Good Pennington Article

JVilma51

Chad Pennington stood in the huddle with a clipboard in his hands, barking encouragement to Jay Fiedler as he ran the offense.

Pennington didn't stop there. After rookie Mike Nugent missed his first kick as a Jet and struggled with his second attempt, Pennington urged him to remember the 55-yard field goal he made last year to give Ohio State a 24-21 win over Marshall, Pennington's alma mater.

Nugent made it.

So it went as the Jets opened mini-camp. Though Pennington didn't participate while he continues to rehab his surgically repaired right shoulder, the franchise quarterback made his presence felt, spreading enthusiasm whenever he could.

Pennington should begin throwing in June and said there is "no doubt" he will be ready for the Jets' season opener Sept. 11 against Kansas City. Though it is unclear how much Pennington will be able to do in training camp, he is preparing himself for the regular season.

"Our goal, just like every player's goal, is to be ready for that opening day game," he said. "Not to be totally ready for mini-camp or even totally ready for training camp. It's not like we just have one month to go. We have three or four months left and that's why we feel really good about everything."

I shall believeth it when I see-eth it.

And I thought it was "a bruise" if I remember Herm's blathering correctly.

I love it. If Belichick misinforms the public about an injury it's a work of genius. If Herm does it, it's because an uninformed retard.

It's quite apropos that you F#cked up the sentence construction in a statement that used the term "uninformed retard." And Max seconded it. Homos.

Good one Tom. Hey do me a favor...when you sell a poem for, I don't know say a million dollars, then you can be smug.

Until then there is no need to grade the posts here.

Archived