't think of anyone else I'd want in charge of teaching my RBs than Curtis.

I know, Leon said a lot of his sucess this year was from learning what Curtis taught him... I hope he stays around and becomes a coach...

I know, Leon said a lot of his sucess this year was from learning what Curtis taught him... I hope he stays around and becomes a coach...

I remember during TC Leon talking about how Curtis was helping him in his blocking and picking up a blitz technique-it showed he did a good job for a rookie.

As for Curtis' mentoring of Lamont Jordan-it really showed how much good it was doing AFTER he went to Oakland-that's when it showed up-how he did WITHOUT CM around

I meant too young and too rich!!! If Mangini and Schott had Curt's money I doubt they would be putting in 18 hour days, lol.

If he wants to stay involved with the Jets he may take a position like Andre Tippett did in New England.

Tippett is the Director of Football Development and Promotions for the Pats.

Basically he works with youth programs around New England from pop warner to High School.

Pretty cool gig if you ask me.

Curtis would be perfect for that kind of job.

• 2 months later...

Archived