New Private Debate - Chad vs. Kellen in '07

Maxman

Mangini is the face of the franchise in my eyes. But your probably right to most of the world he's the face of the franchise. But to Jets fans like me and most others, he's the 31 yeard old man who's thrown for 300 yards like twice, he's the guy who's spent almost half his career injured, the guy who can't throw a 15 yard out. Like I said I like Penny, and I like you for that matter, but you hype this guy up way to much.

Over 300 yards

5 games

Over 250 yards

13 Games

Im not crazy, I just get pissed off when people write off the guy when he has proven them wrong again and again... first the excuse was he didnt prove anyone wrong becuase Herm would have started him no matter what. Now he comes back AGAIN and helps lead his team into the playoffs, Mangini trusted him and started him, but still no respect for the guy... you have guys like 124 already predicted he will be injured in 07'...

Its just really sad when people bash the guy and forget that he has already proven all doubters wrong more the once and he will again.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Over 300 yards

5 games

Over 250 yards

13 Games

Im not crazy, I just get pissed off when people write off the guy when he has proven them wrong again and again... first the excuse was he didnt prove anyone wrong becuase Herm would have started him no matter what. Now he comes back AGAIN and helps lead his team into the playoffs, Mangini trusted him and started him, but still no respect for the guy... you have guys like 124 already predicted he will be injured in 07'...

Its just really sad when people bash the guy and forget that he has already proven all doubters wrong more the once and he will again.

What has he done? I don't understand Mrs. Pennington, that's your new f'n name Mrs. Pennington.

18 games where he's thrown for atleast 250, out of the 53 games he's started. That's impressive to you ecurb?

Chad Pennington throws for over 200 yards in 59% of games he starts

Tom Brady throws for over 200 yards in 68% of games he starts

Considering the fact that Brady has a better arm thats not bad to only be off by 9%

You take what I am trying to prove the wrong way, I dont think Chad is the greatest ever, I think he is just barely in the top 10 starting QBs in the NFL today.

But he is the best thing we have and if we build a good D and have a decent running game his game management and play action can be deadly.

Archived