I like that old time rock n' roll...

CrazyCarl40

I'm shocked no one asked how the show was...

Being from Detroit, I obviously know Seger. We're born with the Seger in our cribs. Or, when you're my age, you were. Hell, Metallica covered Seger. They didn't do that great of a job, but they tried.

And Metallica is good, but come on... they're nowhere near the greatest of all time. Too much MTV in your blood. Try some Priest, Madien, and Motorhead... y'know, the guys Metallica ripped off. Besides that, I liked Megadeth better.

I was there. Awesome show. Never knew he played the piano. I always expect people with raspy voices to start to lose it towards the end of the show but that wasn't the case. 2 hr show incl a pair of 2-song encores. He did have like an 8-min intermission halfway through so the (older) audience could take a bathroom break, lol). Mostly greatest hits stuff plus half a dozen songs from his new so-so album (it's not bad, but hardly on par with an album like Night Moves). At least he had the good taste to play the better new ones. He did play some non "hits" classics like Ramblin' Gamblin' Man, Sunspot Baby, & Horizontal Bop). Never saw him live before & he defintely dances/sways like a total geek. I was pretty surprised he sold out the garden (not including obstructed-view seats that weren't for sale).

But overall, really just a great concert & he sounded awesome for somebody who isn't so young anymore belting it out for such a long show. Siver Bullet Band is really tight. Highly recommend seeing him if you haven't.

Last timre I saw Seger was at Nassau Coliseum in 85 -- great show then and I am sure he is still an awesome show -- he will be here in h-town feb 21st but unfortunatly I can not go

hope u had a great time -- I used to love going to shows at MSG

DAMN I MISS NEW YORK

I was there. Awesome show. Never knew he played the piano. I always expect people with raspy voices to start to lose it towards the end of the show but that wasn't the case. 2 hr show incl a pair of 2-song encores. He did have like an 8-min intermission halfway through so the (older) audience could take a bathroom break, lol). Mostly greatest hits stuff plus half a dozen songs from his new so-so album (it's not bad, but hardly on par with an album like Night Moves). At least he had the good taste to play the better new ones. He did play some non "hits" classics like Ramblin' Gamblin' Man, Sunspot Baby, & Horizontal Bop). Never saw him live before & he defintely dances/sways like a total geek. I was pretty surprised he sold out the garden (not including obstructed-view seats that weren't for sale).

But overall, really just a great concert & he sounded awesome for somebody who isn't so young anymore belting it out for such a long show. Siver Bullet Band is really tight. Highly recommend seeing him if you haven't.

The show was everything Sperm said and more. It was just a rockin good time. The highlights for me were: Mainstreet, We've Got Tonight, C'est La Vie, Travelin Man into Beautiful Loser, and a song from his new album I hadn't heard before. They did it mostly acoustic in the center of the stage with one of his female back-ups singers as a duet. I think it was called Answers in the Question, it was really neat. Thoroughly enjoyable rock n' roll show. Seger definitely still has it and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. Kind of disappointed that he didn't play You'll Accomp'ny Me, Still the Same, The Fire Inside, Fire Down Below, Jody Girl and a couple of others. Nonetheless, it was a blast. Also, he played Tryin To Live My Life Without You which was awesome. To sum it up, it was probably the best concert I have ever been to and it is 2+ hours of my life I will never forget.

The show was everything Sperm said and more. It was just a rockin good time. The highlights for me were: Mainstreet, We've Got Tonight, C'est La Vie, Travelin Man into Beautiful Loser, and a song from his new album I hadn't heard before. They did it mostly acoustic in the center of the stage with one of his female back-ups singers as a duet. I think it was called Answers in the Question, it was really neat. Thoroughly enjoyable rock n' roll show. Seger definitely still has it and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. Kind of disappointed that he didn't play You'll Accomp'ny Me, Still the Same, The Fire Inside, Fire Down Below, Jody Girl and a couple of others. Nonetheless, it was a blast. Also, he played Tryin To Live My Life Without You which was awesome. To sum it up, it was probably the best concert I have ever been to and it is 2+ hours of my life I will never forget.

Tryin' to Live my Life Without You sounded EXACTLY like it was off the Nine Tonight live album. Right down to, "This's 'n ol' Memphis Song...ol' Memphis Song..." My wife didn't know the words but could hear me screaming out loud with everyone else, "I used to smoke 5 packs of cigarettes a day..."

Archived