Bitonti at the Senior Bowl

R44

Bit's back in Mobile and here is just an ounce of feedback I got:

Bit and Brady Quinn where in the same place at the same time as they arrived....The minute Quinn received a "hospitality bag" from the Senior Bowl, he ran into the men rooms and angerily dumbed everything into the trash, but kept the bag...Seemed very upset and seemed like your typical "spoiled brat"....:Cuss:

Bit was on the plane with the Minnesota Vikings' contingent....Said former Jets DC Ted Cottrell was complaining about several things during the flight -- seats too cramped -- "what are we, damn sardines here?", ect.....Bit's words -- the Vikings, including Brad Childress, look like a bunch of losers :P

Cottrell was sitting next to Vikings safety Corey Chavous -- a draftnik, who wants to a be a G.M. one day. Bit said Chavous just ignored Teddy for the whole trip :yawn:

Players that have looked good, so far:

QB Drew Stanton....LB's David Harris and Stew Bradley of Nebraska...Bradley might really surprise people, according to one scout at the Senior Bowl...He's a high school kick returner/quarterback, who grew into a real good linebacker at Nebraska -- but had some injuries...

Brian Leonard is waaay down in weight: 224 pounds...:Nuts:

Quentin Moses...249 pounds....He'll have to play OLB, perhaps, not DE.

19 year old senior DT Amobi Okoye of Louisville weighed 274, not 320 pounds (as reported)....

Chris Leak is 5' 11"; Troy Smith and Tyler Palko are barely over 6'

More S.B. info check Bit's blog:

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm

After I talk to him tonight, I'll try to give more stories that we wouldn't print at DD.com -- i.e. Quinn acting like a punk; and Cottrell complaining on the plane....

Bit and Brady Quinn where in the same place at the same time as they arrived....The minute Quinn received a "hospitality bag" from the Senior Bowl, he ran into the men rooms and angerily dumbed everything into the trash, but kept the bag...Seemed very upset and seemed like your typical "spoiled brat"....:Cuss:

Bit was on the plane with the Minnesota Vikings' contingent....Said former Jets DC Ted Cottrell was complaining about several things during the flight -- seats too cramped -- "what are we, damn sardines here?", ect.....Bit's words -- the Vikings, including Brad Childress, look like a bunch of losers :P

Cottrell was sitting next to Vikings safety Corey Chavous -- a draftnik, who wants to a be a G.M. one day. Bit said Chavous just ignored Teddy for the whole trip :yawn:

QB Drew Stanton....LB's David Harris and Stew Bradley of Nebraska...Bradley might really surprise people, according to one scout at the Senior Bowl...He's a high school kick returner/quarterback, who grew into a real good linebacker at Nebraska -- but had some injuries...

19 year old senior DT Amobi Okoye of Louisville weighed 274, not 320 pounds (as reported)....

After I talk to him tonight, I'll try to give more stories that we wouldn't print at DD.com -- i.e. Quinn acting like a punk; and Cottrell complaining on the plane....

good stuff, but why would Cottrell be with the Vikings, didnt they fire him before the start of the year??

Thanks guys. Looking forward to reading more reports.

Okoye's all the way down to 274??:eek: Wow didn't think he lost that much. I think that elimintates any possible remaining NT thoughts about him.

Leonard is down a lot also. I don't think thats very good for him cause I'd like my FB to have a little more bulk than that. I hope it really helps his speed cause he'll need to make up for it.

Figured Moses would have to play OLB. I'm interested to read how he does cause he was disappointing this year.

good stuff, but why would Cottrell be with the Vikings, didnt they fire him before the start of the year??

Not sure how to answer that.

Unemployed coaches and players flock to the Senior Bowl to "network"....Maybe he was on the same plane and just sat next to his former player?

Brady Quinn Sucks.

As for Troy Smith... why did he and Tony Hunt (I saw about 40 minutes of the 1:30 practice they showed on NFLN) wearing North Illinois logos on their helmets... I want to know that more then anything after one day.:)

Yes.. I am serious.

R44- Brady Quinn will be the biggest bust in the history of the NFL

I like the energy corey chavous brings to the shows on nfl network etc etc.

But, I will never forget him having REGGIE McNEAL as his #1 QB in last years draft.........REGGIE McNEAL! :character42:

Brian Leonard down in weight to get a look at running back instead of fullback solely?

Drew Stanton is a tough QB- not afarid to tough it out but very inconsistent in the games I saw him play.

Do you think he's down in weight intentionally? It could just be end of a long season. By the combine I'd guess he'd be trying to bulk up.

Do you think he's down in weight intentionally? It could just be end of a long season. By the combine I'd guess he'd be trying to bulk up.

You could be right with Leonard but their season has been over about a month already

Cal-Poly linebacker Kyle Shotwell -- a fringe prospect that played in the East-West Game -- said it's better to show up light and run faster, than show up heavy and run slower.

Basically, once your in the N.F.L. you are judged on your play, not your timed speed -- imagine if John Lynch and Rodney Harrison were timed at their age?

So I think Leonard wants to show off his athletic ability....If the last resort is he has to play fullback, he'll do that...

Brad Hoover made the Panthers as a speedy running back in 2000 -- even had a huge Monday Night game (well over 100 yards) at Green Bay...

He was forced to bulk up and play fullback -- now he looks fat.

Point? Easier to gain weight, than shed pounds to gain speed.

Cal-Poly linebacker Kyle Shotwell -- a fringe prospect that played in the East-West Game -- said it's better to show up light and run faster, than show up heavy and run slower.

Basically, once your in the N.F.L. you are judged on your play, not your timed speed -- imagine if John Lynch and Rodney Harrison were timed at their age?

So I think Leonard wants to show off his athletic ability....If the last resort is he has to play fullback, he'll do that...

Brad Hoover made the Panthers as a speedy running back in 2000 -- even had a huge Monday Night game (well over 100 yards) at Green Bay...

He was forced to bulk up and play fullback -- now he looks fat.

Point? Easier to gain weight, than shed pounds to gain speed.

Good point. Bit actually mentions it as a positive in the draftdaddy.com blog and specifically states that he is trying to project as a running back.

Rutgers RB Brian Leonard (6010, 224) slimmed down to better project as a RB.

FYI, we never said Quinn looked bad as a player...we just said he came off as a typical pampered athlete, spoiled brat -- in a cheesy corduroy jacket, too boot :bag:

He's opted not to play in the Senior Bowl due to a "minor knee injury".....He was walking around fine, he just didn't want to risk injury...

Personally, I think NFL teams are real high on him -- The whole name Brady and the Weiss connection has teams' thinking he's like Tom Brady, as a QB.

Dominator, Leonard is a runniung back -- that's what his skill set is made for.

FYI, we never said Quinn looked bad as a player...we just said he came off as a typical pampered athlete, spoiled brat -- in a cheesy corduroy jacket, too boot :bag:

He's opted not to play in the Senior Bowl due to a "minor knee injury".....He was walking around fine, he just didn't want to risk injury...

Personally, I think NFL teams are real high on him -- The whole name Brady and the Weiss connection has teams' thinking he's like Tom Brady, as a QB.

Dominator, Leonard is a runniung back -- that's what his skill set is made for.

Understood R44, this is my personal observation

BTW what did Bitonti get in the booty bag?

Today while they were showing this on the NFL network they said Leonard has lost 12 pounds because he wants to show he can be a starting tailback before a FB....

Agreed, but I was surprised to hear about his little hissy fit.

Is he just another prima donna?

He is a prima donna. Brady Quinn would've continued to be nothing (which is exactly what he was before Weis came around) at Notre Dame and he will be nothing in the NFL because he certainly isn't going to a great coaching staff in Oakland or Detroit.

Good move by Leonard. The 40 times are very important, and pure FB is a dinosaur in the NFL. It's also a thin year at TB.

Clark Harris has a toe injury and didn't practice today. Tough luck for him. I hear he's been geting lampooned for his lack of speed. They put in the TE from Delaware.

Archived