The Official Super Bowl Thread

Maxman

I was going to let you. But then I decided that having people post in it was more important.

hahahaha!!!

I am a chat killer, not a thread killer... ;)

My game threads are always a hit... not as much as the Chad threads of 06' but still a hit.

Colts win!

Prince was the worst halftime show ever

I might agree. But the music industry is so fragmented that it's ahrd to find anya rtist who appeals to a broad market.

WOuld've liked Police/VH combo reunion. Old 40 white guys every where would've been singing"Roxanne" and playing air guitar to "Eruption". Too freaking late!

I might agree. But the music industry is so fragmented that it's ahrd to find anya rtist who appeals to a broad market.

WOuld've liked Police/VH combo reunion. Old 40 white guys every where would've been singing"Roxanne" and playing air guitar to "Eruption". Too freaking late!

LOL

They just needed something a little more "tough" for a football game... I know not just guys watch but c'mon....

This was just as bad as Michael Jackson singing "heal the world" at the superbowl...

I want to hear some loud pump you up music...not that crap...

Colts win!

Prince was the worst halftime show ever

You're kidding right? That was probably the best halftime show ever, Prince rocked last night.

Sorry, just not a big fan of the geritol Stones looking like death or McCartney who truly sucked.

You're kidding right? That was probably the best halftime show ever, Prince rocked last night.

Sorry, just not a big fan of the geritol Stones looking like death or McCartney who truly sucked.

I prefer not to have fruitcake with my football... :roll::)

I prefer not to have fruitcake with my football... :roll::)

Pretty sure Prince is married and has historically been swarmed by the ladies (I know, he's like 4'9" but it's true!). His guitar skills SHINED, Purple Rain is a f@cking classic (especially when played in the rain) and overall a great performance. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I have never been a Prince fan but I thought he was really good last night.

With the Super Bowl they aren't going to be playing to the teen or "Hip-Hop" generation.

The people going to the Super Bowl now are either coporate big wigs or someone who has a connection to one.

The NFL is very conservative by nature so after the whole Janet Jackson fiasco they are going to be very careful in getting an act that "Doesn't step" on peoples toes.

Prince turned out to be a good choice in my eyes.

I have never been a Prince fan but I thought he was really good last night.

With the Super Bowl they aren't going to be playing to the teen or "Hip-Hop" generation.

The people going to the Super Bowl now are either coporate big wigs or someone who has a connection to one.

The NFL is very conservative by nature so after the whole Janet Jackson fiasco they are going to be very careful in getting an act that "Doesn't step" on peoples toes.

Prince turned out to be a good choice in my eyes.

Agrred I was pleasantly surprised by Prince and his performance- it was good -nothing outrageous.

It drives me nuts every year when they let the swarm run up to the stage and jump up and down like a bunch of pogo sticks. It's so staged that it is sickening. Also, I guess having a couple of hits in the 80's now qualifies someone for the half time show. Who will we have next year, the Bay City Rollers?

Agrred I was pleasantly surprised by Prince and his performance- it was good -nothing outrageous.

yeah me too faba. It was a pleasant surprise & purple rain turned out to be the right song for the occasion. I don't care what bob says, it wasn't all that bad.

kind regards,yer pal joe

Also, I guess having a couple of hits in the 80's now qualifies someone for the half time show. Who will we have next year, the Bay City Rollers?

I guess if "a couple hits in the 80s" was enough to get him into the rock and roll hall of fame, then its enough to qualify him to play the superbowl halftime show. :rolleyes:

It was what it should be, one of the greatest artists of all time playing some of the greatest songs all time, imo.

Archived