When Will Terrell Owens Learn

shawn306

Just shut the F up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2741459

Updated: Jan. 24, 2007, 4:49 PM ET

Embattled Owens denies taking shots at ParcellsESPN.com news services

Dallas Cowboys embattled wide receiver Terrell Owens says he wasn't taking a shot at Bill Parcells with his comments after the Cowboys head coach announced his retirement on Monday.

According to Tuesday's Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Owens described the locker room environment as difficult and that Parcells' old-school style of offense hurt the team.

"When I talked to [Parcells] for the first time we left an impression on each other. I still think he is a great guy. But he is like my grandmother. You love the person, but they are stuck in their old-school ways. You can't move them from their way of thought," Owens told the newspaper.

Owens spoke with ESPN Radio 103.3 in Dallas on Wednesday and claimed when he made mention about his grandmother it wasn't a shot at Parcells but that was basically saying the legendary coach is a guy that obviously has his ways of coaching.

Owens also told ESPN Radio he believed Parcells never went out of his way to improve their relationship and neither did Owens.

Owens says he tried to practice hard and play hard last season, but he did feel that Parcells mocked him during the preseason when he was injured.

"I think that by him saying that I need to get on the practice field and I that I needed to show him what I can do, I just felt him knowing the type of player that I am and what I've done to play through injuries I felt like he kind of made a mockery out of me in front of the media to say that," Owens said. "In that sense I kind of lost a sense of respect. But other than that I didn't allow it to deter me of how I practiced because I was seriously injured. "

Owens caught 85 passes for 1,180 yards and had a league-high 13 touchdowns. But he also topped the NFL with a league-high 18 dropped passes.

Owens said that hand injuries were to blame for some of the drops.

Though he often complained about offensive schemes throughout the season, he also played with an injured finger that required offseason surgery.

"I'll be the first to say that I didn't play as well as I should have. And you guys can talk about me all you want, it's really not going to change who I am as a person or a player," Owens said. "But I never said one time anything about my broken hand, anything about the torn tendon in my finger that I played thoughout the course of the year with."

My Thoughts

Just freakin unreal. The guy falls asleep in meetings. Hurts himself in TC and then looks like he is ready for the Tour de France while riding the stationary bike. Supposedly OD's, drops a million balls and he is taking shots at Parcells. !?!

There is going to come a day (the sooner the better) when the Cowboys are going to tire of his act and let him go. Hopefully no one will pick him up and he just go away.

Teams paying huge money to have TO on their roster is one of the few things I don't like about the nfl. blackballing this guy from the league would be easy if the owners all agreed & would send a huge message.

I credit reid & the eagles camp for showing us all what to do when scum forms on the pond

I felt like he kind of made a mockery out of me in front of the media to say that," Owens said.

Oh the irony..he's so dumb..he doesn't even know he's hating on the exact same thing he does ALL THE TIME!! Hypocrite.:Cuss:

He dropped like 18 passes this year didn't he?

Little bit less but he also had the most TD recpetions...

Tony Romo was on ESPN today saying that TO was the best out of any teamate to him after the botched kick... he could really care... or he is sucking up to Romo so he gets more passes his way next year...

Little bit less but he also had the most TD recpetions...

Tony Romo was on ESPN today saying that TO was the best out of any teamate to him after the botched kick... he could really care... or he is sucking up to Romo so he gets more passes his way next year...

No I don't think he's sucking up to get more passes thrown to him. Though he's a fool half the time and most of America hates rooting for him I really believe Owens is a misunderstood guy. I was reading something about him a few weeks ago, and it talked about how he grew up and what he went through. It def made me understand why he is the way he is.

i dont see what the big deal is here. Parcells is set in his ways, he said that neither of them did anything to improve their relationship. sounds like hes just telling it like it is, hes said and done much worse than this, its not even a big deal, it's just that because it came from TO's mouth that it becomes a big deal.

i dont see what the big deal is here. Parcells is set in his ways, he said that neither of them did anything to improve their relationship. sounds like hes just telling it like it is, hes said and done much worse than this, its not even a big deal, it's just that because it came from TO's mouth that it becomes a big deal.

It comes down to Terrell saying two words.

NO COMMENT.

Done. Over, Next question. Everytime he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it. Just shut up or just don't say anything controversial.

Owens: "I'm sad to see him go and I wish him the best of luck"

Done. That is all he has to say.

Archived