Senior Bowl-4PM today

faba

that's a little better. thanks for the individual updates. Anyone have how many yards the rb's had. How many tackles, sacks, int's the def. had.

dont know the exact but amobi, moore and patterson all had a sack. carriker was every where. he is a beast. set the tone for the whole line. lot of hurries and hits fumble recoveries fumbles. he was a monster. kolb and leak will be having nightmares about him tonight

Says a lot..like the SEC and ACC are overrated:Nuts:

Oh, right, I forgot how well michigan and ohio state did in their bowl games.

How silly to evaluate conference strength by one all-star game.

Next thing you'll say is Rutgers had a tough schedule.

dewey_defeats_truman.jpg

I could really care less who won the game. And I doubt most of the players actually cared as long as they did well individually. This game was to showcase the seniors talent. But since you are beating your north drum, let me clue you in. It was only seniors and even the top prospects were not there. Personally I could care less about all this big 10 vs sec and every other college division crap. Div 1 college football is a joke because of the bcs and the money grubing conferences. Go to a different site if you want to debate that kind of stuff. All I care about is the jets getting the best players they can in the draft and the winning a superbowl.

hey Jetcane that kid from Miami....Merriweather? the safety/CB is a hard hitting machine and I would love to see him in green and white for the summer-where is he projected to go?

How did he do in the senior bowl yesterday?

I'm guessing he goes in round 2.

he was the brightest spot on a dismal day by the South defense-that kid can friggin hit man-and cover

He might have played himself into a first round pick, but i think thats a reach. Good value in round two, though.

Funny, in his first season in 2003, he got completely bowled over in the wvu game by quincy (son of nfl'r, forgot his last name). BM was embarrassed on that play, which went for a TD.

BUT, he worked hard, came back stronger and heavier, and didnt get pancaked by a RB again.

He had to play some CB this season, due to poor recruting by Llllllarry coker, and that may have hurt his overall stats, but he is definitely a good safety.

Oh, right, I forgot how well michigan and ohio state did in their bowl games.

How silly to evaluate conference strength by one all-star game.

Next thing you'll say is Rutgers had a tough schedule.

dewey_defeats_truman.jpg

LOL..nice reaction to a sarcastic comment. Where do you get Rutgers from in that comment anyway?

oh yea Jay Moore could be New Englands new version of Tedy Brushci-I wouldn't doubt he ends up...well up there

I didn't see the game but 3 sacks!?!?!?! I could see him playing OLB for us. He could shed about 10 lbs. and that would help a bunch with his quickness instead of adding more weight just to play on the d line.

Merriweather earlier in the season was a projected Top 10 / 15 pick, now he's falling to Round 2? Did he really have that bad of a season?:eek:

124 , you know from our discussions that the only one of us who thought he was a first round pick was you ;)

He had a Frank Gor'ish senior season- which is to say, he didnt apply himself 100%, was not going to play balls to the walls for Llllllarry, but will probably turn it up a notch or two now that the pro $$$ is on the line.

I didn't see the game but 3 sacks!?!?!?! I could see him playing OLB for us. He could shed about 10 lbs. and that would help a bunch with his quickness instead of adding more weight just to play on the d line.

you can't count 2 of them though Alk they came on plays that the LT screwed up-I mean he came in untouched-NOBODY blocked him or even tried-they were blocking scheme screw-up sacks-me or you would have had 2 sacks on those plays

Oh yea he's a projected 3/4 LBer project-NE was mentioned during the game as being a good fit

Okoye at 19 is a baby in the football world-lots of potential.

North manhandled the South team. Troy Smith did not look too good though to me.

Yup I found Okoye most impressive , ESPECIALLY for a 19 year old. I wasn't expecting too much out of him but he looked good. I guess 4 yrs. of starting at Louisville paid off. I thought too that Smith looked like doggie Doo. Was Chris Leak even at the game? Never did like him so I was NOT surprized.

124 , you know from our discussions that the only one of us who thought he was a first round pick was you ;)

He had a Frank Gor'ish senior season- which is to say, he didnt apply himself 100%, was not going to play balls to the walls for Llllllarry, but will probably turn it up a notch or two now that the pro $$$ is on the line.

cmon jetcane just say it - the dude shot at someone