JetNation's Biggest Loser thread..Now open to the public!

TaborJet

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bird taking a dump on your head is a sign of good luck.

Not a sign of good luck, but how can your luck get any worse....

So Max and others, what has been your strategy / game plans / whats your diet look like on a daily basis? I'm looking to try to shed around 20-30lbs.

I have been eating less and cut junk out of the day, snacking while at work etc. I dont exercise or anything besides walking around at my job.

Not that I'm an expert - but try starting the day with protien, not carbs. Have a slice of cheese and a slice of turkey.

Kudos to eliptical man. I hate that thing. I hate all machines, really. Treadmill bores the bejesus out of me.....good for you, GG! I try taking classes - kick-boxing, pilates. Why? Forced competition. I absolutely refuse to have the "fatter" girl do better than me. I know that is messed up, but it works for me. When I do power-walk (weather permitting) I go to the local high school and do laps - ocassional running the stairs - I try to find a "victim." Someone walking laps as well. Someone who is ahead of me by half - and my motivation is to beat her, or him. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I also NEED my ipod. Can't understand how people run or walk without one.

Anyway, good luck everyone. You're all doing great!

yogurt and fiber one for breakfast...

42 minutes on the treadmill...

not seeing much difference... sigh.... but not gonna give up...

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon!

It sucks to schlep off to the gym all bundled up. But I think of the results further down the road, when the jackets get packed away. Come draft day party, some difference. By summer, a lot of difference!

yogurt and fiber one for breakfast...

42 minutes on the treadmill...

not seeing much difference... sigh.... but not gonna give up...

There's no easy way out. There's no shortcut home.

Watch this and you will feel better.

DeTIpN1F5Hk

Max, do you do that same finish when you're done jumping rope?

I be you're letting your beard grow in, too.

:box:

Please don't ask me "how I finish". That's personal. And you are creeping me out.

Oh I can jump rope though. Right now I look like Chris Farley doing it but I can move!

Bro --

You are freaking me out! 3 workouts in a day. WOW. You training for the new Rambo film?

Actually had a setback of sorts today. Found out that the gym will be closing for two weeks for painting/re-surfacing the floors etc. The closure will be taking place next week. What makes that even worse is that I'm taking a week long road trip around the UK starting this weekend. So essentially, I've been on a hell of a roll and now no gym for three weeks.:badmood:

Actually had a setback of sorts today. Found out that the gym will be closing for two weeks for painting/re-surfacing the floors etc. The closure will be taking place next week. What makes that even worse is that I'm taking a week long road trip around the UK starting this weekend. So essentially, I've been on a hell of a roll and now no gym for three weeks.:badmood:

No problem. Why don't you just jog around the UK instead of driving?

No problem. Why don't you just jog around the UK instead of driving?

Actually I was thinking about how cool it would be to go for a jog in each city I visit but it'll have to be a walk with this possible stress fracture in my leg. Not sure if I'm going to have the bone scan done before my trip:confused:

The fastest way to lose weight is to run first thing in the morning before you eat breakfast. At night your body uses sugar when you sleep so if you work out when you first wake up in the morning you go directly to burning fat.

Eat a light breakfast, stay away from eggs and pork in the morning. Oatmeal and orange juice are the way to go and they start up your metabolism. Instead of fries, have a side of salad with whatever you eat but stay away from all dressings except Italian.

it may be a blessing afj. the worst thing you can do is totally overdo it & burn out.

for the first time since the beginning.. i woke up very sore today.. took the day off of exercise.. but will go back on the treadmill tomorrow.

i need to do more weights. i would like to find some good ab exercises...

for the first time since the beginning.. i woke up very sore today.. took the day off of exercise.. but will go back on the treadmill tomorrow.

i need to do more weights. i would like to find some good ab exercises...

Ab exercises are useless w/o burning the overlaying fat. Concentrate on cardio and stretching initially, girlfriend.

Ab exercises are useless w/o burning the overlaying fat. Concentrate on cardio and stretching initially, girlfriend.

i am ...but i do have a rest day a week and i would like to be able to do something...

and it will take me years to burn all the overlying fat unless i stick an apple in my mouth and go the whole rotisserie route..... :lol:

Actually you can burn the fat quicker with muscle underneath it.

Yes, this is true.. But abs... People usually want to 'do abs' for a reason..

and lifting to tone or build muscle.. unless she has someone show her proper form, she could hurt herself

or just flat out do it wrong.

And gg is just starting.. so I think cardio is best to begin with initially.

I didn't run today. I was going to. I opted to use the ice and snow as an excuse. Also took the family to dinner instead.

I could go now but that damn draft daddy transcript needs to be put on the front page. Oh well -- tomorrow is another day!

I started working out today did some treadmill and bike stuff-my wife has been doing it for a month straight and she's starting to slim down and her butt looks GOOD-I figure I better get on the ball before she leaves me for some younger richer guy

Seriously, has anyone here tired taking Stackers? I have and they seem to help, curbing your appetite and all. I took them and did the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs in 3 months about 6 years ago. I only ate meat eggs and cheese though along with salads. It might be something to give a try to.

Seriously, has anyone here tired taking Stackers? I have and they seem to help, curbing your appetite and all. I took them and did the Atkins diet and lost 60 lbs in 3 months about 6 years ago. I only ate meat eggs and cheese though along with salads. It might be something to give a try to.

Years ago I bought them. Back in the ephedra days. I took one at night and when I went to bed I felt my heart racing. It freaked me out.

Threw them out and never took another one.

I am going to do it the old fashioned way or not at all this time around!

Years ago I bought them. Back in the ephedra days. I took one at night and when I went to bed I felt my heart racing. It freaked me out.

Threw them out and never took another one.

I am going to do it the old fashioned way or not at all this time around!

Diet pills killed Anna Nicole Im sure, they are really bad for you...

Not that all the food I eat in one day is good for me... :)

Tommorow I am actually going to cook a healthy fish dinner for me and the girlfriend... lets see if I can stay on that track and not the eat everything in sight track...

The diet pills that ANS was taking was Trimspa, what they do is expand in your stomach like those old dinosaur foam toys you add water to. Stackers are basically caffine pills and appetite suppressants. Max, you're not supposed to take them at night as they give you energy. I would take one after eatijng breakfast and sometimes after lunch as well.

The diet pills that ANS was taking was Trimspa, what they do is expand in your stomach like those old dinosaur foam toys you add water to. Stackers are basically caffine pills and appetite suppressants. Max, you're not supposed to take them at night as they give you energy. I would take one after eatijng breakfast and sometimes after lunch as well.

I took it before lifting at night. Back then I would work out around 9pm. So I probably took it at 8 or so. When the clock said 1am and my heart was still racing, it freaked me out.

i am ...but i do have a rest day a week and i would like to be able to do something...

and it will take me years to burn all the overlying fat unless i stick an apple in my mouth and go the whole rotisserie route..... :lol:

potw nom. hilarious gg.

re abs. you're s'posed to work them in every excersize. it's all about the core (not apple core either)

V-are you saying that sit-ups are no good?

today I did a mile on the gazelle 10 minutes on the bike with weights and 30 sit ups

Archived