JetNation's Biggest Loser thread..Now open to the public!

TaborJet

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Losing my job, nonstop rain and buying Lego Star Wars II means I resign from this thread.

That's no way for a winner of 2 JN awards to be talking in this thread!

I'm hooked on Star Wars Battlefront II, and I just burned 500 calories today on the elliptical.

My favourite is still the old wireframe graphics one, with the sit in cabinet. I dunno how much money I dumped in that one.

Wasn't that called "Star Fire" but was a total Star Wars rip-off?

If anyone plays SWBFII online, just look for TaborJet!

Anyway, back on topic. 3 weeks in, and not a whole lot of difference yet.

Anyway, back on topic. 3 weeks in, and not a whole lot of difference yet.

No, it was Star Wars, it was that one where you fight the TIEs, then do the Death Star Trench Run.

And on topic? No change.

I'm hooked on Star Wars Battlefront II, and I just burned 500 calories today on the elliptical.

Aint nothing wrong with SW video games at all. As a matter of fact, I urge all to play them.

BF2 is awesome BTW.

My favourite is still the old wireframe graphics one, with the sit in cabinet. I dunno how much money I dumped in that one.

No, it was Star Wars, it was that one where you fight the TIEs, then do the Death Star Trench Run.

is there no end to the dorkiness ion this jets site?? :lol:

take it to the gaming forum boys :P

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17:D

Week One: 7.6lbs

Week Two: 2.2lbs

Week Three: 1.6lbs

Week Four: 1.4lbs

I need to pick up the pace this week. I slacked a lot this week. Stayed in line calorie wise but have to pick up the pace working out.

I see a trend here:

Week Five .5 lbs

Week Six +2.2lbs

Week Seven +5.3lbs

Week Eight +15.4 lbs

Net result: +10.6 lbs

We'll give you an A for effort. Actually, make that a B. :spin:

I see a trend here:

Week Five .5 lbs

Week Six +2.2lbs

Week Seven +5.3lbs

Week Eight +15.4 lbs

Net result: +10.6 lbs

We'll give you an A for effort. Actually, make that a B. :spin:

I just lost 13 pounds during a time that typically causes people to gain weight. It's 12 degrees out. But I am out there running. Want to see who can run further in July? How about a body fat percentage competition. Huh mudslide?

:box:

I am always up for a good challenge. :comb:

well today was a rest day for me...and i felt guilty aabout it... but people say you should rest once or twice a week.

did eat some chocolate today :o sigh...

it is always a struggle....

Tomorrow I'm definitely getting back to the gym! It's been two weeks and I need to start all over. :( That's OK since I didn't really start at all with only two workouts before I got sick. So, I'm just filling my ipod with the best club music I can find and making sure there are no lame excuses I can use tomorrow when I get home from work. Ohhh, I DO have the best excuses.

Wish me luck.... again....

Want to see who can run further in July? How about a body fat percentage competition. Huh mudslide?

I am always up for a good challenge. :comb:

Bring it on!! Be happy that you're losing weight, but don't step into the lions den. Getting crushed in a race with me would do serious irreperable harm to your psyche and would undo all of the progress that you have made so far. :Nuts:

Bring it on!! Be happy that you're losing weight, but don't step into the lions den. Getting crushed in a race with me would do serious irreperable harm to your psyche and would undo all of the progress that you have made so far. :Nuts:

be warmed max. As indicated by the use of the smileys, the guy just doesn't fight fair.

You are a worthy foe. Can we start off with something a little more basic? Maybe a jello wrestling match? I will get the Brazillian wax you raved about last time.

:fighting0050:

Tomorrow I'm definitely getting back to the gym! It's been two weeks and I need to start all over. :( That's OK since I didn't really start at all with only two workouts before I got sick. So, I'm just filling my ipod with the best club music I can find and making sure there are no lame excuses I can use tomorrow when I get home from work. Ohhh, I DO have the best excuses.

Wish me luck.... again....

how did it go, mrs.T? i got on the treadmill for 50 mins...but i have been eating badly today and it is only 1:30... i find myself more hungry since i havve been working out...

arg..... how many carrots can i eat!!??? :blowup:

V,

I am worried about your protein intake. Just be careful. Too much peanut butter can be bad for you.

especially if it is peter pan! :shock: watch out for men in tight green leotards who can say "hey baby, wanna fly with me?"

You are a worthy foe. Can we start off with something a little more basic? Maybe a jello wrestling match? I will get the Brazillian wax you raved about last time.

:fighting0050:

On second thoughts, the race sounds like a good idea. If I was all that stood between you and a tub full of jello, I'm afraid that I could get seriously hurt.

OK..I am back on with the team and I am officially on the wagon..I woke up at 5AM to go to the gym this morning..hammered my shoulders and abba dabba's,then I did 40 minutes on the elliptical machine...I feel great..also..no beer for me until March 17th:1cry: ..I am on my strict Vodka and club soda with fresh lime diet until memorial day weekend..I am decreasing my carb/calorie intake big time over the next 2 weeks,and will kick start my metabolic rate by doing cardio every day(at least I will try every day)for the foreseeable future.

Stay tuned for updates.:box:

how did it go, mrs.T? i got on the treadmill for 50 mins...but i have been eating badly today and it is only 1:30... i find myself more hungry since i havve been working out...

Actually, I didn't make it to the gym yesterday... worked 'till 7pm and was too tired. Told ya I'd have an excuse! The Mr. and I will be going tonight though. We'll head to the ellipticals and after that kills me maybe the treadmill to cool down. Had a small dinner, but think I need to really change up my eating habits. And obviously get to the gym more then once a week. :rolleyes:

Thought this might help those of us struggling to stay on track! :box:

From Paige Waehner Personal Trainer - About.com

It isn't easy staying motivated to exercise, especially if you're a beginner. In fact, most veteran exercisers would probably agree--some days they got it, some days they don't. If you're trying to lose weight and make exercise a habit, you may be surprised to learn that there's not much difference between you and people who exercise regularly. There's no magic pill that brings discipline and motivation to your workouts. So what do they have that you don't have? It's all in the way you think.

The Doldrums

With many of my personal training clients, I've noticed some fairly regular trends: After about 6 to 12 weeks, the doldrums set in and that's when many of them quit. While this is not a very scientific study, my experience tells me that something happens after that initial excitement of starting an exercise program.

First, the enthusiasm fades. Second, most clients haven't seen significant results yet. The combination is devastating and, many times, this is the moment many people give up. What's so frustrating is that many people quit just when they're on the verge of success...at both making exercise a habit and seeing fat loss. Below are some of the mistakes that contribute to failure to exercise:

• Focusing on the scale. Weight loss isn't going to happen right away. For some folks, it takes months to see significant changes. When starting a program, it's best to set measurable goals like getting a certain number of workouts in each week or lifting a certain amount of weight.
  • Working too hard. Newbies sometimes go at their new workout programs like veteran exercisers. Starting easy and working your way up to more frequent exercise makes your workouts more enjoyable and gives your body time to adjust to exercise.
  • Not working hard enough. On the other hand, some people don't take their intensity high enough to promote weight loss results. Learn the right way to Monitor Your Intensity
  • Comparing yourself to others. If your friend is losing weight faster than you are, it doesn't mean something is wrong with you. We all lose fat at different rates. Try to keep the focus on the gains you're making, not someone else's.
  • Giving up too soon. If you're not seeing results yet, giving up is the last thing you should do. If you've been working out consistently, you may be well on your way to weight loss. Whether you've seen results or not, you ARE getting something out of exercising regularly. Think better sleep, more energy, better quality of life...is any of this sinking in?

Aside from these issues, there are a few other things that stand in the way of you and success. As I mentioned above, the only real difference between a veteran exerciser and a struggling exerciser often lies in how they think. Check out below to see how a successful exerciser gets past exercise obstacles and how a quitter usually handles things.

What You're Thinking vs. Successful Thinking!

I don't want to workout today vs. I'll just do a warm up. If I still don't want to exercise, I'll stop.

This workout is boring vs. Maybe I'll try a new activity--like that spinning class.

I'm too stressed out to exercise vs. I'll feel more relaxed if I get in a quick workout.

I missed my last few workouts, why bother? vs. I've gotten off track, but I'm ready to get started again. I'll be back to where I was in no time.

I haven't lost a single pound vs. If I quit now, I'll never see long-term results.

I don't have time vs. I'll do what I can until things slow down. Something is always better than nothing.

Thought this might help those of us struggling to stay on track! :box:

What You're Thinking vs. Successful Thinking!

I don't want to workout today vs. I'll just do a warm up. If I still don't want to exercise, I'll stop.

This workout is boring vs. Maybe I'll try a new activity--like that spinning class.

I'm too stressed out to exercise vs. I'll feel more relaxed if I get in a quick workout.

I missed my last few workouts, why bother? vs. I've gotten off track, but I'm ready to get started again. I'll be back to where I was in no time.

I haven't lost a single pound vs. If I quit now, I'll never see long-term results.

I don't have time vs. I'll do what I can until things slow down. Something is always better than nothing.

I like these Mrs Tabor!!!!! Thanks:)

I don't know how many of you Fit Club members are devoutly religious but now being Lent is a good time as any to give up something that may help you lose weight. I mean it's a decent option for some. If you stick to it for the duration then it will be very beneficial. And if you don't you're going to Hell.

Archived