Super Bowl food

Alk

On the west coast, it's more like this....

Tofu chili tossed in a light rosemary tomato basil demi glaze

Avocado, Feta and Dolphin-free tuna wrapped in an alfalfa sprout pita with a light mango-cilantro vinaigrette

Salmon (you know, if there's one thing I hate, it's salmon, but you can't escape it here) organic onion-flaxseed burgers on a 24 grain environmentally friendly sun dried tomato dill roll.

And if all the s*** above doesn't work for you......

....see Troll's menu and have another beer.

:cheers:

The west coast straight up sucks.

Quick lasagna that is SICK! Make it the night before so it sets nicely:

Saute (sp?) ground beef, ground veal and ground pork along with some caseless hot sausage (just squeeze it out of the casing). Add two jars of favorite store bought tomato sauce and your choice of herbs and spices.

Separately, briefly saute some spinach in a little garlic and oil.

Mix ricotta with an egg and herbs (egg helps it set and not run when baked, kinda like Ricky Williams:p)

THE KEY: No boil oven ready lasagna from Ronzoni. Listen, I am italian and grew up with my mother's lasagna but the pasta was always overcooked and mushy, not with this stuff. It cooks in the oven and retains a nice aldente texture, truly remarkable.

Now comes the easy part:

ladle some sauce in the bottom of the pan, 3 sheets of the no bake pasta, apply a layer of the riccotta, then spinach, then more sauce. A little parmigiano, some mozzarella and repeat 2 more times. Top with remaining sauce and mozz. Bake at about 350 for roughly 20-30 minutes and let set (preferably overnight).

Great dish, very transportable and a small wedge goes a long way. Make this and you will be the life of the party (well, maybe at least).

I also like to make fake hot wings:

Soak wings in red hot or tabasco overnight with salt pepper, whatever. LIGHTLY dust (using a sifter) the wings with a flour/corn starch mixture (seals in the hot sauce when it bakes), and I mean lightly, you don't want a batter coating just a light film over the hot sauce soaked wings. Pop in the oven and roast until golden brown. Serve with some serious blue cheese and carrots and celery.

I call them fake because they're not fried and there's no butter in the hot sauce.

Hope this helps.

Quick lasagna that is SICK! Make it the night before so it sets nicely:

Saute (sp?) ground beef, ground veal and ground pork along with some caseless hot sausage (just squeeze it out of the casing). Add two jars of favorite store bought tomato sauce and your choice of herbs and spices.

Separately, briefly saute some spinach in a little garlic and oil.

Mix ricotta with an egg and herbs (egg helps it set and not run when baked, kinda like Ricky Williams:p)

THE KEY: No boil oven ready lasagna from Ronzoni. Listen, I am italian and grew up with my mother's lasagna but the pasta was always overcooked and mushy, not with this stuff. It cooks in the oven and retains a nice aldente texture, truly remarkable.

Now comes the easy part:

ladle some sauce in the bottom of the pan, 3 sheets of the no bake pasta, apply a layer of the riccotta, then spinach, then more sauce. A little parmigiano, some mozzarella and repeat 2 more times. Top with remaining sauce and mozz. Bake at about 350 for roughly 20-30 minutes and let set (preferably overnight).

Great dish, very transportable and a small wedge goes a long way. Make this and you will be the life of the party (well, maybe at least).

I also like to make fake hot wings:

Soak wings in red hot or tabasco overnight with salt pepper, whatever. LIGHTLY dust (using a sifter) the wings with a flour/corn starch mixture (seals in the hot sauce when it bakes), and I mean lightly, you don't want a batter coating just a light film over the hot sauce soaked wings. Pop in the oven and roast until golden brown. Serve with some serious blue cheese and carrots and celery.

I call them fake because they're not fried and there's no butter in the hot sauce.

Hope this helps.

raffy, no hash brownies? :wink:

Archived