Yankees fans = Pompous

Gainzo

That sums it up in my book.

Lots of threads started by Yankees fans stating that they are the best.

The Yankees are the best collection of AL East winners that money can buy.

It's too bad they haven't won the ultimate prize since 2000.

Personally I think that word perfectly sums up any fan who makes those types of generalizations. I think that the objective/realisitic fans of all teams on this site bring something to the table and make it a better place. There are those who are total homers who are not capable of having an adult converstion (that's what ignore is for) but I find several Yankee and Met fans on this forum capable of quality chatter. Sox fans? Not so many on this forum, but I do know a few personally who aren't living a fantasy world where having won 4 rings in ten years isn't nullified by a few years drought. JMO of course and we're all entitled.

Perfect word choice. Pompous. I like that.

Here is the definition of pompous from the thefreedictionary.com

1. Characterized by excessive self-esteem or exaggerated dignity; pretentious: pompous officials who enjoy giving orders.

2. Full of high-sounding phrases; bombastic: a pompous proclamation.

3. Chracterized by pomp or stately display; ceremonious: a pompous occasion.

I wish I wasn't this way. Hopefully the Yankees can go a few more years without winning a World Series and then I will know what it is like to be a fan of a normal team.

Heh Heh.

The Yankees are a very good team. True, they have not won the "big one" since 2000. But they still are a very good team, one of the best in Baseball. I guess that makes mme a pompous.

Truth hurts, heh???;)

Aren't you a Sox fan? All that money couldn't even buy them 2nd place last year and the Sox did a have a huge payroll advantage over SL in their fluke year of '04. 7 years seems like a long time but it's almost 80 years l;ess than the time btw the Sox last 2 Championships.

I wish I wasn't this way. Hopefully the Yankees can go a few more years without winning a World Series and then I will know what it is like to be a fan of a normal team.

Remember the 80's? That was a long decade, no championships then. We were just a normal team.

And the Red Sox fans should be giving Selig a reach around for instating the wild card or they would be going longer than the Cubbies without a Championship.

Got Rings?

We've got 26.

Quoting unfunny t-shirts should be a bannable offense.

You dont see me inviting george steinbrenner to perform an unnatural act with those 26 rings, 22 of which WE ALL DECIDED are tainted for a variety of reasons and therefore do not count.

They have an asterisk (*) next to them, remember?

Quoting unfunny t-shirts should be a bannable offense.

You dont see me inviting george steinbrenner to perform an unnatural act with those 26 rings, 22 of which WE ALL DECIDED are tainted for a variety of reasons and therefore do not count.

They have an asterisk (*) next to them, remember?

Is it hard to type with a d!ck in your mouth?

Seriously though,I'm not going to apologize for being a fan of a successful team. I don't start threads about how much better they are than the teams that other posters on the board root for;If the Yankees do good,I may enjoy it,or even do some gloating,but nothing mean spirited or that serious;I don't brag about championships won before I was even born (I've seen 4,I talk about 4). I don't think I'm pompous or any of that crap, and I'm sick of having to defend myself because of the more annoying Yankee fans out there,even though every successful team has those types of people following them (I.E the ones who are pompous and act like they actually had a hand in winning anything)

Sorry,babbling rant over. Resume your bashing of Yankee fans.

Define Irony: A Patriots fan starting a thread calling out Yankee fans as pompous.

Seriously though,I'm not going to apologize for being a fan of a successful team. I don't start threads about how much better they are than the teams that other posters on the board root for;If the Yankees do good,I may enjoy it,or even do some gloating,but nothing mean spirited or that serious;I don't brag about championships won before I was even born (I've seen 4,I talk about 4). I don't think I'm pompous or any of that crap, and I'm sick of having to defend myself because of the more annoying Yankee fans out there,even though every successful team has those types of people following them (I.E the ones who are pompous and act like they actually had a hand in winning anything)

Alternate definition of Irony: Generalizing pats fans then one minute later complaining about unfair generalizations

:dohslap:

That sums up exactly why I started this thread.

I don't start Pats>Jets>Bills threads or anything of the sort. I hate when some of my fellow Pats fans do start threads like that.

I was just getting sick of seeing threads praising how great the Yankees are before the season has even started.

That sums up exactly why I started this thread.

I don't start Pats>Jets>Bills threads or anything of the sort. I hate when some of my fellow Pats fans do start threads like that.

I was just getting sick of seeing threads praising how great the Yankees are before the season has even started.

Don't worry,before you know it,the Yankees will lose a bunch of spring training games and the same folks talking about how great the yankees are right now will be ripping them to shreds. After all,they are Jet fans too ;)

Don't worry,before you know it,the Yankees will lose a bunch of spring training games and the same folks talking about how great the yankees are right now will be ripping them to shreds. After all,they are Jet fans too ;)

Too true. Max is the definition of a Jets/Yankees fan.

He is self-defacing and downright humble during football season but once we get into January he turns into a loud-mouthed obnoxious Yankees homer*

*No offence intended Max!

This coming from a Pats fan. ROTFLMAO

There are NO more pompous fans then Gaytriot fans. NONE. At least the yankees are a classy orgnization...

There are NO more pompous fans then Gaytriot fans. NONE. At least the yankees are a classy orgnization...

If that makes you sleep better at night all the world to you.

I really like how you called us "Gayriot" fans. That is classy.

I hate to say it, but yankee fans are a lot more pompous than patriot fans. Patriot fans are by far the most pompous of all the nfl fans right now, but they've only been pompous for the past 6 years. And they've won 3 out of the 6 championships over that time (50%). The yankee fans have been pompous for over a decade now and even though they've won 4 of 11 championships over that time (.36%) they're even more pompous than the pats fans, and they haven't even won any in the last 6 years.

I hate to say it, but yankee fans are a lot more pompous than patriot fans. Patriot fans are by far the most pompous of all the nfl fans right now, but they've only been pompous for the past 6 years. And they've won 3 out of the 6 championships over that time (50%). The yankee fans have been pompous for over a decade now and even though they've won 4 of 11 championships over that time (.36%) they're even more pompous than the pats fans, and they haven't even won any in the last 6 years.

Sharrow,

I like your posts. A lot. And I just want to say thank you.

That means a lot to me. It feels good to be better than the Patriots at something!

Leave it to the Yankees to get the job done! :P

Archived