NFL Draft grades from GBN report-

faba

It is amazing and I am mot here to bash Bellicheck and Pioli because they have done a great job as much as some Jet fans do not want to give them any credit- but another of the draft site experts are saying the Pats picked guys higher than they thought they were worth.

but another of the draft site experts are saying the Pats picked guys higher than they thought they were worth.

Help me understand something.

What difference does it make if a player is labled as "taken too early" if he was the player the team wanted anyway?

Would Mankins have been available when the Pats made their 2nd round pick? No way. I have also read several articles that the 49ers wanted him with the 33rd pick, thus eliminating any trade-down by BB.

So if Mankins comes in and is a reliable starter for the next 5 or 6 years, was the pick worth it? You bet.

What difference does it make if a player is labled as "taken too early" if he was the player the team wanted anyway?

Would Mankins have been available when the Pats made their 2nd round pick? No way. I have also read several articles that the 49ers wanted him with the 33rd pick, thus eliminating any trade-down by BB.

So if Mankins comes in and is a reliable starter for the next 5 or 6 years, was the pick worth it? You bet.

You can find a reliable starter at GUARD in alot of places.

You can find a reliable starter at GUARD in alot of places.

Exactly.

BB has uttered those exact same words for years and then goes out and takes a Guard with a 1st-round pick? #-o

Serviceable guards can be had after the June 1st cuts.

Substitute the name Nugent for Mankins above and tell me why your same/correct analysis does not apply when you assess the Jets use of their #47 pick?

It is amazing and I am mot here to bash Bellicheck and Pioli because they have done a great job as much as some Jet fans do not want to give them any credit- but another of the draft site experts are saying the Pats picked guys higher than they thought they were worth.

I happen to think that the Pats had a crappy draft. But as someone stated before, they felt that this draft class was weak and wanted to stock up for next year. Judging by their track record, it's hard to question their picks but i'm of the belief that the dynasty is crumbling. 8)

Archived