ESPN's Mort: Parcells to Jets as consultant ? ? ?

kelly

We have all seen this song and dance before haven't we ?

Personally, I will always be thankful that he came when he did and pulled the Jets out of the abyss. This is Magnini's and Tannenbaum's team now.

I think the bottom is going to fall out from under the Giants next year. Caughlin will be fired and Parcells will come back and coach the Giants in 2008

I think this is the most likely scenario.

And by the way ... anybody who doesn't think the Jets are a better franchise because of Bill Parcells isn't paying attention.

Before he got here, they were God awful. He came in, had some decent drafts, brought in some character leadership, and most importantly, changed the franchise into a "winning culture".

Mangini's even acknowledged that and has also pointed out that both he and Mr. T confer with their old boss pretty frequently, anyway.

I think this is the most likely scenario.

And by the way ... anybody who doesn't think the Jets are a better franchise because of Bill Parcells isn't paying attention.

Before he got here, they were God awful. He came in, had some decent drafts, brought in some character leadership, and most importantly, changed the franchise into a "winning culture".

Mangini's even acknowledged that and has also pointed out that both he and Mr. T confer with their old boss pretty frequently, anyway.

Joewillie your absolutely correct.....I think he would be welcome back to the Jets, cause he will be waiting for Cauglin to either get fired or he leaves under his own power and then he finishes out his carrer with the Giants.....

I try not to waiste too much time reading your posts. I will just start at the begining of this one and leave the rest of this slanted drivel up to the readers to decide. With a veteran team do you really think drafting Peyton Manning was a good idea? I mean really?

then don't read them.

Yeah, what would a 1-15 team with Neil O'Donnell & Glenn Foley ever want with Peyton Manning?

Tuna was still my favorite Jets coach. But GM was not his calling. There are/were worse GM's out there, for sure. But there are/were better ones also.

I try not to waiste too much time reading your posts. I will just start at the begining of this one and leave the rest of this slanted drivel up to the readers to decide. With a veteran team do you really think drafting Peyton Manning was a good idea? I mean really?

A veteran team? We were coming off 1-15 and he hated his QB. peyton led Indy to 13-3 in year 2, w/ our '98 talent he could have at least led us as far as the title game. Parcells was a terrible GM for us.

A veteran team? We were coming off 1-15 and he hated his QB. peyton led Indy to 13-3 in year 2, w/ our '98 talent he could have at least led us as far as the title game. Parcells was a terrible GM for us.

Most of the team was veteran and it was unprecidented at the time to win with a QB in his 2nd or 3rd year. Much less take the gamble that he would be any better than Vinny T wound up being. QB was not the reason we didn't win the super bowl.

Most of the team was veteran and it was unprecidented at the time to win with a QB in his 2nd or 3rd year. Much less take the gamble that he would be any better than Vinny T wound up being. QB was not the reason we didn't win the super bowl.

The thing about veteran one win teams is the most of the parts are expendable. I would rather have a franchise QB if I had my choice.

The thing about veteran one win teams is the most of the parts are expendable. I would rather have a franchise QB if I had my choice.

Parcells wasn't thinking about winning it all in 2007. And no one knew for certain what Manning would end up being. He was only a junior at the time.

then don't read them.

Yeah, what would a 1-15 team with Neil O'Donnell & Glenn Foley ever want with Peyton Manning?

Tuna was still my favorite Jets coach. But GM was not his calling. There are/were worse GM's out there, for sure. But there are/were better ones also.

I was only messing with you Sperm.

The core of the team was pretty young or in their primes, it was not a vet team and the vets on the team were losers prior to Parcells arriving. Mo was the old guy and he was only going into his 7th year. key was a 2nd year guy, wayne a 3rd, mickens 2nd, Jones 5th, o'dwyer 3rd, Glenn 4th, Green 5th,...

montana won in his 3rd year, Aikman in his 4th. Teams had won w/ young QBs. I agree QB was not the reason we didn't win it all in '98 BUT I think we could have made ti as far and been set up for the future w/ Peyton. It was a bad move by BP.

Parcells wasn't thinking about winning it all in 2007. And no one knew for certain what Manning would end up being. He was only a junior at the time.

That's the thing -- if he wasn't thinking about winning it all at the time, he would have wanted Peyton even more. But hey Farrior helped out the Steelers so it's all good. lol.

That's the thing -- if he wasn't thinking about winning it all at the time, he would have wanted Peyton even more. But hey Farrior helped out the Steelers so it's all good. lol.

HE was thinking about winning it all at the time. If he wasn't he wouldn have drafted peyton and waited until 2007 to get to a super bowl.

Archived