If any of you guys have kids.. dont be like my parents

BoomBoomMancini

I called my parents up today to tell them that I don't want to go to my college after this semester(im a frosh), and I want to go to community college and work.

They aren't speaking to me right now, and are threatening to kick me out of the house.

I guess I don't have many options right now..

Its either be miserable here or join the Army.

I may just call their bluff though..

If they kick me out they kick me out... I really would be on my own.

I called my parents up today to tell them that I don't want to go to my college after this semester(im a frosh), and I want to go to community college and work.

They aren't speaking to me right now, and are threatening to kick me out of the house.

I guess I don't have many options right now..

Its either be miserable here or join the Army.

I may just call their bluff though..

If they kick me out they kick me out... I really would be on my own.

I hope you arent gonna say you want to leave college and go to community college cause your girlfriend lives back there?

If so, trust me. Stick to college. Both of you will be glad in long run.

When 25 and under, NEVER make life decisions based on girlfriends/boyfriends.

I hope you arent gonna say you want to leave college and go to community college cause your girlfriend lives back there?

If so, trust me. Stick to college. Both of you will be glad in long run.

When 25 and under, NEVER make life decisions based on girlfriends/boyfriends.

dude, that isn't the reason for bouncing on college is it? College is second only to the boyscouts in times in your life where you can rake in tons of sex.

And that alone to you is a valid reason? your parents paid alot of hard earned money to put you in college. Before you go blowing it you owe them alot better explanation than that.

They don't need to pay anymore..

What is the big deal?

Its my friggin life..

If I stay in college I am just going to continue to do what they tell me to do.. It is getting old.. I'll get the job they tell me to do, etc, etc.. My entire life will be going through the motions.

Yes.. They have earned the right to help put me through college, but it really isn't there decision?

I'm not a pawn in my parents chess match..

They don't need to pay anymore..

What is the big deal?

Its my friggin life..

If I stay in college I am just going to continue to do what they tell me to do.. It is getting old.. I'll get the job they tell me to do, etc, etc.. My entire life will be going through the motions.

Yes.. They have earned the right to help put me through college, but it really isn't there decision?

I'm not a pawn in my parents chess match..

Right, so get out of there house. What's the problem? As for your parents being pissed, it is your life but the problem is you're too stupid to understand the ramificaions of your actions now, and how they will affect the rest of your life. Now don't get me wrong, I really don't mean that as an insult. Everybody your age is too stupid to know the difference, and when I was your age I was too stupid as well. Your parents know this obviously as well, so when you try to do something that could very possibly screw up the rest of your life, they're gonna get angry. And at your age, if you're not going to do something productive for yourself, they have no obligation to take care of you. Therefore it's time for you to pack us your shat and go give yourself a real dose of just how ****ty real life is. If you think college is bad wait till you get a load of life. It sucks. Most people have to work because they need the money. That sucks. Most people would leave their jobs in a nanosecond if they came into a windfall of money. But they can't because they have rent/mortgage, utilities, car payments, food, gas, snot nosed kids, and every other ridiculous expense that you can possibly imagine that prctically breaks their backs until they die. Sure, there are alot of bright spots in between that keep us all going, but for the most part it sucks.

So stay in college for christ sakes. If not for the fact that it will help you get through your shatty life a little easier monetarily speaking, then for the fact that life sucks otherwise and you have a chance to put off that misery for at least 4 years. Go bang the local college whore. If you can't find her, get out to more parties. But if you really think life is miserable in college then just kill yourself now, because it's only gonna get worse.

Right, so get out of there house. What's the problem? As for your parents being pissed, it is your life but the problem is you're too stupid to understand the ramificaions of your actions now, and how they will affect the rest of your life. Now don't get me wrong, I really don't mean that as an insult. Everybody your age is too stupid to know the difference, and when I was your age I was too stupid as well. Your parents know this obviously as well, so when you try to do something that could very possibly screw up the rest of your life, they're gonna get angry. And at your age, if you're not going to do something productive for yourself, they have no obligation to take care of you. Therefore it's time for you to pack us your shat and go give yourself a real dose of just how ****ty real life is. If you think college is bad wait till you get a load of life. It sucks. Most people have to work because they need the money. That sucks. Most people would leave their jobs in a nanosecond if they came into a windfall of money. But they can't because they have rent/mortgage, utilities, car payments, food, gas, snot nosed kids, and every other ridiculous expense that you can possibly imagine that prctically breaks their backs until they die. Sure, there are alot of bright spots in between that keep us all going, but for the most part it sucks.

So stay in college for christ sakes. If not for the fact that it will help you get through your shatty life a little easier monetarily speaking, then for the fact that life sucks otherwise and you have a chance to put off that misery for at least 4 years. Go bang the local college whore. If you can't find her, get out to more parties. But if you really think life is miserable in college then just kill yourself now, because it's only gonna get worse.

now THERE'S a positive outlook on life!!!!!

now THERE'S a positive outlook on life!!!!!

People spend 2/3rd's of their life working at a job they hate so they can afford the other 1/3rd of their life where they sleep most of that time. Think about it. What a shatty proposition people have. We have to work most of the time in our lives to fund the 11% that we are actually awake and not working. That's 66% to live 11%. Pretty shatty when you think about it. So yeah, 66% of life sucks. 11% of it is cool except for the times where you are either arguing with your spouse/friends/kids, doing work around the house, pouring over your bills, or going to your inlaws. So when you factor that into the equation you're probably only realistically getting about 5-6% of your life dedicated to true enjoyment. the rest of the time your sleeping. So why on god's earth would you blow a chance to put that off for 4 years? Furthermore, if you can use your degree to at least put off the fighting over bills and housework since you can afford to pay someone else to do it, you can buy back about 2% of your life for fun!!

People spend 2/3rd's of their life working at a job they hate so they can afford the other 1/3rd of their life where they sleep most of that time. Think about it. What a shatty proposition people have. We have to work most of the time in our lives to fund the 11% that we are actually awake and not working. That's 66% to live 11%. Pretty shatty when you think about it. So yeah, 66% of life sucks. 11% of it is cool except for the times where you are either arguing with your spouse/friends/kids, doing work around the house, pouring over your bills, or going to your inlaws. So when you factor that into the equation you're probably only realistically getting about 5-6% of your life dedicated to true enjoyment. the rest of the time your sleeping. So why on god's earth would you blow a chance to put that off for 4 years? Furthermore, if you can use your degree to at least put off the fighting over bills and housework since you can afford to pay someone else to do it, you can buy back about 2% of your life for fun!!

lol, talk about getting it down to a science!

What you state is FACT, period.

That is the main reason why my wife and I are saving up big time, so that we can leave this country and live in India (where my wife is from). At least there we would be able to enjoy life after 55 (the target) and not have to worry about struggling here.

What do they have against working and going to community college? A lot of people start out at community college and do just fine (My mom went to community and became a doctor before she died and my dad started out there and now has his own business and makes tons of money). I'm currently enrolled at community college and not because of my High School grades but because I'd rather do 2 years at a county school then 2 at a bigger 4 year school then 4 at a lower rater 4 year school.

Your parents are stupid to think that community college and working is a bad way to go for a year or 2.

Take my advice, do what you want to do, if you think you should leave your current school and work and go to community college do it, if you think you should take time off from school or not go to school all together do it. I probably wouldnt recommend joining the army though, but if thats what you want to do, do it...

I wish I was 18 again, life goes fast once you get out of that under 23 school frame of mind...

Gee, Boom Boom. I wish I could offer you some advice and maybe make you feel better, but right now I've gotta read my wifes pension plan retirement handbook, and then I'm gonna go take a sht, so lottsa luck in whatever it is you plan to do!

Jet Mo in the house :toot::rl:

Gee, Boom Boom. I wish I could offer you some advice and maybe make you feel better, but right now I've gotta read my wifes pension plan retirement handbook, and then I'm gonna go take a sht, so lottsa luck in whatever it is you plan to do!

hilarious

Archived