I see a lot of draft sites

SickJetFan

having Jets pick Jarvis Moss?

doesnt sound like a big need to me since he only weigh 255 and we just signed B.Thomas long term and Hobson playing extremely well. Where would he play or are these drafts sites just a waste? or am I missing something?

The plan is to oust Barton, and move Hobson to the inside where he is better suited.

I dont think Hobson or Vilma are moving anywhere and although I do think we could use someone behind Barton as future starter I do not think it is the biggest need

There are just SOOOOO many draft sites out there. Some I've found post the mock drafts of every Tom , Dick and Harry. I can't say I've seen any of them yet having the Jets take Jarvis Moss however. But the season (draft) is young.

Hobson and Thomas were the most consistant defenders all year

i don't understand the need to replace them

also im not sure that Moss, who didn't graduate is the type of player Mangini wants to use his first round draft choice on

If we can sign ADALIUS THOMAS, our passrush woes will be gone! BT and AT in our 3-4 would be devastating!

Once again, Adalius Thomas is 30 years old.

Victor Hobson and Bryan Thomas were two of the better players on defense last year and certainly the two best linebackers. There is no need to replace a guy whose what? 27? Who just notched up 100 tackles & 6 sacks. Yeah... riiiight. So since Vilma did good in a 4-3 it's okay if he has an off year in the 3-4 but it's not okay for Hobson to be 10x more effective in the 3-4? Strange.

Simple philosophy-any area of your team that you have a chance to upgrade you do it. Thomas had a nice year but is he the dominant player that is irreplacable- goes for any other of the guys.

Agreed, fans tend to fall in love with a player (I'm no different) cause they improved a bunch. The fact of the matter is we could use a player like a Joey Porter, or a young Ted Washington. If we can grab a player like that i don't care if the Jets have to bench Rhodes, as long as we get more production.

Once again, Adalius Thomas is 30 years old.

Victor Hobson and Bryan Thomas were two of the better players on defense last year and certainly the two best linebackers. There is no need to replace a guy whose what? 27? Who just notched up 100 tackles & 6 sacks. Yeah... riiiight. So since Vilma did good in a 4-3 it's okay if he has an off year in the 3-4 but it's not okay for Hobson to be 10x more effective in the 3-4? Strange.

FWIW, look at Hobson and how he plays the run when teams run at him. He's awful.

He's too small to be an OLB, once tackles get in his way, he doesnt beat them. They get their size on him and he is d o n e.

Even Tight Ends put a whooping on him. Did nobody else notice the pats TEs making Hobson look like a girl scout in the playoff game?

We need a 6'4 260+ OLB like we have with Thomas. Hobson is 6ft nothing and 240lbs, with no moves in the pass rush game.

Barton isnt much of a player in the 3-4 either, I'd like to see him replaced with an ILB that is bigger and can take on guards better. Barton is decent, not a long term answer.

The only times that Hobson got sacks was when he went unblocked, complete missed assignments by the TE or Oline. Many times he could have had a sack if he had the size or strength to beat his blocker, or the speed to get to the QB before he threw it.

Thomas on the other hand had something like 9 sacks, and often beat his blockers to do it, and on run plays he was on a different planet than Hobson.