Manning or Brady?

gustoonarmy

Who would you choose?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would you choose?

• Manning
    • Brady
    • Neither , my reasons are.......

Brady has done this three times, Manning once. Brady can work with lesser known wideouts and produce while we have yet to see what Manning can do minus one of the best to ever play the game at WR along with another #1 playing at the #2 WR position. Mangini comes from the Patriot system so you would think there would be some similarity with the offensive schemes.

I could go on and on but comeon now, one game doesn't change it all between the two of them. Now if Peyton wins another ring next season, then we have a conversation on our hands.

Brady has done this three times, Manning once. Brady can work with lesser known wideouts and produce while we have yet to see what Manning can do minus one of the best to ever play the game at WR along with another #1 playing at the #2 WR position. Mangini comes from the Patriot system so you would think there would be some similarity with the offensive schemes.

I could go on and on but comeon now, one game doesn't change it all between the two of them. Now if Peyton wins another ring next season, then we have a conversation on our hands.

So I guess Manning is just equal with Trent Dilfer. And I guess Dilfer is better than Dan Marino. It's not that simple that you can just add the number of Super Bowls a quarterback has won and determine the better one.

Everyone always says that Manning has Harrison and Wayne, but how about the fact that they have had HIM? When Manning really matured into a QB in his second season, Harrison went from a 60 reception, 800 yard guy to a dominant, HOF, 100+ catches, 1100+ yard receiver. Don't say Manning has had all the talent, because it can just as easily be said that he has made the talent around him better, just as Brady has done.

So I guess Manning is just equal with Trent Dilfer. And I guess Dilfer is better than Dan Marino. It's not that simple that you can just add the number of Super Bowls a quarterback has won and determine the better one.

Everyone always says that Manning has Harrison and Wayne, but how about the fact that they have had HIM? When Manning really matured into a QB in his second season, Harrison went from a 60 reception, 800 yard guy to a dominant, HOF, 100+ catches, 1100+ yard receiver. Don't say Manning has had all the talent, because it can just as easily be said that he has made the talent around him better, just as Brady has done.

manning definitely makes harrison and wayne better but you're smoking crack rock if you think the colts' wr core hasn't been at least one cut above new england's over the past 6 years.

Brady had Belly's Defense

give manning that defense and he could have 5 SB's

and it has nothing to do with receivers with these two.

Please stop already!!!! Peyton Manning is the best QB of our time.He is better than Marino statistically,as proven by when he smashes all his "untouchable" records and he has that ring.

So basically he is Marino,with BETTER #'s and a ring(probably 2,maybe 3 when all's said and done.

Brady is finished.Nice run,3 rings,great,but Manning will be the best EVER!!!!

manning definitely makes harrison and wayne better but you're smoking crack rock if you think the colts' wr core hasn't been at least one cut above new england's over the past 6 years.

OK and who's had the better defense over the years????

Manning is NUMERO UNO.He won the super bowl with the WORST run defense in the league

reeeeeewind:

he won the superbowl with the WORST run defense in the league!!!!

come on now,guys.Give Brady the WORST run defense in the league.see how that goes.

OK and who's had the better defense over the years????

Manning is NUMERO UNO.He won the super bowl with the WORST run defense in the league

reeeeeewind:

he won the superbowl with the WORST run defense in the league!!!!

come on now,guys.Give Brady the WORST run defense in the league.see how that goes.

Apart from the New England game the Colts D was pretty decent in the Playoffs and arguably won the Ravens game as Peyton threw 2 picks and 0 TD's.

Manning threw 3 TD's and 7 INT's in his 4 Playoff games.

I can't believe anyone would say that - in terms of production on offense - Manning would still be your choice with that bunch of nobodies Brady throws to & then at the same time put Harrison & Wayne on the Patriots.

That being said, they're both all-time great QB's & I would kill to have either one on the Jets. I wouldn't be so picky as to say which one I'd rather have.

How about we look at Playoff performances from both players.

Manning: 13 games - 3495 Yards - 18 TD - 15 INT - 7 wins & 6 losses.

Brady: 14 games - 3217 Yards - 20 TD - 9 INT - 12 wins & 2 losses.

Both are great QB's but I feel that Brady has done more with the personal around him than Manning has.

Please stop already!!!! Peyton Manning is the best QB of our time.He is better than Marino statistically,as proven by when he smashes all his "untouchable" records and he has that ring.

So basically he is Marino,with BETTER #'s and a ring(probably 2,maybe 3 when all's said and done.

Brady is finished.Nice run,3 rings,great,but Manning will be the best EVER!!!!

Can we also stop with the numbers argument?

For the record I choose Brady. Go figure.

I was on this board two years ago saying it was only a matter of when Peyton would win, not if. With that being said, Peyton gets far too much credit for his numbers.

His career is built around a prolific passing offense. He should have more greater numbers then anybody. His team spends money on the offense at the expense of the defense. He plays 9 games a year indoors (including Houston). His other division games are to Florida and Tennessee. He plays during a time when the rules that govern the game favor the offense tremendously. Jesus, his GM alone is responsible for around 4 significant changes to the rules that make it illegal for a DB to have bad breath.

More importantly, why is Peyton thought of any different today? Ok, he won a title. Did the Colts win it because of Peyton or inspite of Peyton? Peyton's rating for the playoffs was 70.5. He was between Brad Johnson and Jake Plummer for the playoffs. :confused: His career playoff QB rating, which by most accepted belief was bad until he won a title, is 83.1. This year's numbers, his title winning year, brought down his career playoff rating. Sadly, he was not even the highest rated passer on his team during the playoffs. Hunter Smith threw a pass. It went for -16 yards and his rating was 79. That should any argument for people that use the QB Rating system to support their position.

Peyton is what he is. He is a talented QB, but he is not the G.O.A.T. by any argument. Peyton deserves props for winning, but he performance in the playoffs suggests that he is still the Peyton the meek in the playoffs and that the stars aligned just right for him.

Apart from the New England game the Colts D was pretty decent in the Playoffs and arguably won the Ravens game as Peyton threw 2 picks and 0 TD's.

Manning threw 3 TD's and 7 INT's in his 4 Playoff games.

and one of those TD's was to Wayne who had 20 yards in all directions without a defender. clutch play sir manning.

He is money in the regular season though.

I might have to re-nig my previous statement, i go with Brady...in big games that guy is the best since montana

I would agree with all Manning's detractors on this thread, were it not for the NE game. Rallying his team back from 18 points down and winning that game proved that he can get it done in the 'big' game.

Now granted, Brady has done it more than Manning has, but when you put their stats side by side, Manning is clearly the better QB overall.

Having said that, I'd kill to have either of them playing for my team.

I would agree with all Manning's detractors on this thread, were it not for the NE game. Rallying his team back from 18 points down and winning that game proved that he can get it done in the 'big' game.

Now granted, Brady has done it more than Manning has, but when you put their stats side by side, Manning is clearly the better QB overall.

and the truth will set you free. good post.

Yup, good job. For one season I might take Brady because he has proven he can do it with less and might have more mobility. For the long haul you'd have to take Manning. Peyton! Take the wrong Manning and you're worse off than we are now.