Official JN Barbaro Update thread!!!!

Jetfan16

Barbaro news and updates

A week after a setback in his recovery from a broken knee and bout of laminitis, Barbaro continues to gradually improve, according to the latest report from the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center.

Yes, I am the simpleton.

Yet, I am also not the one captivated by a horse.

Ironic, much?

no, i fail to see the irony. this horse is simply as gutty as it gets, he is a tremendous horse, who is part of this tremendous game known as horse racing which deserves respect, not your stupid glue factory pictures.

no, i fail to see the irony. this horse is simply as gutty as it gets, he is a tremendous horse, who is part of this tremendous game known as horse racing which deserves respect, not your stupid glue factory pictures.

Sorry, mate, I just find it absolutely retarded how we, as a nation, seem to care more about ailing horses than ailing people.

He's a horse. A ****ing horse. And we he dies, there will be no state funeral. There will be paddy wagon that hauls his ass to the Big Glue Factory in the Sky.

Sorry, mate, I just find it absolutely retarded how we, as a nation, seem to care more about ailing horses than ailing people.

He's a horse. A ****ing horse. And we he dies, there will be no state funeral. There will be paddy wagon that hauls his ass to the Big Glue Factory in the Sky.

great. you simply dont know what youre talking about though, so id just simply refrain from the subject!

Nah, it's off to the Dog Food Factory!

Nah, disagree. I think it brings out 'rooting for the underdog' type stuff. And, why does it always turn into people caring more for the welfare of animals than the welfare of people? By and large, I don't think it's that at all.

I used to work for an animal hospital. You can't believe the level of cruelty and abject sc*mbaggery I used to see. It would keep me awake at night. Why? Other than the obvious was this. I couldn't even imagine what was being inflicted on the children of such a household. And it was often that way.

Anyway, it's EASIER to care about the welfare of an animal. Cruelty and murder and torture of human beings involves way too much thinking of just what it is we're made of. And it isn't looking good.

http://ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=22882

Barbaro news and updatesDean Richardson receives Big Sport of TurfdomInvasor, Barbaro among Eclipse finalistsBarbaro an Eclipse theme

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Dr. Dean Richardson, in Beverly Hills to share in racing's Eclipse Awards, said on Monday that Barbaro is being weaned from pain medication and is becoming more comfortable on his laminitic left hind foot, two weeks after suffering a setback.

"He has steadily improved," said Richardson, who has treated Barbaro at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center since the colt's catastrophic injuries in the Preakness Stakes eight months ago. "He's eating great. He hasn't been in a sling in over a week. The fact that he bounced back, and quickly, is very encouraging. It's still disappointing that he had a setback, but these types of things are not unexpected."

Richardson made his comments before being presented by the Turf Publicists of America with the group's Big Sport of Turfdom Award, which recognizes individuals for their assistance with the media. Barbaro's owners, Roy and Gretchen Jackson, and the New Bolton Center were to be presented with a special Eclipse Award Monday night for their attempts to save Barbaro.

The fractures Barbaro suffered initially in his right rear leg have mended, but the laminitis he developed in his left rear has proved more troublesome. A cast that was placed on that foot following surgery 10 days ago has yet to be removed, so Richardson said he has yet to ascertain how well the foot is healing. However, Richardson said, Barbaro "stands on it," whereas when he had his setback two weeks ago, "he wouldn't put it down."

"We've been able to decrease his pain medication," Richardson said. "He's not sedated. It's to address his hind foot."

Richardson said that if and when Barbaro is relocated to Kentucky, his care would be handed off, most likely, to Dr. Scott Morrison of Rood and Riddle Equine Clinic.

"But this was a significant setback, so I don't think he'll leave for at least a month, and it could easily be longer," Richardson said.

"He's a smart, enduring, tough kind of horse," Richardson said. "I think this shows that a lot of horses can behave like this if given the opportunity. Most horses who make it this long go home. I'm hoping he's one of those.

"It's awkward getting an award like this because we're not done. We haven't finished the job. Trying to reconcile that, I hope the award is for the effort that has been made, and for the ongoing effort. I hope something good comes out of this. I'm just a small part of this. Barbaro is the biggest part."

think of the marketing opportunities...

"Alpo Barbarbo: For High Performance Pooches."

that's true!!! it's all a conspiracy, the money grubbing owners are spending all this money to save him, so that way they can turn around and farm him out to alpo!!!!! i never thought of it like that

Archived