Hermy chimes in on Rooney Rule

Preston Howley III

This is priceless:

"There were probably only 15 (minority) coaches back when I was playing, and you're talking maybe about one minority coach on each team. And some teams even had zero," said Edwards, who played in the NFL from 1977-86. "I think that now, with what has happened around the league, first off, the staffs are bigger, and a lot of the young college coaches are advancing through the proper stages of becoming coordinators. If you become a coordinator, you have the possibility of becoming a head coach."

Herm, when were you ever a coordinator? I must have missed that.

This is priceless:

"There were probably only 15 (minority) coaches back when I was playing, and you're talking maybe about one minority coach on each team. And some teams even had zero," said Edwards, who played in the NFL from 1977-86. "I think that now, with what has happened around the league, first off, the staffs are bigger, and a lot of the young college coaches are advancing through the proper stages of becoming coordinators. If you become a coordinator, you have the possibility of becoming a head coach."

lmao, can Herm get a POTW nom for being Herm?

This is priceless:

Herm was making sense until he got to the the coordinator part (and his lack of actually being a coordinator)

Clown.

This is priceless:

he basically just told us that even in his criteria he is unqualified.

This is priceless:

That line alone makes him a moron...

This is priceless:

Key quotes:

"There were probably only 15 (minority) coaches back when I was playing, and you're talking maybe about one minority coach on each team. And some teams even had zero,"

There were 28 teams in Herm's first year in the pro's... So, if there were only 15, then almost half the teams did not have a minority... Is John Madden writing his quotes now?

"I think that now, with what has happened around the league, first off, the staffs are bigger"

And why are the staffs bigger??? Because a dumb coach like Herm needs someone to manage the clock for him, and he didnt hire a minority for that...

"a lot of the young college coaches are advancing through the proper stages of becoming coordinators. If you become a coordinator, you have the possibility of becoming a head coach."

Yeah, unlike Herm who was lucky the Commissioner muscled Woody J into hiring him. If he had gone through the proper stages, maybe he might be a good coach???

Plus there was a sentance missing after the word coach... it should have read:

If you become a coordinator, you have the possibility of becoming a head coach, unless you are a coordinator for me, then you will be thrown under the bus and have your reputation ruined, especially if you are a defensive coordinator who is a minority"

I really wonder if Herm thinks when he speaks or does he just have diarrhea of the mouth? Maybe he is the minority Casey Stengal....

Archived