53 Man Roster

Green Jets & Ham

I know, its ridiculous to attempt such a thing before the first mini-camp, but what the heck, its the off-season and we have nothing but time to kill

QB

01. Chad Pennington

02. Jay Fiedler

03. Brooks Bollinger

RB/FB

04. Curtis Martin

05. Derrick Blaylock

06. Cedric Houston {KR}

07. Jerald Sowell

08. BJ Askew

WR

09. Laveranues Coles

10. Justin McCareins

11. Jerricho Cotchery

12. Harry Williams {RM}

13. Wayne Chrebet or Jonathan Carter {Chrebet wins the battle for the final spot if he stays healthy}

TE

14. Doug Jolley

15. Chris Baker

16. Joel Dreessen {LS}

OT

17. Jason Fabini

18. Adrian Jones

19. Marco Cavka

OT/OG

20. Mike King {Coveted UDFA who had to be given a one year guarantee to secure his services}

OG

21. Pete Kendall

22. Brandon Moore

23. Dave Yavanovits or Jason Neyrs {battle for the final spot}

C

24. Kevin Mawae

C/OG

25. Jonathan Goodwin

DE

26. John Abraham

27. Shaun Ellis

28. Bryan Thomas

29. Trevor Johnson

DT

30. DeWayne Robertson

31. Sione Pouha {Aka: The Grand Poobah} 8)

32. Alan Harper

33. Tim McGill {330 Pound NT makes it off the practice squad}

DT/DE

34. Lance Legree

LB

35. Jon Vilma

36. Eric Barton

37. Mark Brown

38. Victor Hobson

39. Barry Gardner

40. Darrell McClover

41. Mondoe Davis {UDFA who is 232 and runs in the 4.5's}, Kenyatta Wright and Ryan Myers {battle for the final spot}

DB

42. Ty Law :D

43. David Barrett

44. Justin Miller {RM}

45. Derrick Strait

46. Erik Coleman

47. Jon McGraw

48. Kerry Rhodes

49. Andre Maddox

50/51. Ray Mickins, Rashad Washington and Oliver Celestin {battle for the final TWO spots}

PK/P

52. Mike Nugent

53. Ben Graham or Micah Knorr {two punters battle it out, but I'm pulling for the Aussie Cannon}

Ham...as always very well thought out. I won't argue specifics because it is early.

But one thing I LOVE about this team is how certain players have moved down on the depth chart.

Chrebet was the # 3 guy last year, you have him battling for the final WR spot.

Mickens was the Nickel back last year, you have him battling for the final spot.

Baker was talked about as being a starter last year, I think he will clearly be the # 2 guy this year.

Even having a backup QB like Fiedler will help.

I think this team is much deeper. That is a good thing.

Good job as usual Ham

In looking at the breakdown the one area in my mind that sticks out is the offensive line-it is thin in quality depth and Jones has to be considered a question mark until he can prove himself-still looking at June 1 cuts to fortify that area by Bradway.

Personally, while I appreciate the effort and agree with 90% of those projections: i believe the following to be true

-if Harper and Reed BOTH aren't on the 53 man it will only be due to the excellent play of Tim McGill (who still has PS eligability). This team will carry 5DT not 4 this year because Fergie took most of the snaps last year and a rookie with 18% body fat Pouha can only be counted on for 15-25 snaps per game - he needs to increase stamina.

-Cedric Houston, while a good player, might not make this team right away. His thyroid scares teams that might be enough to stow him away on the PS without risk.

-Joel Dressen as LS - Sorry Ham but Terry didn't draft a kicker first overall and import a kicking prospect from Austrailia just to replace the teams LS with a rookie. Dressen will have to be DRUM TIGHT for this to happen. I mean more than Competant, he has to be CASH MONEY. Dearth has the reputation as one of the most reliable LS in the league, if Dressen (even though more versatile) is legitimately better at snapping than Dearth i will be VERY surprised. The team could carry 4TE.

-Harry Williams will have to move mountains to make this team. Serious long shot.

Archived