Happy Birthday vandoug

faba

Thanks to all of you, you're the best.

And extra thanks to Bren and GGG who I met at Dick's Last Resort the afternoon before the Jets week 2 game in San Diego last year.

They might not remember me but they're why I ended up here. (blame THEM!!!!)

I'm often asked...

How does somebody from the west coast of Canada become a die hard Jets fan?

Sometime during the 70's I just embraced the team, like falling in love, it's not easy to explain.

It helps that I've been to NYC several times and love Manhattan too, even got my list of fav bars there.

I'm well known here for being an avid Jets fan and take a lot of abuse. Remember 96? 1-15? How tough was that? But I hung in there just like other real Jets fans did. Our day is coming. How does this year sound? Sounds pretty damn good to me.

Time for me to get drunk.

cheers and thanks,

d

p.s. Sorry for the non TomShane content of this post, remedied by this sentence.

:)

who I met at d!ck's Last Resort the afternoon before the Jets week 2 game in San Diego last year.

That's pretty weird.

I spelled the word D-i-c-k's and it was automatically edited to the above. I guess Dick is an offensive word?

:?

d

Doug:

Happy Birthday. Next trip to the East Cost I will meet you and show you how they play Racquetball in America!

Enjoy.

(Man TomShane is going to have a field day with that first paragraph).

vandoug, first, Happy Birthday. Second, every post has to contain at least 35% of its content dedicated to discussion of TomShane. Get with it, you senile bastard.

Thanks,

Mgmt.

:)

Yessir Mr. Shane. I think I've slipped on a couple of posts and forgotten the 35%TS content rule. Thankfully I wasn't banned.

d

Doug:

Happy Birthday. Next trip to the East Cost I will meet you and show you how they play Racquetball in America!.

Think so?

We can play this game in Canada, dude. Did you know the #1 ranked player in the world is from Edmonton? He now lives in the U.S. and is also the highest ranked player on your IRT Tour. I used to play his dad, who killed me, in tournaments.

Maxman, practice saying this. "zero serving ten"

:D

d

Think so?

We can play this game in Canada, dude. Did you know the #1 ranked player in the world is from Edmonton? He now lives in the U.S. and is also the highest ranked player on your IRT Tour. I used to play his dad, who killed me, in tournaments.

Maxman, practice saying this. "zero serving ten"

:D

d

That is it man. I am going to train. Then in like 14 years when I am on your level I will say BRING IT ON.

To which you will respond...Maxman? I don't know no stinking Maxman.

Consider yourself lucky.

You want a piece of this?

Out of respect to vanDoug's bday... i wont go there..but to say that on another thread these two sentences would be enough to send a thread on for three pages..and frankly it would not be pretty :lol:

Out of respect to vanDoug's bday... i wont go there..but to say that on another thread these two sentences would be enough to send a thread on for three pages..and frankly it would not be pretty :lol:

Go for it greengal.

Tom and maxman sometimes need a little coaxing!!! A little humor on a rainy saturday could not hurt!!! :)

Thanks greengal, but go for it. Besides, the birthday was yesterday. All topics game.

d

Go for it greengal.

Tom and maxman sometimes need a little coaxing!!! A little humor on a rainy saturday could not hurt!!! :)

I like you more and more with every post JFBM :D(i need to find a way to abreviate your name ;) )

now since d gave his go ahead...

so max...are you going to enlighten us..."a piece" i guess Tom doesn't have it within him to handle the whole thing? :lol:

That is it man. I am going to train. Then in like 14 years when I am on your level I will say BRING IT ON.

To which you will respond...Maxman? I don't know no stinking Maxman.

Consider yourself lucky.

Maxman,

Right now, you'd totally kick my a$$ at R ball.

Me, age 52, bad right leg, not getting better....

But....

Let's go bro!!!!

But if you step on my seeing eye dog's paw on the court.....

Medieval!!

d

Archived