Red Sox sign John Olerud to minor league contract

Jet/BosoxFan

just heard on ESPN radio...I'll post the link when it gets written.

I love this signing even if its a minor league deal for now!!! First base has been a combustible situation. I know McCarty (decent in the field, subpar with the bat) sucks even though I kinda like him. I know Minky was good in the field but I hated him even before he stole the W/S ball and I am aware that he cant hit! And I only EVER want to see Ortiz with a bat in his hand while he is in a Red Sox uniform, PERIOD!

But Millar has yet to hit a home run and is leaving a small village on the basepaths! COWBOY WAKE UP!!!

Olerud can swing the bat and play a stellar field in late innings! Good move, Theo (again)

just heard on ESPN radio...I'll post the link when it gets written.

I love this signing even if its a minor league deal for now!!! First base has been a combustible situation. I know McCarty (decent in the field, subpar with the bat) sucks even though I kinda like him. I know Minky was good in the field but I hated him even before he stole the W/S ball and I am aware that he cant hit! And I only EVER want to see Ortiz with a bat in his hand while he is in a Red Sox uniform, PERIOD!

But Millar has yet to hit a home run and is leaving a small village on the basepaths! COWBOY WAKE UP!!!

Olerud can swing the bat and play a stellar field in late innings! Good move, Theo (again)

He should have signed him last year instead of trading for Mink.

If he is healthy Olerud is a good guy to come off the bench and will give you an excellent defensive replacement-Bosox have made a good pickup when and if he rounds into shape.

Archived