I gotta admit, this is frickin pissing me off

Barton

Today, in mini-camp Mike Nugent lines up for his very first field goal attempt as a New York Jet....a 42 yarder............AND HE SHANKS IT WIDE RIGHT!! Sure they said it was a bad snap, but the ball was still set up well by the place holder.

Now if thats not a bad omen I don't know what is....BUT

Then his next attempt the ball hits the crossbar and GOES IN~! Which is opposite to what happened to Doug Brien against pittsburgh........so I guess thats a good omen?

I dunno, but I gotta admit. This guys supposed to have ice vains and the eye of the tiger blah blah blah. Time will tell.

I never trust anyone who talks how they have ice in their blood.

If you have ice in your blood you don't give a f*** about advertising it. Maybe you're a cold-blooded killer (Montana, Brady, Vinatieri, Reggie Miller, Larry Bird), maybe you're an arrogant one (Michael Jordan), but either way you're NEVER saying "I have ice in my veins" before you've done jacksh** at the pro level.

Thank you, that is all. He's a heck of a kicker.

Warfish, I saw your really impressive post on.... that other Jets site... did you ever post that over here? If not you should.

On draft day I was surprised but felt this was a solid move for the Jets--- locking up the K position longterm with a guy who's supposed to be a big plus. Hell, as a Pats fan I'm a sucker for the "kickers are more important than you think" argument.

But your numbers on Brien.... pretty interesting stuff.

This kid is going to have to be everything he has been billed as to justify the pick.

It's his first day in ******* mini camp, give him a god damn break. I'm sure your boy Justin Miller ****ed up a cover assignment and Cedric Houston got stuffed for a loss of 3. Calm the **** down it's April.

It's his first day in farging mini camp, give him a god damn break. I'm sure your boy Justin Miller F#cked up a cover assignment and Cedric Houston got stuffed for a loss of 3. Calm the F#ck down it's April.

LOL

I hit a nerve I see. :lol::lol:

Warfish, I saw your really impressive post on.... that other Jets site... did you ever post that over here? If not you should.

On draft day I was surprised but felt this was a solid move for the Jets--- locking up the K position longterm with a guy who's supposed to be a big plus. Hell, as a Pats fan I'm a sucker for the "kickers are more important than you think" argument.

But your numbers on Brien.... pretty interesting stuff.

This kid is going to have to be everything he has been billed as to justify the pick.

I don't think it's that big a deal. In fact, I expect him to miss a few right off the bat just dealing with everything going on around him. The important thing is that Westhoff and Herm are going to have to build and re-build his confidence at different points this season. The bottom line is that Doug Brien was fried as a Jet and that the Jets still got their guy in Justin Miller, so it's all good for Nugent. Let's just hope he gets a miss or two out of the way before it's in a big spot.

Today, in mini-camp Mike Nugent lines up for his very first field goal attempt as a New York Jet....a 42 yarder............AND HE SHANKS IT WIDE RIGHT!! Sure they said it was a bad snap, but the ball was still set up well by the place holder.

Then his next attempt the ball hits the crossbar and GOES IN~! Which is opposite to what happened to Doug Brien against pittsburgh........so I guess thats a good omen?

I dunno, but I gotta admit. This guys supposed to have ice vains and the eye of the tiger blah blah blah. Time will tell.

instead of admitting it, you should have kept the thread to yourself

Ok... so you're complaining about a kicker, who missed a kick in the first mini camp, in April?

It must be the offseason. Good gravy. Of all the things to complain about.

If he's missing kicks in the playoffs, then complain, b!tch, and moan.

BINGO :D

He was 6 for 6 Saturday, does that make you feel better? :roll: Worry about it when he misses in a game. :wink:

He was 6 for 6 Saturday, does that make you feel better? :roll: Worry about it when he misses in a game. :wink:

Archived