JetNation's Biggest Loser thread..Now open to the public!

TaborJet

JetNation’s…The Biggest Loser!

(Now open the the public!)

:Banane43::flex::Banane43:

So, did the holidays add on a few extra pounds? Those pants feeling a little tight? Well, get away from your PC and do something about it!

Starting January 29th, JetNation is welcoming all to shed those pounds and get in shape!

· All contestants will have an initial weigh-in, and post how much they want to lose. *For those who wish to keep their weight private, just listing how much you want to lose is OK.

· Every week, all contestants will update their current weight/how many pounds they lost.

· The competition will last until the main event, Max’s 10-mile run in the park! The date is to be determined, but all are welcome to cheer our leader on to glory! Afterwards, of course, we can find a local place to celebrate and drink some empty calories! :cheers:

· Since we can’t really check on each other, we will rely on the honor system.

· How you lose the pounds is up to you. Special diets, exercise, fasting…whatever works! Please take caution and pace yourselves!

***This is just a friendly competition. The only reward here is how good you will feel by the time summer starts***

To be included in this, just PM Max or myself and we will add you to the thread! This thread isn't about keeping everyone out, it's about keeping the ones who want some change in their life in!

Members in the club:

Tabor

Max

GOB

Smizzy

Greengal

Thor99

Bill Parcells

Panzer Division Marduk

Lurker

MrsTaborJet (HopefulJet)

ecurb2369

Any info you would like to share as to how you will go about this is welcome!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name is Tabor and I want to drop 30 lbs.

everyone: Hi Tabor

I started at the gym yesterday. I have done this kind of thing before, losing a large amount of weight. So you would assume I know what I'm doing, right?

Wrong! I pushed a little too hard yesterday. You can't just get back in the rhythm that quickly. There is a break-in period.

Heading back tonight, but I'll just hit the elliptical machine, and skip the weights.

Well I am not going to post my starting weight just yet. But here is my blog. I want to lose a bunch of weight. Not sure the exact #. I don't want to frame it out and limit myself. Just want to get healthy basically.

My weight loss total so far (I started last week):

Week One: 7.6lbs

I lifted 3 days and ran 3 days, also jumped rope. Drank nothing but water and ate a very strict diet! It's a start!

I stumbled a bit yesterday...I had Sunday Brunch with a couple of bloody mary's and some Bacardi and diet coke :blush: .also,I have been working since 2 am today,I just got home and I am exhausted and starved.I will get back on track tomorrow.:lol:

well... i dont know how i got myself into this... and honestly i will not be successful... although i am a pro at this... i haave done every diet in creation...

OY!

whatever i do... i will still be the HOTTEST of all of you...

i might even haave the biggest tata's, but i am not sure ;)

and my update.... i just got back from a two mile brisk walk and my face is frozen... it is cold out there!

well... i dont know how i got myself into this... and honestly i will not be successful... although i am a pro at this... i haave done every diet in creation...

OY!

and my update.... i just got back from a two mile brisk walk and my face is frozen... it is cold out there!

Just steal Tabor's idea. Lie about your actual weight loss and don't show up at any JN events going forward!!!

Just steal Tabor's idea. Lie about your actual weight loss and don't show up at any JN events going forward!!!

i just think you dont want me showing up for anymore JN events. :shock:

you get jealous...because when i show up, you no longer have the biggest tatas.

:P

I have the luxury of a pizza place 2 doors down from my store in which I spend about 70 hours a week at... lets just say I have put on some weight since I bought this shop!...

I will be making an attempt to get in shape this winter, losing weight is only part of it but I am happy to join in.

Nobody take diet pills (cheaters), stay healthy JN! LOL

OK...Update..Bill Parcells just completed 40 minutes of cardio, and hit the shoulders up and also did the abba dabbas..

Tips for workout n00bs

1)Always try and do cardio on an empty stomach(you will burn more fat)

2)Drink plenty of water to make you feel full

3)Don't eat after 7pm

4)Brush your teeth after dinner(it will keep you from cheating)

OY!

no kidding. I always have to do a lot of walking and it's brutal.

I'm down 2 pounds so far.

This will sound like a cop out. But My life is entirely to crazy right now to think about a diet.

I am the biggest loser,I know.

This is when a good healthy diet would help clear your mind and give you the enery to fix things...

Though rumor has it a Big Mac has the same effect... :)

Weigh in over the weekend. Just ran on lunch. Ate a turkey sandwich. Had some oatmeal for breakfast and dinner is undecided.

Stopped at Quick Chek for a newspaper. I was hungry. I didn't walk out with my normal array of Sno-Balls. Instead I opted for a Dannon Strawberry Yogurt. Pretty ironic huh? I like Sno-Balls. Who woulda thunk it?

Weigh in over the weekend. Just ran on lunch. Ate a turkey sandwich. Had some oatmeal for breakfast and dinner is undecided.

Stopped at Quick Chek for a newspaper. I was hungry. I didn't walk out with my normal array of Sno-Balls. Instead I opted for a Dannon Strawberry Yogurt. Pretty ironic huh? I like Sno-Balls. Who woulda thunk it?

Sounds good mound. Keep up the good work.

Well, I figured I'd better jump in and post something... even though I think I've actually gained weight and not lost a pound! :eek: I don't think I'll advertise my current weight, you NEVER ask a woman her weight! Besides, between three scales I've tried the weight is so drastically different I cannot really tell what is accurate. Clothes are tight, so I know it's not good! This always happens to me... when I'm ready to start another diet and exercise regime, I get sick. I've been fighting a cold for 2 weeks, on and off, and have been to the gym twice. I can confirm TaborJet has been to the gym several times being that we live in the same house and all, I know this. Unless he's just suiting up and heading over to Dominos and the sweat is really from the spicy chicken wings. Who knows. Marriage is great and all, but all we've done for 3 years is eat, drink and sit in front of the computer!!

Good luck everyone...

Well, I figured I'd better jump in and post something... even though I think I've actually gained weight and not lost a pound! :eek: I don't think I'll advertise my current weight, you NEVER ask a woman her weight! Besides, between three scales I've tried the weight is so drastically different I cannot really tell what is accurate. Clothes are tight, so I know it's not good! This always happens to me... when I'm ready to start another diet and exercise regime, I get sick. I've been fighting a cold for 2 weeks, on and off, and have been to the gym twice. I can confirm TaborJet has been to the gym several times being that we live in the same house and all, I know this. Unless he's just suiting up and heading over to Dominos and the sweat is really from the spicy chicken wings. Who knows. Marriage is great and all, but all we've done for 3 years is eat, drink and sit in front of the computer!!

Good luck everyone...

Hey! Pretty cool that you are doing this. Don't show us up too much. Try and be gracious when you win!

Well I am not going to post my starting weight just yet. But here is my blog. I want to lose a bunch of weight. Not sure the exact #. I don't want to frame it out and limit myself. Just want to get healthy basically.

My weight loss total so far (I started last week):

Week One: 7.6lbs

I lifted 3 days and ran 3 days, also jumped rope. Drank nothing but water and ate a very strict diet! It's a start!

Week 2 -- I lost 2.2 pounds. Survived a work party and completed my 2nd week of running. I actually don't feel like I am going to die when I run. Now it just seems like I will slip into a coma. This is pretty big progress. :P

Total so far is just under 10. If I can survive the Super Bowl I won't be stopped! ;) Need to lift more this week. Only did that once last week. Also jumping rope -- it was so damn cold out I didn't do that at all. I can't let the cold become an excuse.

Good luck everyone...

nice to see another woman in the challenge!! :yahoo: remember...men tend to lose quicker then women...so dont get discouraged...

i went on the treadmill today... i think this is the longest sustained exercise regime i have done in years........ so that is good..

i truly believe i do not have a metabolism... but that willnot discourage me :D

i did get my blood work done... my cholesterol is low... and blood pressure is very normal... so that is good...

hope everyone else is haaving a good week...and just remember ..if you slip... get right back on ;)

I didn't believe Max was serious about this. So I followed him around with a camera to catch his workout regimen:

Q2-rcvIlqHI

Cmon Tabor here we are working out yesterday. I know you didn't want this posted but the people need to know the truth.

pN2gvrHVH7M

Cmon Tabor here we are working out yesterday. I know you didn't want this posted but the people need to know the truth.

pN2gvrHVH7M

Two big thanks I forgot to give you...

Thanks for having your kid hold the punching bag. :box:

And thanks for letting me wear your underwear! That was fun!

hey! what is whith the hijacking??/ :roll:

stay on topic, boys!!!

did a good job eaating yesterday ... back on the wagon...

we can put a man on the moon ( or so some think! :lol: ) how come we cant make a pill that will allow you to love weight SAFELY!

You know what sucks about going to a gym in the winter? It's friggin' cold. Working up a nice sweat in a place where the windows are all fogged up, and then opening that door..it's just not right.

You have been working out 2 weeks, you started this challenge and all you bring to the table is negativity? ;) You are going to be like that female trainer that got kicked off the TV show. Motivate people Todd...motivate them.

Here goes:

I ran 2 nights ago. It was 11 degrees out. The cold only served to make me try harder. I was determined to not be swayed by the elements. It was 7pm and it was very dark. I am scared when I run. I have this 10 mile task in front of me. It is daunting. I have told the world I can do this. The world has answered with a resounding reply, "no you can't". Will I fail? Am I wrong? Everyone is convinced that I am.

Yet as I ran the other night I realized something. I had 10 excuses why I could have blown off running that night. It was too cold. Wanted to spend time with the kids. Worked late. Needed to finish painting the living room. Somehow though I was able to ignore all of it. I was able to do what was truly important at that moment. I was able to run. The cold, the wind, the darkness -- none of it mattered.

This was the first time in the 3 weeks that I have been running that I truly knew I wouldn't fail. I smiled as I ran. My legs felt fresh. I had more energy. I didn't feel the urge to stop this time. It was getting easier. I thought of when the kids went running with me over the weekend and how happy they were. I thought of the pride I would feel in the spring when I ran a 5k with them.

Will I fail on this quest? If I said I wasn't scared, I would be lying. But I know if I give it 100% I can do it. I also know that by devoting 100% to my health, I can't fail regardless of the outcome. The road in front of me is long. I am taking this one step at a time. I will enjoy each mini-milestone as I reach it. Keeping my eyes on the larger picture the entire time.

Archived