The Life Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being stuck behind a school bus when I'm in a rush. Which is always; which is technically my fault for running late, which is also always. But hey, scr*w that busload of punks, anyway (shakes fist) - even if they are only five.

Bet you're never late to the parking lot on Sundays!

Honda Civic drivers who, when they pull into a gas station, don't pull up to the farthest pump, hence taking up both pumps. They then proceed to go inside the station to pay cash for their gas. They come out, fill up, then proceed back into the station to collect their change.

Debit cards rule.

i agree with the cell phone comments.

cell phone=worse invention ever.

i love my cell. don't remember how i ever got along without it. in fact, santa brought my 5yr old his first cell just this year. it's one of those firelfly thingys that parents program. this way, they can't call out to anyone other than those programmed into the phone. nor can they receive any calls from #'s that aren't programmed into the phone.

People spend 2/3rd's of their life working at a job they hate so they can afford the other 1/3rd of their life where they sleep most of that time. Think about it. What a shatty proposition people have. We have to work most of the time in our lives to fund the 11% that we are actually awake and not working. That's 66% to live 11%. Pretty shatty when you think about it. So yeah, 66% of life sucks. 11% of it is cool except for the times where you are either arguing with your spouse/friends/kids, doing work around the house, pouring over your bills, or going to your inlaws. So when you factor that into the equation you're probably only realistically getting about 5-6% of your life dedicated to true enjoyment. the rest of the time your sleeping. So why on god's earth would you blow a chance to put that off for 4 years? Furthermore, if you can use your degree to at least put off the fighting over bills and housework since you can afford to pay someone else to do it, you can buy back about 2% of your life for fun!!

I posted this in BoomBoom ridiculous thread, but this life fact tends to annoy the sh!t out of me. When in the history of man did society see this as a good way to go?

Can I add a B!tch of the day?

Here's mine.

People trying to parallel park their car downtown with 1 hand on the cell phone.

:Cuss:

I have a close second to that.

The women (and yes they are always women) who decide that the best time to make a cell phone call is when they are reversing out of their parking spot.

I've seen this scenario hundreds of times at the building where I work.

Keep in mind that they don't make the call until they get in the car! It drives me crazy.

Emo's!! Seriously, how could any normal person actually make the conscious decision that they are going to "act" all angry and depressed and walk around like zombies. Seriously, what make anyone think that's a good idea? Who the hell started this ridiculous crap? Did some idiot sit there staring at a really depressed schizo who was cutting his arms up and having a conversation with himself and think "Wow, that's frikkin awesome, I want to be just like that guy!"?

And even funnier is that there are tons of idiots who agree with this, with their stupid ass eyeliner and messy black hair!! "Hey man look at me I'm so depressed, I'm gonna go blast Panic At The Disco in my Beamer and drive around contemplating life and whether I should just end it all". F&ck off people!! Go kill yourself already, you'd be doing us all a favor even though we all know you wouldn't do it because you're a lame-ass wannabe depressed idiot. You're all a friggin disgrace to the real seriously screwed up people in the world.

OK, this rant is done, I feel better!!

While driving my son to school this morning, a woman pulled up beside me in a very polite and earnest manner and motioned me to roll down the window. The whole time, people are honking like crazy for both of us to move(since I was making a left and she was blocking the right lane). I could see this wasn't anything nasty, and that she was a decent person. She told m,e one of my brake lights was out, and drove off before I could thank even her.

Went to my local mechanic and he had it all fixed in about 15 minutes.

Archived