I'd almost draft a guard in rd 1

TNJet

If Justin Blalock falls to us at 25 I say draft him.He could be a great replacement for Moore who isnt the best run blocker in the world.Blalock however is a road grader and would just make our already young and promising oline even more dominating.Ben Grubbs of Auburn is also a great guard expected to go high.Thoughts?

the question is Blalock a GREAT guard like faneca or hutchinson

i think he could be... workouts will decide...

as a general rule you don't draft guards - you draft tackles and if they don't work out make em guards - if a guard doesn't work out there's no place for them to go except the unemployment line.

the question is Blalock a GREAT guard like faneca or hutchinson

i think he could be... workouts will decide...

as a general rule you don't draft guards - you draft tackles and if they don't work out make em guards - if a guard doesn't work out there's no place for them to go except the unemployment line.

i doubt that he will improve so much by the time combine comes around that he will be a first rounder. you only draft franchise players in the first round not prospects. you want to take the sure thing.

i doubt that he will improve so much by the time combine comes around that he will be a first rounder. you only draft franchise players in the first round not prospects. you want to take the sure thing.

this is the NFL draft, there is no such player who is "a sure thing"

this is the NFL draft, there is no such player who is "a sure thing"

SO true...

Even in the NBA where people chalk up the 03' Draft as being great... there was flaws in guys that you would think should be AT LEAST starters out of the 1st round...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NBA_Draft

You hope for the best and we got damn lucky with Mangold... lets hope it happens again!

SO true...

Even in the NBA where people chalk up the 03' Draft as being great... there was flaws in guys that you would think should be AT LEAST starters out of the 1st round...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NBA_Draft

You hope for the best and we got damn lucky with Mangold... lets hope it happens again!

ok ecrub, i expect a rebuttle.

We did not get lucky with Mangold. He played on one of the best lines in college football, he played guard as a soph on a nationally ranked team, and moved to center. he's exeremly intelligent, and took the place of LeCharles Bently without much notice being paid. To me that's a guy that will cut it, not to mention everyone had him listed as the best center in the draft. I can't believe he fell to us at 29.

ok ecrub, i expect a rebuttle.

We did not get lucky with Mangold. He played on one of the best lines in college football, he played guard as a soph on a nationally ranked team, and moved to center. he's exeremly intelligent, and took the place of LeCharles Bently without much notice being paid. To me that's a guy that will cut it, not to mention everyone had him listed as the best center in the draft. I can't believe he fell to us at 29.

He never played at the NFL level, who knows maybe he comes in and cant figure Shottys system out...

I know he was a solid pick, and not a huge risk... but anytime you take a player in the draft you are lucky to some degree that they turn out well... considering what Mangold did this year (made us all forget we had a pro-bowl center before him) Id say we got lucky.

He never played at the NFL level, who knows maybe he comes in and cant figure Shottys system out...

I know he was a solid pick, and not a huge risk... but anytime you take a player in the draft you are lucky to some degree that they turn out well... considering what Mangold did this year (made us all forget we had a pro-bowl center before him) Id say we got lucky.

I'll say we got lucky to be able to replace Mawae with out anything as much as a hick-up. I think we both agree that we expected him to play well, and weren't suprised when he did, but yeah, as well as he played, that was a surprise.

Believe it or not (probably not...but) right before the draft started i was talking to my friend and said "i hope to god the jets get Brick, and Mangold". I will never make another prediction again, i'm retired.

Blalock is really really good. I'll admit I havent seen much of Ben Grubbs, but I havent been all that impressed with him in the few times I saw him play, and I have heard and read alot of mixed reviews on him.

Blalock would be a wise choice, depending in what kind of shape he shows up, you just never know. But always go BAP.

Rome wasnt built in a day. BAP is the way to go. Dont fill the need, take the player you feel will most likely be the best player, its that simple.

any of the above could suffer career ending injury their first day in camp

there is no such thing as a sure thing

I don't know how you can argue that. Nothing in life is 100% certain, why would it be different for the NFL? Chances are the top picks will be good, but there's no definites in the world we live in.

If Justin Blalock falls to us at 25 I say draft him.He could be a great replacement for Moore who isnt the best run blocker in the world.Blalock however is a road grader and would just make our already young and promising oline even more dominating.Ben Grubbs of Auburn is also a great guard expected to go high.Thoughts?

What are the top 5 paying postions in the NFL?

I'd say you would want your best players on the team to be in the Bottom 10.

any of the above could suffer career ending injury their first day in camp

there is no such thing as a sure thing

well so what that doesnt mean anything. anybody can get injured even allpros so that means they will never play again and there career is over. think before you post man. that made no sense. its football not tennis

Archived