New Private Debate - Chad vs. Kellen in '07

Maxman

Alright who wants to be part of this debate? We will pick one person on each side. Post here if you want in and we will pick the best matchup. :P

The topic is a simple one. The Jets starting Quarterback in 2007 should be __________ (Chad or Kellen).

Make your selection and then prepare to argue why. Please don't post your reasons here. Let's just decide on the two people for the debate first.

Oh and the winner gets 500 in vcash!

EDITED BY MAX:

Barton vs. Ecurb: http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30721

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

500?

You underestimate my ability Max! I have some wicked cool smilies to add to the fight as well...

36_1_30.gif

(WTF happened to my smilies BTW? They are reset it seems... did you give Panzer his wish?)

(WTF happened to the forum too? It was having errors just a moment ago...)

500?

You underestimate my ability Max! I have some wicked cool smilies to add to the fight as well...

36_1_30.gif

(WTF happened to my smilies BTW? They are reset it seems... did you give Panzer his wish?)

(WTF happened to the forum too? It was having errors just a moment ago...)

I was trying to re-add the smilies, that is why you say that error when replying. The smilies are there. Nobody can see them though. Ironic. Trying to fix it now.

I was trying to re-add the smilies, that is why you say that error when replying. The smilies are there. Nobody can see them though. Ironic. Trying to fix it now.

Add some cool ones while your at it... lol :yawn:

Such as this one...

131919.jpg

Ecurb would make like 500 posts in the thread. He might win just by out posting the competition.

:P

It's a technique commonly used by females known as "wearing you out". He's world class -I don't see anybody here with enough energy or desire to beat him.

It's a technique commonly used by females known as "wearing you out". He's world class -I don't see anybody here with enough energy or desire to beat him.

Its called being persistent and all of the worlds most successful and wealthy people are good at it like myself....

Boy this is easy.

A 30 year old Quarterback whose played in one full season

vs.

A up and coming young talent with a laser rocket arm

KC in 07

Ramsey was supposed to be a easy call as well. Remember?

Then you were back in the Penny camp. Stating that a guy who looked like Brooks on crack in both pre and regular season is a easy call is crazy.

I hope Clemens turns out to be the real deal but nothing indicates that (YET) . Anyone who bets against Chad simply outworking Clemens this off season and once again destroying him in camp would be foolish.

I'd probably lean toward the Pennington side.

That's a given at this point. The argument that the Jets cant win the SB with him so therefore he shouldnt start is a ridiculous one, imho. That doesnt seem to be the standard the CS is using when they decide who will start.

But, I will be rooting for KC to knock it out of the park this summer, and I'll bring the munchies to The Great Debate, since I am not on a weightloss kick.

180px-Smartfoodpopcorn.gif

And in that case

FACT: Kellen Clemens not good enough to QB the NY Dragons.

Explain to me how you know this.

Did you watch him in college? If you did, how many Oregon State games did you actually see?

*nobody else respond to this post except FireSatherclapclap

Explain to me how you know this.

Did you watch him in college? If you did, how many Oregon State games did you actually see?

*nobody else respond to this post except FireSatherclapclap

**** QB all I need to say. Rather have Jarod Lorenzen. I know cause it's a school yard system in Oregon numbers still not that great thanks to him breaking his leg this idiot Tannenbaum traded up to get him.

**** QB all I need to say. Rather have Jarod Lorenzen. I know cause it's a school yard system in Oregon numbers still not that great thanks to him breaking his leg this idiot Tannenbaum traded up to get him.

So how many of his games did you actually see?

Lets just cut the bullsh#t. You dont know sh#t about him, never seen him play or anything. And you didnt even correct my post that I put out there for you to see if you noticed, he played at Oregon not Oregon State!

Go check his #s before he broke his leg and get back to me. And oh yeah, Tannenbaum hired Mangini, not Bradway.

This guy is retarded. I'm not gonna have a debate with a schmuck.

Actually, the one game I saw Clemens play was against USC and he did not impress. But then again, USC is nationally ranked, and is one of the only teams in the Pac that actually plays defense.

But looking at his highlight film, I thought he could make a bunch of different throws, and he looked quick on his feet.

I guess we'll know in a few months whether he is ready and able to compete at the highest level

The Jets never traded up to get clemens, the Jets traded down.

So it's ecurb against Barton? Easy action.

:character0050:

That's what it looks like. Barton and Ecurb confirm that you guys okay with that.

The best interest of the Jets would be served if:

Barton = Clemens started in 2007.

Ecurb = Chad started in 2007.

Archived