Don't worry Yankee fans...

Jet/BosoxFan

...its only April!

Doh!!!

Seriously, 10-15? 7.5 games outta first place? They are playing .400 baseball and they are damn lucky AAA Tampa Bay is in the division or else they'd be cellar dwellars. Is anyone gonna admit that maybe, just maybe we are witnessing 1965 all over again? For those of you that are not old codgers (everyone except Bob) 1965 is where the Yankees pretty much showed their age overnight and everyone tanked at the same time!

And another thing...stop f*cking making pathetc excuses! I dont need to hear Joe Torre rationalize "Boston always plays us tough," or Arod say "I'll find my comfort level" or Jeter say "Halladay is as good as they come" or Mariano say "Those were Red Sox fans booing me"

ENOUGH WITH THE BULLSH*T!!! Nobody is buying it anymore! How about this...I just want to hear one Yankee player, coach, or fan say:

"We just suck, period! We suck like a Hoover actually! We are in desperate need of a major shakeup, bigger perhaps than Torre getting axed"

i realize you might have expllained this before but how did you get to be a JETS fan and a sawx fan?? it just seems so wrong. I am honestly curious though how that came about.

i realize you might have expllained this before but how did you get to be a JETS fan and a sawx fan?? it just seems so wrong. I am honestly curious though how that came about.

Honey, believe it or not...it is easy to be a Jets fan and Yankee hater. Its pretty much easy to be ANYTHING under the sun and Yankee hater.

I live in the People's Republic of MA, hence the lifelong affiliation with the BoSox, Celtics, and Bruins. I abandoned the Celtics during the Pitino years because they were literally unwatchable. I remained a Laker-hater though, and when Doug Christie punched Dick Fox in the jaw, I became a full-fledged Sacramento fan. (Sidenote: I had NC beating Michigan in the NCAA Finals in 1993 and won $2000 in my first ever office pool, only one bracket filled out BTW) I will forver love C-Webb!!! Since about 2002, I have been following the C's because I lived in the heart of Chowder Nation and tix were easy to score at the Fleet.

Why the Jets though? Because my father is from NYC, a lifelong Jets fan, and season ticket holder for 20 years. I really had no choice as far as that goes. I cant help but love my only accursed team of choice.

I am hoping to use my winning karma to inspire a 2005 Jets S/B run! I have to overcome all the negative a-holes like the other posters on this board though if it is to be done.

You know what...I am the biggest Yankee apologist going. But this team is not going to get it done.

They can not continue with both Tino and Giambi in the lineup. I would alternate the two of them and DH Bernie full time.

Let Crosby play CF unless they can find something better. Bernie caught a fly ball and they tagged up today, the play was not even Close. I threw up I was so sick from watching that.

Flash Gordon is not the 8th inning guy anymore. Joe needs to realize this.

Here is what my batting order would be:

1. Jeter - His OBP % is unreal this year

2. Womack

3. Sheff

4. Matsui

5. AROD

6. Posad

7. Tino\Giambi - The dreaded lefty\lefty platoon

8. Williams - As full time DH his arm is no longer an issue

9. Crosby - At least he can run a bit

With that lineup it is only Tino\Giambi and Posada that are terrible on the bases. Get back to running a little bit. Stop relying on home runs.

You know what...I am the biggest Yankee apologist going. But this team is not going to get it done.

They can not continue with both Tino and Giambi in the lineup. I would alternate the two of them and DH Bernie full time.

Let Crosby play CF unless they can find something better. Bernie caught a fly ball and they tagged up today, the play was not even Close. I threw up I was so sick from watching that.

2. Womack

3. Sheff

4. Matsui

5. AROD

6. Posad

With that lineup it is only Tino\Giambi and Posada that are terrible on the bases. Get back to running a little bit. Stop relying on home runs.

Posada in the 6 hole absolutely KILLS us.

Hes like the signal for ok, our lineup just dies right now.

whenever gordon goes out there...my heart just sinks.. i know that it is not going to be pretty. OY. He just doesnt have it.

2. Womack

3. Sheff

4. Matsui

5. AROD

6. Posad

TWO

HUNDRED

MILLION

DOLLARS!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

3 players currently killing the Yankees

Bernie Williams

Jorge Posada

Jason Giambi

All are bums.

i cant believe you called Bernie a bum! :shock::shock: He has never had the best arm..but he is FAR from a bum... He should be made the DH...but he is not a bum...OY!!!

i cant believe you called Bernie a bum! :shock::shock: He has never had the best arm..but he is FAR from a bum... He should be made the DH...but he is not a bum...OY!!!

It's not just his arm.

He can't hit for crap anympore and his whole attitude just brings a lazy tune to the Yankees clubhouse and batters

Example

Whenever Bernie is up to bat and he gets a strike called on him, he slumps his shoulder down like alittle pussy and acts like he's gonna cry.

He's lost all confidence that he once had.

He's a fragile fragile man and he is past his prime and is a cancer to this team.

It's not just his arm.

He can't hit for crap anympore and his whole attitude just brings a lazy tune to the Yankees clubhouse and batters

Example

Whenever Bernie is up to bat and he gets a strike called on him, he slumps his shoulder down like alittle pu$$y and acts like he's gonna cry.

He's lost all confidence that he once had.

He's a fragile fragile man and he is past his prime and is a cancer to this team.

OK...i do believe that we will have to agree to disagree because it sounds like i will not be able to convince you otherwise, and likewise you wont be able to convince me he is a "cancer" (very strong language, by the way) So let us just see at the end of the season how it turns out...

i swear i saw him make a couple of nice catches the past two games ;)

EB...Bernie has 4 rings. So he is not a cancer by any means. They should all achieve to accomplish what he has.

But his time in CF is over. Since they have no better alternative at DH I say give him a shot there.

EB...Bernie has 4 rings. So he is not a cancer by any means. They should all achieve to accomplish what he has.

But his time in CF is over. Since they have no better alternative at DH I say give him a shot there.

Ok EB50... i said i wouldnt go there and i just wanted to check some things out...i know he hasnt had his best start but he is picking it up. Over the past 14 years ... he has had a .300 avg BA..etc..ok i will stop but he is my fave so i get a little uppity when he gets torn down..;) by the way ..i agree with Max, his time in CF might be in the past but he could be one heck of a DH

Write off the year. Fire who ever told them to dump Cairo for Womack and/or Wright for Lieber.Play Crosby and Phillips and Robinson Cano. Get plenty of work for Wang and Scott Proctor.

Take a serious hard look at Torre and Stottlemyre. Which is not to say that they should be dumped, but both have been here forever. It just may be time to shake it up. The message has to be sent that unless players produce, they shouldn't be comfortable.

Dump Giambi, Williams and Posada; keep Tino only as a bench guy. Williams and Posada will each have their annual 1 month of good production to try to justify another contract; don't believe it. Williams is totally done.

Posada is defensively as bad as Piazza. He's no better at calling a game. Even today, he takes a throw from Sheffield practically at the mound rather than staying on the line, waiting and setting up a possible collision to get the out. He did the same thing in game 6 vs. the Marlins in 2003. He's a passed ball waiting to happen, which is okay when he hit. No more.

Giambi totally sucks. Cut him and cut him a check or have him and the MLBPA try to sue for his salary. He is a total joke.If we hear Torre again speaking about "all the good work he's doing in the cage with Donnie", I'll freaking scream. This buffoon refuses to cut down on his swing or go the other way with 1/3 of the field empty and begging.

As to the price tag, yeah, it totally blows. But cut the losses and don't throw away any more money. What really sucks is Matsui will stick them up for a new contract and we only have 1 or 2 good years left on Sheff and Johnson. Don't make it any uglier.

Nice post Bugg.

SUms up pretty much everyones frustrations. I'm not willing to write off the year just yet. But the problems this team has just looks too tough to overcome.

5-9 in our lineup are absolutely killing us.

Bernie- real nice career, wwe need to move on though.

Ive been off the Posada bandwagon for a long time now. Does he ever hit the ball hard? Ever? Defensively hes average. The fact this guy makes the All Star team is a joke. I don't want to hear that he's part of the heart and soul of the team.

Giambi just sucks.

Calling the late great Bernie Williams a "cancer" is every bit as offensive is booing Mariano...he WAS more important to the Winning Yankee Dynasty than everyone else except Mariano. He is simply another massive cog in the Loser Yankee Dynasty. Once again EB...you outdid yourself.

Now, onto people who know baseball. Maxman, I understand you want to tinker with the lineup and all, but I am afraid this ship has already been sunk. More specifically george has taken this ship and he has sunk it! The Yanks have no confidence at all & for the first time since the 80s, they look like they're trying NOT TO LOSE instead of going for the kill. They used to live for being down by one run only to piece together a run or two in the late innings and give the ball to Rivera. Now that prospect seems scary to that club. Face it bro, they've lost it!!!

Now, I have some "outside the box" solutions for you, in all honesty, schtick aside. But first, fasten your seatbelt:

1. Fire Joe Torre and hope Mattingly (Warning: He cant teach HALL-OF-FAMERS how to hit a baseball) can light a fire under this $215 million collection of mercenary thugs! I guess Joe has earned the right to make it look like it was his call and he's leaving on his own terms (like Brosius and O'Neil did) Then stand Pat and wait until LaRussa/Scosia is available, may take years!

2. Eat several massive contracts: K Brown, Giamboo, Bernie, Flash Gordon, maybe Posada. Easily the worst $70 million ever spent! Pay them every dime they're owed but pay them NOT to show up for all I care. Just dont let them into Yankee Stadium. What does george care about money anymore? He should care more about corpses taking up roster spots!

3. At some point, youre gonna have to think about a farm system again. The best way to get good prospects is to give up a battle tested stud player. Enter Hideki Matsui. Trade him to a...ahem...contender for pitching prospects. Lots of teams with something to live for will give you the keys to their farm system for Hideki. Plus, its his walk year.

4. THIS NEXT ONE HAS TO HAPPEN IF YOURE GONNA MAKE THINGS BETTER:

Trade Derek Jeter! Stranger things have happened. Reggie was pretty much let go by george in '82 and everyone was shocked. He makes $20 million and as a captain he leaves alot to be desired. Look, he is a nice guy and a great player but he is as overrated as anyone has been in the history of sports. Find a GM that looks at Intangibles when stock piling players...and you have your taker. You'll probably get some big leaguers to contribute this year and prospects for DJ...it has to be done, people, if you want to resurrect this catastrophe!!!

5. Maybe george should clean out his front office (Tampa and NY) and hire some real life George Castanza type. He's watching his money get p*ssed away by a bunch of lackeys and YESmen (no pun intended) and what's he got to show for it.

6. Oh, and no more Ronan Tynan, the Yankees havent won jack squat since he showed up!

***reasons why the aforementioned might happen:

1. george has, what?, 3 more years left on the planet before kicking off???

2. They still arent playing like "True Yankees" in case you havent noticed

How long until Mattingly is whacked? George went on a blood crusade to get Rick Down fired, so you know that it's eating him alive to watch his players waste so many at-bats. And what was up with giving Mattingly the batting coach gig anyway? The guy didn't have a good AB in the last four years of his career. He went up to the plate with a different stance each time, and THIS is the guy who is teaching the philosophy of hitting to Jeter and ARod now? HA!!

Next manager of the Yanks will be Lou Piniella, if not by the All-Star break then soon after.

Well, on the bright side, Brown's, Karsay's, Bernie's, Stanton's, Quantrill's, Gordon's contracts all end after this season and Mussina's and Posada's end at the end of next season. That will leave a lot of room to spend more wisely on players from outside the organization and promote from within.

The main thing that the Yanks have to do is just play this season out and don't make any desperate, deadline deals. They have to keep playing Phillips everyday, keep Wang in the rotation even when Wright comes back, and soon promote Cano to take over for Womack.

If Piniella gets fired soon(a likelihood!), Torre gets whacked the next day and Lou would be back in the Bronx the day after that. If the team and it's pitching is gonna suck, they should at least have a loon who hates pitchers and losing about equally and hangs with Steinbrenner. And he couldn't do worse than the current crew. At least a few Sawx would have dirty uniforms at the end of every Yankee game.

I just assumed Mattingly was/is the next manager. And I hear what youre saying, he is an awful batting coach. Lou seems miserable in Tampa, but he had to know what it was gonna be like when he blew himself out of Seattle. I generally think he would rather be home and collect a check from the D-Rays and he doesnt even really have to manage. He doesnt even bother to shave anymore...its like he already is retired! Occasionally, he may request one of his green young guys to drill a couple batters here and there to quench his mean-spirited thirst. Its kinda sounding like a cool job, though you have to tell people youre affiliated with the D-Rays!!!

Now Lou is a great manager, but not even he can right this ship. They need drastic changes and I feel drastic changes are in store.

I know its early still and I know the Yanks of yesteryear had time on their side...but this time it's different. I just get that sense

Championships are not won in April.

Case closed.

And another thing:

I can see Jets/BoSox talking sh*t, he can do that, he earned that right after what the Red Sox did to the Yankees last year, but Tigers and Mets fans? Give me a ******* break, win a World Series that was recent and then talk to me and talk about the Yankees.

Championships are not won in April.

Case closed.

And another thing:

I can see Jets/BoSox talking Sh#t, he can do that, he earned that right after what the Red Sox did to the Yankees last year, but Tigers and Mets fans? Give me a farging break, win a World Series that was recent and then talk to me and talk about the Yankees.

Everyone who is not a Yankee fan has every right to talk trash about the Yankees. Why?

Because Yankee fans are everywhere. Because Yankee fans talked plenty of trash before the season about how good this team was going to be. Because our teams don't spend $200 million to buy a championship.

When you became a Yankee fan, you became one (or should have become one) with the knowledge that you will never spend a day without having your team attacked. Now you want us to stop talking, when its you Yankees fans who have rubbed the number "26" in our faces and said things like "this team is a juggernaut, it will not be beaten"? :shock:

Championships may not be won in April; but they can be lost. This team hasn't won many(if any) series so far. And they certainly can be lost. Today was another winnable game the Yanks pissed away with silly baserunning, lousy defense and piss poor pitching. The best the Yanks can hope for is to be in the AL East/Wildcard picture with the Sawx and the Orioles.

The Yanks have 4 auto outs in the lineup, only 2 or 3 reliable starters and one closer. That isn't beating anyone unless there's some changes, whether guys on the roster now or younger guys step up or trades change things.

Everyone who is not a Yankee fan has every right to talk trash about the Yankees. Why?

Because Yankee fans are everywhere. Because Yankee fans talked plenty of trash before the season about how good this team was going to be. Because our teams don't spend $200 million to buy a championship.

When you became a Yankee fan, you became one (or should have become one) with the knowledge that you will never spend a day without having your team attacked. Now you want us to stop talking, when its you Yankees fans who have rubbed the number "26" in our faces and said things like "this team is a juggernaut, it will not be beaten"? :shock:

Well said 80.

Look back on the opening day threads. Only Smizzy questioned this years team.

That said, only fans of checkbook baseball would do a complete 360 and trash their heroes this soon into a 162 game season.

In spite of all the questionable off-season moves made this team still has too much talent not to make the play-offs.

Bernie will once again come up big in the clutch and all will be forgiven.

If Jeter is the leader everyone makes him out to be now is the time to right the ship.

Baltimore is now 17-7.

I'm not talking sh*t...I'm trying to help you guys.

-Time to axe Torre

-Dump payroll...send Matsui to Atlanta for prospects

-Trade Derek Jeter and cash to Milwaukee for Ben Sheets, Lyle Overbay, and prospects.

-Pinkslip Ronan Tynan

all in all...it's a recipe for success

I have to agree with GS and 80. EVERYONE who likes baseball has earned the right to trash the Yankees because they have done everything they can to ruin the game. And, it just so happens that is has backfired on them. I'm a Mets fan, and our payroll is filthy, too, but you guys are downright pornographic the way you throw money around. And to watch $200 mil come out and play uninspired, bored and stupid baseball is just pathetic to watch. Truly sad. So, it's not like we're talking trash, we're just extending a hand of pity to you, our Yankee friends. :evil::lol:

TWO

HUNDRED

MILLION

DOLLARS!!!!!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!

GOD I love being an Admin!

I have to agree with GS and 80. EVERYONE who likes baseball has earned the right to trash the Yankees because they have done everything they can to ruin the game. And, it just so happens that is has backfired on them. I'm a Mets fan, and our payroll is filthy, too, but you guys are downright pornographic the way you throw money around. And to watch $200 mil come out and play uninspired, bored and stupid baseball is just pathetic to watch. Truly sad. So, it's not like we're talking trash, we're just extending a hand of pity to you, our Yankee friends. :evil::lol:

GOD I love being an Admin!

MAX!!!!!!!!!! Look what you have done!! OY!!!!!

Bosox just pinned the Yankee problems on Ronan Tynan. Nice.

Trading Jeter is just silly. The guy has an almost .500 OBP this year. You build around that, I know you realize this already though.

Kinda missing how Jeter and Ronan Tynan are problems.

Jeter is just fine. And he'll never be traded.

Tynan just makes Sawx fans crazy singing that 45-minute first verse of "God Bless America". Freaking GODLESS COMMIE LIBERAL BOSTON SCUM!The guy's out there on crutches to sing that beautiful song so well. And this is what you have a problem with?

Want to get mad-why were Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore's crappy movie allowed to intrude on the Sawx' 85-years-in-the-making celebration? Can anybody explain that? Has there ever been a cheesier and more exploitive moment in sports history?

Archived