Cedric Houston & his Thyroid Condition etc etc

Barton

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/ut/archives/05/03/68652906.shtml?Element_ID=68652906

Houston, back home with his family in Clarendon, Ark., said he stopped watching the draft before the first round was complete on Saturday. He saw Auburn's Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams go in the first five picks and didn't care to watch much longer.

''It was nerve-racking because I thought I should be coming close to those guys,'' said Houston, who rushed for 1,005 yards. ''I thought I proved myself at the Senior Bowl when I showed what I could do in a game atmosphere. I had a great week and a great game, and I was better than most of the guys who went on the first day.''

Houston said he thinks a condition with his thyroid, which he said was discovered at the combine, may have hurt his draft status. He said it affects his heart rate and breathing, but he's now taking medication.

He also had a slow time in the 40-yard dash (4.58) at UT's pro day.

''I'll be motivated a whole lot. If I get to touch the field this year, there's going to be trouble. I'll do whatever I can to get out there, playing special teams or anything.''

''They put a lot into that 40 time even though it doesn't mean much out there on the field,'' Houston said. ''I know I'm faster than that anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this thyroid problem goes away with medication. It says it effects his breathing, yet did he not just learn that he has this problem or did he already know that? Thats odd...you think that if it effected himm that he wouldn't have been able to rush for over 1,000 yards last season.... :?

And since when is 4.58 slow for a 225lb running back? Morency, Fason, Gore, all those guys ran slower times than Houston, and Cedric Houston is 20lbs heavier than Gore and Fason.

Good point. The Jets wouldn't draft this guy over McLendon if they felt he would be restricted by this thyroid issue.

Yes, they would.

T.A. McClendon blows. I'd have rather drafted Kay Jay Harris or Derrick Winbush over McOnlyGoodasAFreshman.

Archived