If you were the Jets GM.

Arsis

Who would you draft? who would you bring in as a FA? how much would you be willing to pay for them? willing to trade anyone/for anyone? who? why? Lets see some armchair gming going on. See who comes closest to what the FO actually does or who makes better decisions.

sign- asante samuel, cory redding, terrel sands

draft- jarvis moss, justin blaylock,antonio pittman, greg olsen.

Believe it or not his name is Terdell Sands.. :)

I think Samuel would be a HUGE pickup for us, him and Dyson would be a nice pair of CB's...

Believe it or not his name is Terdell Sands.. :)

I think Samuel would be a HUGE pickup for us, him and Dyson would be a nice pair of CB's...

I would try to sign samuel, trade the 2nd 2 for turner and see the best d-line guy still available at our pick. Pick up some improvements for the o-line if possible.

Drive up the price of Asante so that sombody will be massively overpaying for him. The Deion Branch strategey. One of threee things could happen

(a) Either the team overpaying is the Patriots (unlikely). Which with any one player is probably managable, but once you start to overpay then it is very difficult to keep evereyone happy or even keep everyone.

(B) Another team overpays then it is not like that overpayment is going into the Pats pockets for their own use. Even if they gets a pick it will take time to get an all-pro level starter out of the deal and no guarantee that the pick will become an all-pro.

© Have the Pats slap a franchise tag on him and get themselves a disgruntled, massively overpaid player (see John Abraham). My advice to Asante in this case would be to make sure any iunjury is fully healed before you go back onto the field.

Yes sir, let's start the bidding for Asante at....

FA: Asante Samuel, Terdell Sands, Eric Steinbach

Don't want anymore rookies on the offensive line. Steinbach is a very good OG and fairly young. Samuel is a young stud and we'd have a very good combo with him and Dyson. Might be a little expensive but I think he's worth it as long as the contracts not rediculous. Sands has some NT potential with his great size and at the very least will provide good depth on the defensive line.

Draft: Adam Carriker, Lamar Woodley/Anthony Spencer, Brian Leonard

Carriker seems like the perfect 3-4 DE. He's extremely strong and has ideal size. It worries me some that despite his strength he sometimes had trouble against the run, but its more than likely a technique issue and correctible. Also, has great intangibles. Woodley or Spencer could potentially fall to our first 2nd rounder and they would be great fits in the 3-4 as rush OLBs. Woodley played for a bigtime program against top competition. He has a great motor and was very productive. He isn't the freak athlete, like Merriman or Ware, but is a very good one in his own right. He was solid against the run and has experience in the 3-4 as an OLB. Spencer might have a little better physical tools than Woodley and played very well as a senior. Leonard would fit our offense perfectly. He would help Chad immensely in the passing game. He's very athletic for a FB. Has all the intangibles and took a back seat to Rice this season for the team, doing a great job blocking for one of the best RBs in college. He would provide a power RB aspect to compliment Washington in the running game. Seems like a Mangini type player.

Archived