Stop The Season Today - Tigers .500

The Gun Of Bavaria

I can't remember the last time the Tigers finished a month at .500.

Riding a 4 game winning streak, the rotarion appears to be coming along and the bullpen has 'calmed' down for now. The bats are heating up and the Defense is playing well.

Albeit hard, Tigers can compete for the Central in my mind.

Of course they have a series coming up against the red hot White Sox, I guess I should wait a few days. :D

Guns, Mavrik and Storm

Tigers at 500 is a positive - Bonderman and Maroth have given you guys some good pitched games.

And guess what- Tigers have a better record than the Yankees.

:P:P

I may cut the standings out and put them on the wall....just got sh*ts and giggles because that won't last long.

And I blame Jason Johnson and his poorly tuned insulin pump

Guns, Mavrik and Storm

Tigers at 500 is a positive - Bonderman and Maroth have given you guys some good pitched games.

And guess what- Tigers have a better record than the Yankees.

Bonderman and Maroth have been pitching well, only problem is Robertson and Johnson have been complete garbage. Johnson has been a terrible pick up to start. And Robertson seems to have lost some control on his pitches from last year. Ledezma has had some mixed results. Looks great some days, crappy the others. If he can get it together with Maroth and Bonderman then we have a shot. I still see us finishing the season at a lil over .500

Bullpen is pitching a lot better too. After struggling early, Urbina's struck out I think 7 of the last 10 batters he's faced, and Percival is finally pitching well.

Percival blew the save! I'm not kidding you! Yeah, I was shocked too! :sarc:

Yeah he did - and damn near took an L. He didn't have his stuff at all. Watched the last 3 innings even though it meant listening to Hawk Harrelson and Darrin Jackson (uggghh... you wouldn't believe it)

Farnsie did ok.

This next week is going to be a big test for the Tigers. If the Tigers can pull out the sweep of the Sox, we'll be two games back in the division, but we have a four game series with Boston next followed by a 3 game series with the Dodgers at LA. Hopefully they'll pull it out.

If the Tigers pitching holds up, their offense will be there. And, they don't really rely on the homerun, playing the whole small ball thing. If they can out-pitch the White Sox and the Dodgers, that's a good thing. Confidence for the staff is never a bad thing. Though, in my opinion, Tram can let the starters go more than 6 innings. Just a thought.

Archived