Super Bowl III DVD??

GLH222

On 1/11/2008 at 12:29 PM, shawn306 said:

Well it looks like the NFL finally got the message.

51s%2Bb2GgI3L._SS260_.jpg

The original broadcast of the 1980 NFC Championship

51ICLalhOiL._AA240_.jpg

Cleveland Browns

It looks like they also have the 1992 Oilers-Bills playoff game out there and a set commemerating the 1985 Bears.

Now if they could just find those missing minutes of Super Bowl III

I just ordered a DVD of the "Rams Super Bowl walkthrough practice from 2001".

Got it off eBay from some guy outside Boston named Gil Melichick for $29.99.

On 1/30/2007 at 3:25 PM, GLH222 said:

I have been scowering the internet for two days now, ebay, CL, you name it...trying to find someone selling a converted DVD of Super Bowl III. No luck. I find it hard to believe that in this day and age there is no way to find a copy of this game out there somewhere. Does anyone anyone know of where/how I could go about finding a copy??

I have the Daily News LP of the game. Maybe ask @SAR I, he might have a DVD of it laying around, but you may not want to agree to his terms.

42 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

I have the Daily News LP of the game. Maybe ask @SAR I, he might have a DVD of it laying around, but you may not want to agree to his terms.

Ha ha ha. Good memory.

I have a terrific first generation DVD copy with all the original pregame, postgame, and commercials (can’t find those streaming anywhere). But it’s a PITA to make a copy and ship it to some stranger so I won’t do it. 

SAR I

On 1/30/2007 at 3:41 PM, RSJ said:

I thought that there were no copies of Super Bowl III in its entirety in existence?

I have a full length copy of the MNF game in 1986 when Namath's number was retired.

Te game was broadcast on both networks.  There is a version where they used the parts from the two different network broadcasts to produce the complete game.  They've shown this version on TV

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Te game was broadcast on both networks.  There is a version where they used the parts from the two different network broadcasts to produce the complete game.  They've shown this version on TV

Are you sure about that? I think SB III was only broadcast on NBC.  SB I was on both NBC and CBS

Archived