2003 NFL Draft

BoomBoomMancini

I am usually wrong about this stuff, but I distinclty remember wanting to draft Terrell Suggs at #4..

He would have been perfect for this team..

Imagine if we drafted Ngata instead of D-Brick?

Our front 7 would probably look like this

DE-Ellis

DT-Ngata

DE-Jason Ferguson

LOLB-Suggs

ILB-Vilma

ILB-Hobson

ROLB-Thomas

I am usually wrong about this stuff, but I distinclty remember wanting to draft Terrell Suggs at #4..

DE-Ellis

DT-Ngata

DE-Jason Ferguson

LOLB-Suggs

ILB-Vilma

ILB-Hobson

ROLB-Thomas

No way does Hobson start over Barton. Forget it, it just ain't happening.

I am usually wrong about this stuff too, but I distinctly remember wanting to draft Dan Marino in 1983.

He would have been perfect for this team.

Imagine if we drafted Marino instead of Ken O'Brien?

If only the front office would listen to people like us, BoomBoom. Then they'd use that time machine of theirs to go back and correct all their egregious errors.

DE-Ellis

DT-Ngata

DE-Jason Ferguson

LOLB-Suggs

ILB-Vilma

ILB-Hobson

ROLB-Thomas

just curious...how is that we would have kept jason ferguson due to a different draft strategy?

Jets website...i hate you.

I grabbed that info from NFL.com.

You cant look back on drafts. There have been many great playesr who was drafted in the later rounds.

Just goes to show how much of a crap shoot the draft is.

Manning vs Leaf and Bledsoe vs Mirer come to mind.

Indy took Manning, Pats took Bledsoe. Leaf and Mirer sucked arse.

Meh. In four years, we'll be able to say the same thing about our 2006 draft (and hopefully all the drafts after that).

Everytime i look back at a draft its painful. every team has made their mistakes, and i have to say the Jets could have done a lot worse. So i'm happy that we did get some of the players we got, coles, D-rob (yes i'm happy with him now), Abraham, Ellis, Chad...then of course last year i think i'm in the majority when i say it was a success (thus far).

Everytime i look back at a draft its painful. every team has made their mistakes, and i have to say the Jets could have done a lot worse. So i'm happy that we did get some of the players we got, coles, D-rob (yes i'm happy with him now), Abraham, Ellis, Chad...then of course last year i think i'm in the majority when i say it was a success (thus far).

The best thing about that draft is that we managed to get Coles back. Coles is more valuable than all of the guys we took in the draft that year combined.

Archived