PSA

PFSIKH

Have you seen him pitch?

I have. In Trenton, last year. I also met up with him in the stands one game, when he and Ty Clippard were charting pitches. He is a nice fellow, and really down-to earth.

Oh yeah, his pitching, when seen in person, is better then the media reports we have read on him. So far, he is the real deal.

Yankees Rotation > Boston Rotation. Not to mention the laughable Bullpen disparity.

Says who?

Even if I give you that, outside of Wang, you have no reliable starter to get you 22-25 wins. Moose and Andy are nice, but this is not 1998. It is 2007 and they have seen better days.

Says who?

Even if I give you that, outside of Wang, you have no reliable starter to get you 22-25 wins. Moose and Andy are nice, but this is not 1998. It is 2007 and they have seen better days.

22-25 wins? what are you talking about? no pitcher in the majors won 20 games last year. judging pitchers on wins is moronic anyway.

Says who?

Who do the red sox have outside of.......oh wait, they dont have any reliable starters to get 22-25 wins.

Well, Schilling is still very good, but he regressed last year. The rest of that rotation consists of unknowns (Mats, Lester) and question marks (Beckett). And the knuckleballer of course.

Yankees have a better PROVEN 1-2-3, but I think the sox have a bigger upside in their 1-2-3 if they all pan out (Matz, Beckett).

It should be a dog fight, but I do expect the Yankees to get Clemens midway thru the year.

Who do the red sox have outside of.......oh wait, they dont have any reliable starters to get 22-25 wins.

Well, Schilling is still very good, but he regressed last year. The rest of that rotation consists of unknowns (Mats, Lester) and question marks (Beckett). And the knuckleballer of course.

Yankees have a better PROVEN 1-2-3, but I think the sox have a bigger upside in their 1-2-3 if they all pan out (Matz, Beckett).

It should be a dog fight, but I do expect the Yankees to get Clemens midway thru the year.

I'll let Tim Krukjian answer this drivel.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove06/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=2760117

Oh, and you had better get all the baseball posts in while you still can Barton. Opening day is right around the corner.

I'll let Tim Krukjian answer this drivel.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove06/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=2760117

Oh, and you had better get all the baseball posts in while you still can Barton. Opening day is right around the corner.

Even that article is all about potential. Thats what boston fans seem to base their team in most years. They HOPE that they will get every piece to fall into place for them but i have a news flash for you... That happens about once every 86 years. The boston rotation is FILLED with question marks and it's WORSE on paper then the yankee rotation.

Actually, Schilling bounced back after his crappy 2005 year.

The topic is not the Red Sox rotation. It is the Yankee rotation and the possibility of "110+" wins.

I see the Sox rotation and see 5 guys (4 definites Schil, Beckett, Dice-K and Wake that are good for 10-15 and maybe Papelborn). I look at the Yankees and outside of Wang, there are no pitchers I would peg for more then 15 wins. Moose? No, he started fast and finished slow. Pettite? He started slow in a clearly inferior league and finshed fast. Igawa? Pavano? Karstens?

The Yankees could win 100, but it will not be because the rotation is that great. They still have the bats to overcome crappy pitching on most nights.

The topic is not the Red Sox rotation. It is the Yankee rotation and the possibility of "110+" wins.

I see the Sox rotation and see 5 guys (4 definites Schil, Beckett, Dice-K and Wake that are good for 10-15 and maybe Papelborn). I look at the Yankees and outside of Wang, there are no pitchers I would peg for more then 15 wins. Moose? No, he started fast and finished slow. Pettite? He started slow in a clearly inferior league and finshed fast. Igawa? Pavano? Karstens?

The Yankees could win 100, but it will not be because the rotation is that great. They still have the bats to overcome crappy pitching on most nights.

If the Yankees get 30 starts each from Moose and Petitte, they both will win 15+. No doubt about it. After watching an inferior Randy notch 17 last year, the only issue with Moose and Andy can be health, not ability.

Even in Schilling's "bounce back" year he was barely above average.

Homer.

Moose and Pettite arent locks for 15 wins but Beckett and a guy who's never pitched before are? Alot of crappy pitchers can win 15+ games on either team, just look at Randy last year with a 5 era and 17 wins.

Homer.

Moose and Pettite arent locks for 15 wins but Beckett and a guy who's never pitched before are? Alot of crappy pitchers can win 15+ games on either team, just look at Randy last year with a 5 era and 17 wins.

Point taken.

Beckett was inconsistent all year, played on Boston's worst offense this century and still won 16 games.

I am just saying......... I doubt Moose and Petite a lesser extent top much more then 15 wins. Moose has not done that in four seasons and Pettite did not look good until after the all star break.

Again, I am not saying the Sox rotation is the best, there are alot of question marks. However, there are just as many on the Yankees outside of Wang.

Even that article is all about potential. Thats what boston fans seem to base their team in most years. They HOPE that they will get every piece to fall into place for them but i have a news flash for you... That happens about once every 86 years. The boston rotation is FILLED with question marks and it's WORSE on paper then the yankee rotation.

Isn't HOPE the mantra of all Jets fans?

Point taken.

Beckett was inconsistent all year, played on Boston's worst offense this century and still won 16 games.

I am just saying......... I doubt Moose and Petite a lesser extent top much more then 15 wins. Moose has not done that in four seasons and Pettite did not look good until after the all star break.

Again, I am not saying the Sox rotation is the best, there are alot of question marks. However, there are just as many on the Yankees outside of Wang.

Worst offense this century?

Check out where they finished in runs scored. Hint: start at the top, you won't have to go far.

Beckett was a beneficiary of the Bosox offensive largess as was Randy with the Yankees. Pettite was not, with Houston. I stick with my easy prediction: If Randy and Moose get to 30+ starts, they each win 15+ games.

Considering the offense the Astros have put up the last couple of years Pettitte did a remarkable job.

If Andy gives you 15-17 wins this year that is great.

There are question marks on both sides. I want to see how Dice-k handles not only the Boston media but the Japanese media as well. For all the money the Sox gave him he BETTER be the goods.

The Yanks are going to be real interesting to watch especially with the A-Rod soap opera which I think is going to come to a major boil this year. If A-Rod performs like the A-Rod of old then the Yanks should win the East pretty easily. If A-Rod is the A-Rod we have seen the past couple of years then things could get real messy.

The Yanks got rid of two cancers this off season (Johnson and Sheffield) now they have to deal with A-Rod.

Worst offense this century?

Check out where they finished in runs scored. Hint: start at the top, you won't have to go far.

Beckett was a beneficiary of the Bosox offensive largess as was Randy with the Yankees. Pettite was not, with Houston. I stick with my easy prediction: If Randy and Moose get to 30+ starts, they each win 15+ games.

mbn that was largely toungue and cheek. It was the first time in like 4 years they failed to score 900.

Even in Schilling's "bounce back" year he was barely above average.

5th in Ks.

14th in Innings Pitched.

14th in Wins.

13th in ERA.

That is little better then average.

mbn that was largely toungue and cheek. It was the first time in like 4 years they failed to score 900.

5th in Ks.

14th in Innings Pitched.

14th in Wins.

13th in ERA.

That is little better then average.

His ERA+ was 116 and thats a better stat then any of the ones you listed. 100 is Dead center league average. Thats a little better then avg as i've said.

Schilling was the only pitcher in Boston's rotation last year to be above average in ERA+ too.

His ERA+ was 116 and thats a better stat then any of the ones you listed. 100 is Dead center league average. Thats a little better then avg as i've said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/pitching?league=mlb

Hey sunshine go check out this from last year.

He was 28th. I do not know what Sabermetric voodoo you are spewing, but 3.97 is 3.97 and it was good for 28th in all of baseball.

Archived