Would the Jets be better off with Matt Schaub as the QB?

D-MONEY87

He is about as proven as Turner, it would be a little more risky than putting hopes on a RB I think though becuase you completely outcast Pennington & Clemens for a new guy... where trading for a RB Leon will still get playing time...

I don't understand why Jets fans pick random backup QBs to annoint as great. Allegedly Girard was great too, we saw how that turned out. Chances are Schaub isn't a great starter either. How about we draft a QB or stick with Pennington?

Great point. The grass is always greener on the other side right?

no way we could get him after the price tag Atlanta was putting on him at this time last year....he's possibly the best B/U or 2nd string QB in the league that every team...EVERY team would love to have on their roster-too bad he's wasting away behind a failed experiment named Michael Vick

The day Chad Pennington is no longer the starter for the New York Jets will be a sad day for Pats fans everywhere and you know it.

I know. I was really ticked off when Herm left!

My point about Schaub is that he has had a few good performances when given the opportunity, but, as a Jets fan are you willing to pay him big bucks in the hope he pans out?

Remember when Scott Mitchell put a few good games together for the Dolphins and then in the off season Detroit paid big bucks for him and he sucked?

I know. I was really ticked off when Herm left!

My point about Schaub is that he has had a few good performances when given the opportunity, but, as a Jets fan are you willing to pay him big bucks in the hope he pans out?

Remember when Scott Mitchell put a few good games together for the Dolphins and then in the off season Detroit paid big bucks for him and he sucked?

Hey, I am not big on Matt Schaub. I argued against him all last offseason. I am just even less "big" on Chad Pennington.

And, Scott Mitchell had one fantastic season. An off the charts season. Then, he proceeded to suck for the rest of his career. For some reason, that sounds strangely familiar to me.

Hey, I am not big on Matt Schaub. I argued against him all last offseason. I am just even less "big" on Chad Pennington.

And, Scott Mitchell had one fantastic season. An off the charts season. Then, he proceeded to suck for the rest of his career. For some reason, that sounds strangely familiar to me.

We agree (once again)!

The level of QB play in the NFL is pretty low right now, maybe it will get better in the near future and Pennington will fall behind the curve, but right now, do you really think he is such a bad option at the QB position right now? Just look at the Pro Bowl rosters, do you really think guys like Rivers and Romo are Pro bowlers? They were fairly awful for most of the season, but the competition is so bad that they got in by default. The only really good QBs this year I think were Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

The level of QB play in the NFL is pretty low right now, maybe it will get better in the near future and Pennington will fall behind the curve, but right now, do you really think he is such a bad option at the QB position right now? Just look at the Pro Bowl rosters, do you really think guys like Rivers and Romo are Pro bowlers? They were fairly awful for most of the season, but the competition is so bad that they got in by default. The only really good QBs this year I think were Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

And the big difference between Chad, Rivers, and Romo is that Rivers and Romo can make every single throw that is required of an NFL quarterback. This year, Chad was the third best quarterback IN THE DIVISION. The QB play may not be sterling throughout the league right now, and if you look around the league, you'll see that's because it is a league filled with young QBs. Guys like JP Losman, Jay Cutler, Vince Young (just kidding), Phillip Rivers, and Ben Roethlisberger are only going to get better. If Chad is "middle of the pack" right now, what will he be a year or two from now? In the AFC alone, much less the grand scheme of things? Unlike those guys, Chad is not getting any better. He is 31, and he has plateaued. He is what he is, and he ain't good enough.

The level of QB play in the NFL is pretty low right now... The only really good QBs this year I think were Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

As an aside, I think this is why the current trend is to protect the QBs from taking any excessive hits. If any QBs get knocked out of commission, the level of QB play in the NFL will drop even lower.

And the big difference between Chad, Rivers, and Romo is that Rivers and Romo can make every single throw that is required of an NFL quarterback. This year, Chad was the third best quarterback IN THE DIVISION. The QB play may not be sterling throughout the league right now, and if you look around the league, you'll see that's because it is a league filled with young QBs. Guys like JP Losman, Jay Cutler, Vince Young (just kidding), Phillip Rivers, and Ben Roethlisberger are only going to get better. If Chad is "middle of the pack" right now, what will he be a year or two from now? In the AFC alone, much less the grand scheme of things? Unlike those guys, Chad is not getting any better. He is 31, and he has plateaued. He is what he is, and he ain't good enough.

what will chad be in two years? a back-up

Archived