Jets rookie of the year

timbok

The Jets rookie of the year...

Now we all know that V.Young was voted AFC rookie of the year,but who was the Jets rookie of the year?

Well lets see who they had.

QB. 3rd round pick K.Clemens.

RB. 4th round pick Leon Washington.

Offensive lineman both 1st rounders D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold.

WR/QB/RB/special teams 4th round pick Brad Smith.

Well Clemens made 1 pass i think,and is the building block for the future,He was not the Jets rookie of the year.

Washington filled in a lot,as he set up a lot field goals and touchdowns with his ability to run and catch the defense off guard with his screens,he could be.

Both of those big lineman made an impact on the Jets offensive line,But Mangold was the better of the two,He could be there Rookie of the year.

Smith can do it all,kinda like Will Smith,But there's one thing about him.....he doesn't really have one position,if he played Areana Football he would be an Ironman,but not the Jets rookie of the Year.

So now it comes down to either Leon Washington or the guy that blocks for him...

Washington:He played well,coming off of screens,and good runs,very good young back,but will most likely just me an back-up.

Mangold:He played better then Ferguson,and maybe better then any-other lineman on the team,But he heas years to show his ability.

I think Washington is there rookie of the year,and there short-term steal,while Mangold will pay off in the future.

http://ericmangini.blogspot.com/2007/02/jets-rookie-of-year.html

I say L.Washington 100% of the way... But the real rookie of the year is coach E.Mangini... But that onside kick vs the bears was a rookie mistake.

J.Cotch and K.Rhodes were stand out players for this team. Mangini is giving these young guns a shot and thats something that we as Jet fans have not seen in a while.

We have alot of young players who are going to get alot better under this coaching staff.

Cotch

Washington

Brick

Mangold

B.Smith

C.Houston

Rhodes

Vilma

J.Miller as a KR and I feel he will become a top notch CB... Call me crazy but I think he's only like 22.

B.Thomas will fit this 3-4 scheme real nice in the next 2-3 seasons.

Nugent

And we have alot of veterans to help lead this team...

Pennington

Coles

Barton

Ellis

Robertson

Dyson

McCaerins is a wr we need to keep around

And alot of those players if not all are still pretty young if you ask me...

The future is looking bright for this Jets team in the AFC East... And with a solid draft once again... Look for the 2nd round to be a blockbuster round... Look for this team to go deep. And Chad can be the QB who leads this team. Look at Rex from the Bears... Then look at Chad... Next season will be the season where we see how Chad plays with a Solid team around him.

Are you sick? Without Mangold our offense would have been putrid. Leon had his moments but Mangold played every down and did it amazingly.

Well now, Mr. Washington did need Mr. Mangold to bust up the gut here and again, that's true enough; but Leon makes cuts like butta in his own right, and that helps. I like Leon's lateral quickness, too. Pretty sweet. I'm still going Manwash.

Nick Mangold wins it. He was the second best rookie offensive lineman this year after Marcus McNeill.

2nd place goes to Leon Washington who will be a good 3rd down back. Ferguson didn't impress as a rookie as he gave up quite a bit of sacks but even more troubling is his like of size and power to be an effective run-blocker in the NFL.

I still think WASHINGTON did more big plays.

Well will see what happens in 6.5 months.

Ofcourse he made more "big plays". He's a running back as compared to Center whom are never given the opportunity to make big flashy plays because well they're Linemen. Anyway my point is, if you took away Leon we would have lost some of our offense. If you took away Mangold, we woulda been SOL!

J.Miller as a KR and I feel he will become a top notch CB... Call me crazy .

I still love Miller as that other corner I'm with you on that.He has freak speed and he got shafted on a couple bad calls this year.Many times he had great position went unnoticed!

Only jet in Pro-bowl BTW

seriously,though,couldn't agree more.I see Miller starting at CB,to go 1 further(and probably lose you)I see E.Smith starting with Rhodes.

oh,sorry JROY=Mangold,just because he plays every down.There's no taking plays off for Goldie.Kind of upsetting Brick isn't more involved in the discussion.

oh,sorry JROY=Mangold,just because he plays every down.There's no taking plays off for Goldie.Kind of upsetting Brick isn't more involved in the discussion.

Upsetting because he SHOULD be in the discussion, or upsetting that he didn't play well enough to be in the discussion? I think he played well, he had some tough assignments this year, but yeah, he could have done better.

Mangold outplayed him, but then again he outplayed most people this year...not just Rooks.

Upsetting because he SHOULD be in the discussion, or upsetting that he didn't play well enough to be in the discussion? I think he played well, he had some tough assignments this year, but yeah, he could have done better.

Mangold outplayed him, but then again he outplayed most people this year...not just Rooks.

good question,mdrago, i should've been more clear.

I meant it's upsetting that he didn't play as well as Mangold or Leon.

I think D'Brick did a good job playing against every opponent's best pas rusher-Leon won us that Miami game but yea it was all about Nick Mangold-VERY impressive rookie season taking over from a perrenial pro bowler-good thread

ok this is THE last time i'm posting my site up.

http://ericmangini.blogspot.com/ and http://www.getupandgosports.com/news if anyone else want's it pm me.

I'M DONE WITH THE LINKS.

I gotta go with Mangold. This guy looks like a perennial Pro-Bowler, knock on wood. It's funny how D'brick was all the hype, and this guy stole the show.

Leon showed some flashes, but its too early to tell if he's the real long-term answer at RB.

I would have liked to see Brad Smith get involved a little more, throw some passes etc. I think this guy could be a huge asset.

Well put it this way

Washington will prolly be a just a backup, mangold starter.

This PROLLY his last and first year of greatness.

Prolly? Washy? WTF? blink.gif

This is a silly question imho, but Mangold 1, D-Brick 2. Why? As mentioned, these guys play every snap at two positions nutorious for requiring years of preparation. Mangold had a better season than D-Brick (I agree with the best rookie OL aside from McNeil statement), but D-Brick was outstanding for a rookie LT, no questions asked. Leon was a great asset and likely the Jets best "value pick" nonetheless.

Well put it this way

Washington will prolly be a just a backup, mangold starter.

This PROLLY his last and first year of greatness.

agree it's mangold but to paraphrase mark twain, "The reports of the death of Leon's career have been greatly exaggerated." Some are saying he has the potential to be the next westbrook. here's hoping.

Archived