The Mets Starting Rotation

Maxman

It's not black and white dude. I didn't want to keep johnson IF the yankees were able to get value for him. I'm against the trade they made.

But if the yankees were better off with Johnson, why wouldn't they be better off with Clemens? Whats another $4 or $5 million when you're already spending so much?

But if the yankees were better off with Johnson, why wouldn't they be better off with Clemens? Whats another $4 or $5 million when you're already spending so much?
Because the days of throwing money down the drain are over. They have already cut about 60 million off the payroll and they aren't going to throw money away.

It's not black and white dude. I didn't want to keep johnson IF the yankees were able to get value for him. I'm against the trade they made.

You have to make that Johnson trade, we got some prospects, and dumped the idiots salary. Though I would have loved him to stay, and watch him pick up his 300th win with a Yankees crowd booing him.

You have to make that Johnson trade, we got some prospects, and dumped the idiots salary. Though I would have loved him to stay, and watch him pick up his 300th win with a Yankees crowd booing him.
I've had this argument but he wasn't as bad as his ERA would have you believe.

Just my 2 cents... Trachsels no longer here so thats a big plus. Glavine is Glavine can probably pencil in 15-17 wins. El Duque's decent even though I feel he's a yankee and does not belong here. I'm a big John Maine fan even concidering having a Maine jersey made when you out duel a complete pitcher such as Carpenter in a win or go home type game you have the guts for this city. Perez has no minor leauge option from what I know he has potential but there has to be a reason why the Pirates would trade him for a draft bust such Nady.

The rest gives me a reason to watch spring training real close cause theres a few guys that I need to see more of Pelfrey, Humber, Vargas. Call me crazy but I want to see Solar yes he was brutal against the rival Yankees but Pelfrey and Humber can use to atleast June in my eyes to get in the flow all we need is a 5-5 from Solar and he's done his job as far as i'm concerned. By the way Alou great signing i'm pretty pumped to have a Cliff Floyd type talent that actually plays more often then not and is a righty bat.

That is not going to change though. In 2007 Little League baseball will introduce pitch counts starting with 10 year olds.

So now they will have adults vehemently arguing over whose pitch count is correct?

I wonder if coaches will tell kids not to swing at the first pitch anymore so the opposing starter's pitch count goes up.

So now they will have adults vehemently arguing over whose pitch count is correct?

I wonder if coaches will tell kids not to swing at the first pitch anymore so the opposing starter's pitch count goes up.

Well yes, there are going to be problems. Pitch count will have to be checked every inning. Basically it is just another example of policing against stupidity.

Because some coaches will pitch a kid 6 innings in April and let him throw 130 pitches they had to do this. It is a shame because common sense works much better.

I've had this argument but he wasn't as bad as his ERA would have you believe.

He was worse than his ERA. Much worse. He was basically terrible in 2 of every 3 starts in 2006. Don't quote me numbers, or sabermetrics. Watch with your eyes.

He was worse than his ERA. Much worse. He was basically terrible in 2 of every 3 starts in 2006. Don't quote me numbers, or sabermetrics. Watch with your eyes.

What stat are you using to say he was worse then his ERA? Obviously you're using nothing more then your subjective opinion. I prefer to rely on facts but thats just me...

What stat are you using to say he was worse then his ERA? Obviously you're using nothing more then your subjective opinion. I prefer to rely on facts but thats just me...

Facts, like line drive after line drive.

Facts, like the inability to get his slider in to righties, or even lefties at times.

Facts, like his fastball slowing down to 91-93 for most of the season, and lacking any real movement.

Yep. Very subjective. But that's just me.

Anyway, this is the last time I shall comment on this. IMO, Randy was horrible in 2006, and we got a nice group of kids for him, and cut 14 million off the payroll ( we gave 2 million, so that does not count). AirForce and I had this out with you a few weeks ago, and I do not wish to enter into this foolish debate again.

Facts, like line drive after line drive.

Facts, like the inability to get his slider in to righties, or even lefties at times.

Facts, like his fastball slowing down to 91-93 for most of the season, and lacking any real movement.

Yep. Very subjective. But that's just me.

Anyway, this is the last time I shall comment on this. IMO, Randy was horrible in 2006, and we got a nice group of kids for him, and cut 14 million off the payroll ( we gave 2 million, so that does not count). AirForce and I had this out with you a few weeks ago, and I do not wish to enter into this foolish debate again.

None of those statements are facts. Do you have a stat that tells me how many or how hard line drives he gave up? Do you have every radar gun reading for the year to prove that he's lost his fastball? Do you have any facts on how much his slider broke?

Thats what i thought.

None of those statements are facts. Do you have a stat that tells me how many or how hard line drives he gave up? Do you have every radar gun reading for the year to prove that he's lost his fastball? Do you have any facts on how much his slider broke?

Thats what i thought.

wow. Its called "seeing is believing". Randy blew last year, there's no other way to put it.

Archived