Pouha "Nose" he'll help the Jets

Green Jets & Ham

NY POST

jetslede05012005.jpg

POUHA 'NOSE' HE'LL HELP JETS

By STEVE SERBY

Sione Pouha wears a size 52 or 54 sports jacket. His neck size is 21. He is 6-foot-3, 320 pounds.

The Jets had themselves a big hole in the middle of their defense when Jason Ferguson left for the Cowboys. So they drafted a big man to fill it.

"They're gonna see a hard-nosed player, 'cause that's the position I play; I play nose tackle," Pouha said at Jets' minicamp

"You gotta be rough to be in the trenches. I gotta keep guys off [Jonathan] Vilma and all those kind of things. I'm not no white-collar kinda guy. I might appear like that, my persona and stuff like that, but when I get on the football field, it's a different kinda guy up there."

What kinda guy?

"Just a blue-collar, nose-tackle kinda guy," Pouha said. "You can't be a finesse guy when you're in there. You gotta be fast, you gotta be quick, you gotta be mean and green. They don't call it The Pit for nothing."

Pouha has quickly made a big impression.

Shaun Ellis: "I like him

Starting DLine:

DE - John Abraham

DT - Sione Pouha

DT - Dewayne Robertson

DE - Shaun Ellis

I really like this line and I think it could be even better then the one we had with Ferguson. Pouha is a bigger player and could be better against the run as well.

Archived