TRADE ? ? ? - Scout.com reports "sources familiar w/ the Chargers" believe the Jets

kelly

The Jets will NOT trade their first round pick for an unproven running back. It goes against the philosophy that Tangini have followed thus far. The Chargers are not dealing from strength here, they have a running back who is dying to play and has no shot because of the man in front of him. They will be under pressure to move Turner before he gets pi$$ed off and at that point the price drops. The Chargers are correctly asking for the moon, hoping that some team bites. It will not be the Jets until the price comes down dramatically. Write it in stone. If they do this, I will race (and beat) Max in the 10 mile extravaganza.

The Broncos did it for like a decade-they'd plug in just about anybody behind that line and you could count on a grand at LEAST

Obviously, the Broncos are the exception.

Take a look at most of the good backs around the elague, most are first round picks.

The Jets will NOT trade their first round pick for an unproven running back. It goes against the philosophy that Tangini have followed thus far. The Chargers are not dealing from strength here, they have a running back who is dying to play and has no shot because of the man in front of him. They will be under pressure to move Turner before he gets pi$$ed off and at that point the price drops. The Chargers are correctly asking for the moon, hoping that some team bites. It will not be the Jets until the price comes down dramatically. Write it in stone. If they do this, I will race (and beat) Max in the 10 mile extravaganza.

dude, that's what you do everytime you draft a college kid. turner is less risky than drafting a kid from school who may or may not make the transition to the pro game. don't understand the argument that he's "unproven"-- anyone in the draft could be the next ron dayne for all we know.

dude, that's what you do everytime you draft a college kid. turner is less risky than drafting a kid from school who may or may not make the transition to the pro game. don't understand the argument that he's "unproven"-- anyone in the draft could be the next ron dayne for all we know.

True, but Turner is a fifth round pick who has looked good as a change of pace back just as Lamont Jordan was (during his rare chances to get in the game). Lamont looked like crap when he became the feature back, regardless of his crappy situation in Oakland. Will Turner shine as "the man"? There is obviously no such thing as a sure thing in any draft (and I don't think that the Jets should draft a RB early) I just think that in this case, the price is way too high. If we pick him up for the lower of the 2nds or a 3rd, I could see it, but this team has defensive needs (DL, CB) that are more pressing.

True, but Turner is a fifth round pick who has looked good as a change of pace back just as Lamont Jordan was (during his rare chances to get in the game). Lamont looked like crap when he became the feature back, regardless of his crappy situation in Oakland. Will Turner shine as "the man"? There is obviously no such thing as a sure thing in any draft (and I don't think that the Jets should draft a RB early) I just think that in this case, the price is way too high. If we pick him up for the lower of the 2nds or a 3rd, I could see it, but this team has defensive needs (DL, CB) that are more pressing.

i definitely am not sold on turner and i tend to agree that a couple stud DLs and a blanket corner are more pressing needs. but if tangini is definitely going RB in round one i'd rather have turner than a non-peterson/non-lynch RB.

I don't mind this move for turner at all. tenne & mangini both seem to have had a good look at this kid 1st hand.

maybe a cb,dt or de is in the works via free agency.

bottom line for me is that our brass has proven themselves as credible for spotting talent that best suits the jets.

unlike herm & bradway, i'm just not inclined to 2nd guess any decisions made at this point.

A first rounder is risky bussiness though boys. If he turns out to be anything but a stud it's really not worth it. I'll put my faith in Tangini, if they feel it's best to bring him here, then welcome.

This is the 26th pick in the draft, not the 4th overall. Michael Turner is a good running back and would be a very good upgrade over scrubs like Barlow, Houston and Blaylock.

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune just said on the radio, that he believes that the Chargers will put a first round tender on Turner.

Of course they will.

That doesn't mean they won't take a 3rd if no one bites. What they have going for then is that this isn't a very good draft for RB's IMO

A first rounder is risky bussiness though boys. If he turns out to be anything but a stud it's really not worth it. I'll put my faith in Tangini, if they feel it's best to bring him here, then welcome.

getting a collegiate guy is a risk too in the first round. turner is no more risk than a college kid. by your rationale, 1st rounders should always be traded down. of course it's a risk. nature of the beast.

Archived