Interview With Herman Edwards

Maxman

April 29, 2005

An Interview With: COACH HERMAN EDWARDS

COACH HERMAN EDWARDS: Well, I guess it's football again because I have to give you an injury report. Donnie Abraham was excused for personal reasons. John Abraham is not under contract so he is not here. Shaun Ellis, limited in practice. I held him out for the most part, he's got a sore groin. Jason Fabini was excused from practice for some medical reasons. Barry Gardner is rehabbing his shoulder and he's limited. Cedric Houston has a thyroid condition that we are trying to take care of; we knew that going into the Combine and he's a guy that won't be practicing for a while, but he's getting that taken care of which will help him. Eddie Jackson is limited in practice. Michael King was limited in practice. Curtis Martin, he has run for enough yards in his career that I don't think he needs to practice at this point, so I won't get the question on are we running him too much. So he's not running. He's just going to be a coach. Jon McGraw was limited in practice, Ray (Mickens) is still limited. Chad Pennington, you spoke to Chad. Kenyatta Wright has a sore ankle and Dewayne Robertson is a little bit sore, so I kept him out also.

That is the injury report as far as the first day of practice. As far as anything else, I thought for the most part, the class of rookies we drafted, I think there's a lot of them that are in that class that will help us as far as our veteran guys, I think they did a good job of setting the tempo today.

I think Jay Fiedler, the pick

Excellent Max :D Great interview

"Son, you have no shot. You'll get coached. You'll be glad when this five days is over so you can go home."

that is excellent...just what we want...a guy who wants to go home after 5 days..LOL

(Talking about Martin)

This guy needs rest. He ran a lot of yards. He's probably traveled around the world three or four times just running, if you count all his yardage up. He can rest. He deserves rest.

Ok Hermie Lets break this down..At even 3 times

around the world which is 75 thousand miles..Cumar

has 13,366 yds which is around 40 thousand Feet

which is around 7 and 1/2 miles..So he must be one

Work out Demon to do the other 74,992 1/2 Miles

running steps!! Hermism's.... ya gotta love it!! :P

I don't think we said it was an EXCLUSIVE interview.

I think we were just happy that 2 idiots have been recognized by the Jets and received an email transcript.

The site is only 2 months old and you are receiving e-mail transcripts from the Jets? =D> Well done for getting the recognition this site deserves!

(..and there was me thinking someone had typed it up themselves #-o ).

The site is only 2 months old and you are receiving e-mail transcripts from the Jets? =D> Well done for getting the recognition this site deserves!

(..and there was me thinking someone had typed it up themselves #-o ).

LOL.

We are losers but we are not losers of that caliber!

TomShane would have typed it up but I feel bad for him. He so rarely gets out, I veto'ed the idea.

Hermy is as clueless as they come. :shock:

I gotta hear your take on this. How does that response make him clueless.

For over a year, Everyone knew that Mike Nugent was going to be drafted in The 2nd to 3rd round. So how was Nugent getting drafted in The 2nd "ODD".

NO.....NO...It really wasn't. :wink:

So how was Nugent getting drafted in The 2nd "ODD".

Since the inception of the draft, what percentage of players selected 47 or above have been kickers?

Less than 1%?

Less than .5%?

Spin it anyway you want, statistically speaking it was "ODD".

And clueless Hermy said it wasn't. :^o

Since the inception of the draft, what percentage of players selected 47 or above have been kickers?

Less than 1%?

Less than .5%?

He also said,

There were a lot of teams after the draft, a lot of head coaches called me and told me that,

Less than 1%?

Less than .5%?

You know Tex I like the Nugent pick! But if people

get into the idea of if we had him last year we would

have made the Championship Game vs the Pats! The

problem with that way of thinking is you would be

covering the real problem! Granted we had a idiot

for a OC..But we also have a back that can't run vs

Top Teams! Penny I'll give a pass to because of

his arm! But if he craps the Bed this year we'll be

in Big Trouble QB wise! Will a Good OC and DC be

enough to carry this Team to the Bowl?? Well the

Pats had the Trifecta with BB,CW and RC lets see