Tailgating forbidden at this year's Super Bowl

Mavrik

Tailgating Forbidden For Super Bowl

CBS4) MIAMI Die-hard football fans attending the Super Bowl game at Dolphin Stadium are getting a rude awakening after finding out that no tailgating of any type will be allowed on game day within one mile of the stadium.

"There is no tailgating allowed in the Dolphin Stadium parking lots," Sue Jaquez, a member of the Super Bowl XLI Host Committee, confirmed on Tuesday. "And there is no tailgating anywhere within a one-mile radius of the stadium." "And there are no RVs allowed."

Tailgating is permitted during regular- and post-season games for Dolphins fans, a team official on Tuesday said it would indeed be allowed at the Super Bowl. According to Jaquez, however, the official has been seriously misinformed.

The Dolphins do not organize and oversee the Super Bowl, Jaquez pointed out. Instead, those duties are left up to NFL officials. And because of security reasons, no pre-game partying on (or very near) the premises will take place. Fans spotted tailgating could face charges, Jaquez said.

"This is part of the NFL, not the Dolphins," Jaquez said. "If the Dolphins are saying there's tailgating -- or think it's going to be allowed -- then they need to contact the NFL."

Detective Nelda Fonticella of the Miami-Dade Police confirmed the Super Bowl rules.

If caught grilling or consuming alcohol within that one-mile radius of Dolphins Stadium, fans initially "will be warned and asked to pick up their things and leave," Fonticella said. "We're trying to make this a pleasant experience for everyone, and there will be plenty to do in the week leading up to the game."

The No Fun League is at it again I guess.

Further proof that real fans don't get the chance to attend the Super Bowl. It's just a big corporate schmooze session with hospitality tents instead of tailgate parties.

I bet half the fans attending (that aren't wearing jerseys) couldn't name a defender on either team.

Further proof that real fans don't get the chance to attend the Super Bowl. It's just a big corporate schmooze session with hospitality tents instead of tailgate parties.

Considering the average fan pretty much can't afford to attend this year's super bowl anyways, this doesn't surprise me.

I am so sick and tired of our civil liberties being taken away little by little. Let me repeat that. I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF OUR CIVIL LIBERTIES BEING TAKEN AWAY LITTLE BY LITTLE. Yeah, we are really free. We are free if we abide by some of the bull**** laws forced upon us by our state and federal governments. And if we give them money every year by paying our taxes. I love this country alot but I cant stand what this country has become though the 1990's to today. I am also sick and tired of alleged terror dictating security policy in this country and in our jobs and daily routine. I for one will not live my life in fear with drastic precautions. And this policy of no tailgaiting at the superbowl is totally ridiculous. I feel sorry for people who are actually going. Tailgaiting is a major part of the experience for the game. And to be honest all of this bull**** has gone way too far. You know, I'm not a democrat nor a republican but I cant wait for 08' because hopefully with a new president some of our civil liberties will be restored like an about face of most of the patriot act. It's getting really bad people. When you cant tailgate because of security issues then the ticket prices for the superbowl IMO should be half the price for half the experience. But we all know ticket prices wont get reduced. THE LAST TIME I CHECKED THIS IS STILL A GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, AND FOR THE PEOPLE.

There aren't many people who could name a defender on the Colts besides Freeney, June, Sanders and the injured Corey Simon. But, that's besides the point.

The real question is who cares? Unless you're attending the Super Bowl, that is. Otherwise, it's much adu about nothing. Yeah, the NFL sucks by not allowing the fans to be fans, making them more quiet and what not, taking away freedoms of expression and everything, but that's the NFL's right, I guess. I can understand making players wear suits and everything. You should look professional at your job. Many of us, who have jobs, have to adhear to a certain dress code. I just want my end zone celebrations back.

You guys are missing the point. It does not make a difference whether or not the fans are "real fans" by your standards. The point is tailgating has become as much a part of the game as the damn scoreboard...this whole thing is ridiculous. Why the NFL wants to disallow its fans to grill some food and drink a few beers in the spirit of their premier event is beyond me.

You guys are missing the point. It does not make a difference whether or not the fans are "real fans" by your standards. The point is tailgating has become as much a part of the game as the damn scoreboard...this whole thing is ridiculous. Why the NFL wants to disallow its fans to grill some food and drink a few beers in the spirit of their premier event is beyond me.

guess herm won't be attending.

question: is this the 1st time tailgating has been banned from a football game in the nfl?

I recently purchased a superbowl date on ebay based solely on her tail & gating skills. any attorny's here know of any loopholes to get me out of this committment. thanks

I am so sick and tired of our civil liberties being taken away little by little. Let me repeat that. I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF OUR CIVIL LIBERTIES BEING TAKEN AWAY LITTLE BY LITTLE. Yeah, we are really free. We are free if we abide by some of the bull**** laws forced upon us by our state and federal governments. And if we give them money every year by paying our taxes. I love this country alot but I cant stand what this country has become though the 1990's to today. I am also sick and tired of alleged terror dictating security policy in this country and in our jobs and daily routine. I for one will not live my life in fear with drastic precautions. And this policy of no tailgaiting at the superbowl is totally ridiculous. I feel sorry for people who are actually going. Tailgaiting is a major part of the experience for the game. And to be honest all of this bull**** has gone way too far. You know, I'm not a democrat nor a republican but I cant wait for 08' because hopefully with a new president some of our civil liberties will be restored like an about face of most of the patriot act. It's getting really bad people. When you cant tailgate because of security issues then the ticket prices for the superbowl IMO should be half the price for half the experience. But we all know ticket prices wont get reduced. THE LAST TIME I CHECKED THIS IS STILL A GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, AND FOR THE PEOPLE.

Have you lost your mind??? The NFL is saying no tailgating, not the government... :roll: Government this Government that.... THE NFL is hosting the game not the whitehouse... lol

This makes sense to me, they want to be tight on security so they dont want mass amounts of people just hanging around their cars... also these arent Dolphins fans so why would a lot of people respect the rules if it isnt even their home town? Hell a lot of people dont respect the rules IN their home town....

Both sides of the fight make sense... oh well... drink at your hotel and catch a cab...

THis whole government thing is still making me laugh... the NFL is not the government...:roll:

Have you lost your mind??? The NFL is saying no tailgating, not the government... :roll: Government this Government that.... THE NFL is hosting the game not the whitehouse... lol

This makes sense to me, they want to be tight on security so they dont want mass amounts of people just hanging around their cars... also these arent Dolphins fans so why would a lot of people respect the rules if it isnt even their home town? Hell a lot of people dont respect the rules IN their home town....

Both sides of the fight make sense... oh well... drink at your hotel and catch a cab...

THis whole government thing is still making me laugh... the NFL is not the government...:roll:

no but its gettin dang close

question: is this the 1st time tailgating has been banned from a football game in the nfl?

I recently purchased a superbowl date on ebay based solely on her tail & gating skills. any attorny's here know of any loopholes to get me out of this committment. thanks

My dad goes,

"Sounds like a violation of the equal protection clause. Invidious discrimination against [winne]Bagoers."

greenlantern at home

tinfoil-hat.jpg

no but its gettin dang close

Not at all... the NFL is a private business and they can run themselves how they want... that is sooooo far from the government...

If you dont like the rules they put in place then dont watch it... write a letter and complain... obviously most people dont care otherwise there would be a HUGE uproar about this...

The NFL and NFL teams allow people to tailgate all year, if they think its a bad idea at the big game then oh well.

Think about the BS they put up with all year, you know people get hurt in the lots... everyone dumps their coals right in the lot, leaves their garbage, gets into fights, gets wasted, hits cars with the footballs they arent supposed to be throwing...

If this were any other situation, Tailgating would have already been stopped period becuase of the people who break the rules over and over on a weekly basis... the team LET US keep trashing the parking lot and causing head aches for them because they know its part of the game... give the NFL a break if they cant deal with it for the big game....

I hate when people feel entitled to a privilege, your paying to watch the game thats it... your not paying to be watched in the lot for hours and hours... be happy they let us do it for every other game...

ITS NOT YOUR RIGHT TO TAILGATE get over it

Taking an educuated guess;is the NFL and their sponsors running officially-run tailgate parties themselves in and around the stadium for which patrons either need a ticket from the sponsor or pay a fee for a general admission to the NFL? It's about money. Know that Woody Johnson and every other owner look out on those gathered throngs every Sunday and ask themselves why they don't get a piece.

And not to knock Woody Johnson; a friend met him in the Bud tent at the Bills game, spoke to him for a little while and didn't even recognize him immediately until after a crowd gathered around him.Woody couldn't have been nicer. Still, this is all about cash.

Bugg I have that same feeling...I am sure there will be beer tents all around the stadium that you can go to or NFL sponsored tailgate parties in the area as well. It always comes down to money.

Im glad its that way, all of that money is what makes the NFL what it is today and its pretty damn entertaining...

Something has to pay for all of the new stadiums, advertising, ect the NFL is trying to cash in on the big game... who can blame them...

ecurb you have got to be kidding me...The NFL is a billion dollar industry and the tailgating parties from the super bowl would be a burp to them. Are you also glad how the owners continue to raise ticket prices and the stadiums charger $8 a beer too? the NFL is once again taking advantage of the fans because they know they can. Granted if you are going to the SB you are not broke but this is just another case

If this were any other situation, Tailgating would have already been stopped period becuase of the people who break the rules over and over on a weekly basis... the team LET US keep trashing the parking lot and causing head aches for them because they know its part of the game...

No they let it happen because they make money off of it. Parking in most stadiums ain't cheap.

There's a reason that the NFL is referred to as the No Fun League.

Yes I have completely lost my mind! It's a conspiracy man! LOL

I didn't know I had a legal right to attend football games, I think it's time I write to my senator. The NFL even charges me to go there! My civil liberty is being violated!

I just read the Constitution again, right to life, liberty, property and now tailgating. I wonder when they snuck that one in there?

They banned it because they were sick of seeing fans drinking wine and eating cheese and crackers... How good does it look when the cameras show fans reading the New Yorker, discussing their beach house, eating foie gras..

The NFL only said they dont want tailgating and no Winny-bagos because that EXACTLY what they want... They want the beer-swilling, deep dish pizza eating slobs that reside in She-caaa-go... They dont want corporate douche bags acting like they are better than everyone, they want a Mark Cuban.... They want a fight in the parking lot between the Bears and Colts fans... They will publicly deny all of this, of course...

Archived