New Private Debate - Chad vs. Kellen in '07

Maxman

My guess? Sitting on his little carpet eating a graham cracker and drinking his little carton of milk while the teacher reads "Where the Wild Things Are" After that it will be nappy nap time for the little tike. Damn I miss kindergarten.

hahaha

fear not alk, the restraining order can't last forever ;)

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Barton is on the West Coast as well as in school so this debate which has the makings of a good one should captivate us right up till draft day.:)

He's in Florida and a Senior in High School. I don't know about him but last year when I was in my Senior year I was able to have 4 or 5 classes a day and was out by 1 at the latest.

Ready to debate Ramsey vs the winner?;)

Let's not forget our own ridiculous statements on the QB subject.

Blah Blah Blah. Yes lets keep throwing out the Patrick Ramsey crap, I really don't care you sly Pennington Supporter you. Can't wait till he wins us rings with his victories over Miami & New Eng... oh wait a minute, he doesn't beat New England.

Blah Blah Blah. Yes lets keep throwing out the Patrick Ramsey crap, I really don't care you sly Pennington Supporter you. Can't wait till he wins us rings with his victories over Miami & New Eng... oh wait a minute, he doesn't beat New England.

Just busting your chops 124. Yes I am a Pennington fan until a better solution comes along. Chad has beten NE twice.;)

When Pennington wins the Super Bowl as a NY Jet I am changing my username. My new name will be:

SuKiTbItChES

I just didnt know I was going to be going up against Barton and Sperm.. nobody ever told me... :roll:

Quit crying and do it right or don't do it. You were told yesterday by the Webmaster and had it suggested to you by others that dumping mass quantities of "facts" in multiple posts detracted from the debate in every way. You held your OCD back enough to throw out an opening "group" of assertions in a single post. Cool. Barton contravened your assertions and then listed multiple facts in a single post and asked a question. Your response was to fire off 5 more posts laden with some statistics but more of your personal opinions.

Whatever protocol, or lack thereof, was employed in the first debate can't apply here because of you - not Barton.

When Pennington wins the Super Bowl as a NY Jet I am changing my username. My new name will be:

SuKiTbItChES

I'll change my username to PenningtonLover124 and will have a Pennington avatar / signature saying that he is the greatest quarterback in the history of the New York Jets.

I say this because I know I will never have to live up to it.

OH AND HE MUST BE THE STARTER, he cannot be the back-up.

Quit crying and do it right or don't do it. You were told yesterday by the Webmaster and had it suggested to you by others that dumping mass quantities of "facts" in multiple posts detracted from the debate in every way. You held your OCD back enough to throw out an opening "group" of assertions in a single post. Cool. Barton contravened your assertions and then listed multiple facts in a single post and asked a question. Your response was to fire off 5 more posts laden with some statistics but more of your personal opinions.

Whatever protocol, or lack thereof, was employed in the first debate can't apply here because of you - not Barton.

I did nothing different than what happened in the first debate...

Considering its obvious that both of us cant be here 24/7 I gave him about 4 things to talk back on, then he can give me a few, this way its not.

Chad sucks

4 hours later

no he doesnt

we actually get to read something this way...

How do you expect him to continue to debate after you knocked him out?

I don't follow what you mean JC?

LOL you pwned him in that post, destroyed anything he had accomplished in the debate, and generally read him his rights before you pushed him back into the ring.

You hit him a lot harder than Barton did LOL

LOL you pwned him in that post, destroyed anything he had accomplished in the debate, and generally read him his rights before you pushed him back into the ring.

Oh... I have nothing against eC, he's a good guy. But anything I can assist with in cutting down the volume of unrealistic Chad worship here - I'm quite willing to do;)

ehh not really... but if you say so :)

Not from the line of scrimmage.

Yes but he THREW the ball about 10-11 yards, I didnt say how long the play was, I showed how far he threw the ball.

Chad stepped up and threw the ball from the JETS 30 and it was caught at the JETS 40-41

Well..those 15 yard out patterns usually go 15 yards past the line of scrimmage..I'm just saying.:Nuts::box:

Either way the pass I had a video of is the hardest Out to throw becuase the ball need to get there very quickly, and it did.

Either way the pass I had a video of is the hardest Out to throw becuase the ball need to get there very quickly, and it did.

The criticism of Chad's arm is (among other reasons) that he can't throw a 15-20 yard out where the ball ends up between the receiver and the sideline. That's the whole point & what makes it an important throw to make. No defender can touch it unless he's in the 2-yard seam between the receiver & the sideline. If the receiver is in single-coverage & gets even a little bit of separation with a quick cut out, the play is as indefensible as passing plays get.

You countered with a video showing a 6-yard out where the ball is thrown on the mid-field side of the receiver? And even with the receiver running a SIX-yard out pattern with no one NEAR the receiver, it was STILL hardly thrown on a rope; as you can see from the video, the ball starts to die in the air & by the time it reached the receiver it was below waist-height.

If this is the best you can find, you just made Barton's point about arm strength for him.

The criticism of Chad's arm is (among other reasons) that he can't throw a 15-20 yard out where the ball ends up between the receiver and the sideline. That's the whole point & what makes it an important throw to make. No defender can touch it unless he's in the 2-yard seam between the receiver & the sideline. If the receiver is in single-coverage & gets even a little bit of separation with a quick cut out, the play is as indefensible as passing plays get.

You countered with a video showing a 6-yard out where the ball is thrown on the mid-field side of the receiver? And even with the receiver running a SIX-yard out pattern with no one NEAR the receiver, it was STILL hardly thrown on a rope; as you can see from the video, the ball starts to die in the air & by the time it reached the receiver it was below waist-height.

If this is the best you can find, you just made Barton's point about arm strength for him.

It was 10 yards, and he threw it there to lead the receiver into the open hole upfield rather the force the WR to run out...

Weak is the wrong word for Chads arm, he does not have a cannon, but it is not weak.

If you think our great new HC would screw our team over by putting a guy out there with a weak arm, then maybe everyone should start the fire mangini threads now.

You seem to have made a tactical mistake by debating his arm strength, but whatever.

Mangini said himself in PC's that Chad can make all of the throws he needs him to make, my point is to get rid of this whole "weak" theory, his arm just isnt a cannon but he can get the job done...

If he couldnt, do you really think Mangini would have started him for 16 games based on having a "weak" arm?

Right now Barton is just trying to trash Chad, but has shown no reason why Clemens would be a better choice.

It is just about impossible to make a claim that you should start Clemens over Pennington, with teh knowledge that we as fans have.

What is going to be your argument? Potential and what he did at Oregon? Not a lot to hang your hat on there to make it meaty.

Disparage Chad all you want, but he has a track record. You may not be in love with that track record, but at least there is one. Not what you can say about Clemens.

Hard argument to win unless you do some pretty deft moves. The information that we have does not allow that.

It is the same thing as Barton trying to crown the baseball team of the decade after the 2006 season. Foolish and impetuous.

Not saying that Clemens won 't start in 2007, but what do we as fans have as far as that insight? A few pre-seasongames and a partial college career?

It is just about impossible to make a claim that you should start Clemens over Pennington, with teh knowledge that we as fans have.

What is going to be your argument? Potential and what he did at Oregon? Not a lot to hang your hat on there to make it meaty.

Disparage Chad all you want, but he has a track record. You may not be in love with that track record, but at least there is one. Not what you can say about Clemens.

Hard argument to win unless you do some pretty deft moves. The information that we have does not allow that.

It is the same thing as Barton trying to crown the baseball team of the decade after the 2006 season. Foolish and impetuous.

Not saying that Clemens won 't start in 2007, but what do we as fans have as far as that insight? A few pre-seasongames and a partial college career?

Agree. Ecurb basically has to do nothing but sit back and let Barton ''somehow" show why Clemens will start in 07.

\:D/

It was 10 yards, and he threw it there to lead the receiver into the open hole upfield rather the force the WR to run out...

Weak is the wrong word for Chads arm, he does not have a cannon, but it is not weak.

If you think our great new HC would screw our team over by putting a guy out there with a weak arm, then maybe everyone should start the fire mangini threads now.

Do see how pathetic this is? In order for you to make an argument for Chad, you have to count the pass in yards from the pocket? Jesus Christ, absolutely pathetic.

It is a weak arm. We're talking about NFL standards you know, not backyard pickup game with your friends at the barbecue.

Agree. Ecurb basically has to do nothing but sit back and let Barton ''somehow" show why Clemens will start in 07.

Its not will, its he should. And thats because Chad cannot win a superbowl.

The whole debate really is, can Chad win a superbowl or not? I say NO he cannot. And ecurb says he can.

If Plan A cant get you there, you go with another route. Plan B. Right now, Clemens is the other route, and all I see are raving reviews about him from coaching staffs in the college, scouts, and Mangini/Schottenheimer. He's got the physical skills, the mental capacity, he has the goods.

The whole debate really is, can Chad win a superbowl or not? I say NO he cannot. And ecurb says he can.

If Plan A cant get you there, you go with another route. Plan B. Right now, Clemens is the other route, and all I see are raving reviews about him from coaching staffs in the college, scouts, and Mangini/Schottenheimer. He's got the physical skills, the mental capacity, he has the goods.

With Tannenbaum and that guy Sutton here we couldn't win one if Peyton Manning was QB. Need to fire Tannenbaum get a real GM in here who knows how to scout get back to basics. Then you allow him to hire a compitent DC and go from there. And oh yea if he's a real GM his first move is waiving draft bust from Oregon Kellon Clemens.

Archived