JetNation's Biggest Loser thread..Now open to the public!

TaborJet

Maxman = Anthony Robbins. My hero!

Seriously, my endurance is getting back up there. I don't feel a heart attack coming on anymore when I'm on the elliptical. I found a nice pace to go at that's in the fat burning zone. for a 25 minute workout, I burn 280 calories. Not bad. i need to up the ante over the coming weeks to at least 40 minutes.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After much deliberation, this thread is now re-opened to the public.

Verde, you got your wish. We need a cheerleader in here!

Wow, what a waste of a wish! But since you're capable of granting...

Seriously though, I wish you all much success. Ask gg, I am her personal motivator!

Wow, what a waste of a wish! But since you're capable of granting...

Seriously though, I wish you all much success. Ask gg, I am her personal motivator!

Total waste of a wish. Tabor doesn't realize that you only get a few wishes!

As far as you being a personal motivator those emails you send me that say keep up the good work fatty, wow they really motivate me.

Thanks! :P

Total waste of a wish. Tabor doesn't realize that you only get a few wishes!

As far as you being a personal motivator those emails you send me that say keep up the good work fatty, wow they really motivate me.

Thanks! :P

Oh you're full of ****. I never told you to keep up the good work. :Banane43:

Week One: 7.6lbs

Week Two: 2.2lbs

Week Three: 1.6lbs

Didn't lift this week. Surpassed 10 pounds in total. Ate pretty strict though -- had two work functions that I managed to survive. Ran every other day. Stamina is increasing -- it is a LONG way to 10 miles though. Right now I am happy with 1. :P

Didn't lift this week. Surpassed 10 pounds in total. Ate pretty strict though -- had two work functions that I managed to survive. Ran every other day. Stamina is increasing -- it is a LONG way to 10 miles though. Right now I am happy with 1. :P

sorry max, takin a dump is not a workout function.

it may seem so after strict eating, but it's not.

to the rest of you, put the sleeve of oreo's down & walk away

regards, joemotivator

sorry max, takin a dump is not a workout function.

it may seem so after strict eating, but it's not.

to the rest of you, put the sleeve of oreo's down & walk away

regards, joemotivator

Dear 50 Year Old Poster:

Thanks for the motivation.

Signed,

Max

I gained a couple pounds this week... long week...

Overall I am down 4 pounds though... who the hell would have thought a JETS football forum would be the cause of me attempting to get in shape... lol

:(

nice to see another woman in the challenge!! :yahoo: remember...men tend to lose quicker then women...so dont get discouraged...

I haven't done crap these few weeks!!! That is sad :(. In my defense, I've been sick fighting a severe cold and bronchitis. I'm not one of those lucky souls who drop weight when they are sick... I probably gained weight; that pizza Friday night was good (that was Tabor's idea... I did not fight it). ha ha. Enough of my whining, I cannot get discouraged and must forge on.

:box:

I haven't done crap these few weeks!!! That is sad :(. In my defense, I've been sick fighting a severe cold and bronchitis. I'm not one of those lucky souls who drop weight when they are sick... I probably gained weight; that pizza Friday night was good (that was Tabor's idea... I did not fight it). ha ha. Enough of my whining, I cannot get discouraged and must forge on.

Well told you that you married down when we met you and Tabor. So that is not an excuse. You picked him, no deal with it and press on.

We know it must be rough. But stick by your decision! :shutit:

Well told you that you married down when we met you and Tabor. So that is not an excuse. You picked him, no deal with it and press on.

We know it must be rough. But stick by your decision! :shutit:

Here's idea for you when the impending snowstorm comes this week.

Throw a 4x4 on your back and run up some hills!

s7Kg_w-0y_w

well ik hope you feel better soon :(

this weekend i was at a very lavish bat mitzvah.. so i ate myself silly... no exercise.

i am going for a hike with a friend in an hour... so i am sure i will be sore.. but ..OY! time to get back on track... sigh...

What kind of thread is this exactly?

get your mind out of the gutter, you sick sick boy.

the hike went well.. aand i think since i haave working out... it was easier then i t has been in a while. then we went for lunch and i had a salad! :yahoo:

So Max and others, what has been your strategy / game plans / whats your diet look like on a daily basis? I'm looking to try to shed around 20-30lbs.

I have been keeping it simple. Drinking nothing but water for the most part. Eat oatmeal for breakfast, turkey sandwich for lunch and a light dinner. Smaller portions.

Also been running to burn calories.

I went running on lunch today and a bird crapped on me. True story.

I have been keeping it simple. Drinking nothing but water for the most part. Eat oatmeal for breakfast, turkey sandwich for lunch and a light dinner. Smaller portions.

Also been running to burn calories.

I went running on lunch today and a bird crapped on me. True story.

Do you think the bird was trying to tell you something?

So Max and others, what has been your strategy / game plans / whats your diet look like on a daily basis? I'm looking to try to shed around 20-30lbs.

One word of advice Joe. Unless you are looking to gain 20lbs, do not ask Max or the mods for diet and exercise advice.

A bird taking a dump on your head is a sign of good luck. My grandma said so. Plus, I have proof:

Seagull poops on my friends head at the beach some years ago. On the way home.....she gets in a minor accident....you would think that was bad luck, right? Think again. A year later she married the dude that hit her car and they have to be the happiest couple I've ever seen.

Brothers friends go to the Beach - massive seagull poopage to the head. Hit everyone but this one particular girl. Again, on the way home there was an accident - but this one was bad. The chick that went poopless died. True.

My friends sister was walking through the Public Garden in Boston. Bird pooped on her head. Later that week she got a phenomenal job offer - out of the blue - and a $25K increase in salary.

I wish I had seen this thread sooner...I started dieting a couple of months ago and I've dropped 30 pounds. I'd like to drop another 20. I've been going to the gym like a mad man (two to three times a day). I do AT LEAST an hour of cardio a day with one weight lifting session. My diet has been six meals and all the meals are an equal balance of carbs and protein with very low fat. Right now I"m down from my all time high of 220 to 190. I can only imagine how much I would have lost by now if I hadn't found the pub in the village I live in and drinking a ton of Guiness and Kronenbourg:cheers:

I wish I had seen this thread sooner...I started dieting a couple of months ago and I've dropped 30 pounds. I'd like to drop another 20. I've been going to the gym like a mad man (two to three times a day). I do AT LEAST an hour of cardio a day with one weight lifting session. My diet has been six meals and all the meals are an equal balance of carbs and protein with very low fat. Right now I"m down from my all time high of 220 to 190. I can only imagine how much I would have lost by now if I hadn't found the pub in the village I live in and drinking a ton of Guiness and Kronenbourg:cheers:

That is awesome.. but is going to the gym 2-3 times a day do-able long term?

That is awesome.. but is going to the gym 2-3 times a day do-able long term?

I'll have to see...I've been doing two times a day for several weeks and the three times a day I just started recently. I can't go three times every single day as my lunch break gets cut short sometimes (like today) but even if I go twice three or four times a week and three times once or twice I'll be fine with that.

I'll have to see...I've been doing two times a day for several weeks and the three times a day I just started recently. I can't go three times every single day as my lunch break gets cut short sometimes (like today) but even if I go twice three or four times a week and three times once or twice I'll be fine with that.

I thought two-a-days were for training camp. And here I was going to brag about staying on the elliptical for 45 minutes! Ok, so I will brag! My legs didn't buckle under me, and my stamina is increasing.

:)

I thought two-a-days were for training camp. And here I was going to brag about staying on the elliptical for 45 minutes! Ok, so I will brag! My legs didn't buckle under me, and my stamina is increasing.

:)

I pretty much live on the elliptical at this point. I'm having some issues with my leg and the docs say it's a possible stress fracture in my tibia so no impact exercise. You gotta start somewhere Tabor. I started at around 25 minutes and now I do 90 minutes on some days and a minimum of 45 minutes.

A bird taking a dump on your head is a sign of good luck. My grandma said so. Plus, I have proof:

Seagull poops on my friends head at the beach some years ago. On the way home.....she gets in a minor accident....you would think that was bad luck, right? Think again. A year later she married the dude that hit her car and they have to be the happiest couple I've ever seen.

Brothers friends go to the Beach - massive seagull poopage to the head. Hit everyone but this one particular girl. Again, on the way home there was an accident - but this one was bad. The chick that went poopless died. True.

My friends sister was walking through the Public Garden in Boston. Bird pooped on her head. Later that week she got a phenomenal job offer - out of the blue - and a $25K increase in salary.

WOW. I can't wait to get my good news later this week! The poop was from some Canadian Geese. Not bad though even after you do the US\Canadian exchange I should still do alright.

Archived