SouthernJet predicts Pete Carroll to Chargers

SouthernJet

I know for a fact they will make a run at him. Lets go out on a limb and say Pete looks at this as a easy way to get back in NFL with ja playoff team, in Southerncalif (his home since childhood) .

He has done it all on collegiate front, there are several annoying things going on at USC.

He gets to stay home and bring his whole staff to San Diego.

Perfect fit, Perfect timing.

I know for a fact they will make a run at him. Lets go out on a limb and say Pete looks at this as a easy way to get back in NFL with ja playoff team, in Southerncalif (his home since childhood) .

He has done it all on collegiate front, there are several annoying things going on at USC.

This aslo is the perfect team for TUNA to unretire and win another SUPER BOWL! It needs a leader that doles out discipline! Enter TUNA! It is going to be interesting.

It does make sense. If he has any thoughts of leaving USC, this would be a great move for him.

This aslo is the perfect team for TUNA to unretire and win another SUPER BOWL! It needs a leader that doles out discipline! Enter TUNA! It is going to be interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if Spanos heard through the grapevine Par$ells would acqueis to a request for an interview.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if Spanos heard through the grapevine Par$ells would acqueis to a request for an interview.

I wouldn't mind parcells gettin back in. I think he's good for the league. I doubt he does though. I doubt carroll leaves usc. I see martz takin over

I don't see it. Parcells realizes that his image is tarnished as a carpetbagger,

For hime to cut ties with the Cowboys, only to then immediately pick up a job with the Chargers the following season, screams mercenary.

I don't know. The reason the Chargers just fired Marty is because of his feud with GM AJ Smith. They obviously don't want to recreate that situation, and Parcells isn't necessarily the one to be nonconfrontational. Plus he'll want full control of all personnel moves, which he obviously won't get.

Carroll would be a good hire though, IMO, and a good move for him. He gets to stay in Southern California while moving to arguably the most talented team in the NFL. Plus he's facing uncertain times at USC with the Reggie Bush and Joe McKnight possible recruiting violations.

May as well said, "Southern Jet predicts the sky is blue."

Carooll has a dream job at USC- the pipeline they have with recruits and his personal style is perfect for college ball.

I tend to agree with you, but USC might be facing sanctions if the Reggie Bush and Joe McKnight allegations are true. And with sanctions, his program goes down the drain.

But I do agree with you in principle. If I was a football coach, I'd be a college coach over an NFL one in a second. College coaches get close to the same money, have much of the same fan support, and, most importantly, have absolutely no restrictions with which to work--such as a salary cap. They can recruit and sign anyone and everyone they want.

I don't know. The reason the Chargers just fired Marty is because of his feud with GM AJ Smith. They obviously don't want to recreate that situation, and Parcells isn't necessarily the one to be nonconfrontational. Plus he'll want full control of all personnel moves, which he obviously won't get.

Carroll would be a good hire though, IMO, and a good move for him. He gets to stay in Southern California while moving to arguably the most talented team in the NFL. Plus he's facing uncertain times at USC with the Reggie Bush and Joe McKnight possible recruiting violations.

good point about aj & parcells. semms a little oil & water like. it seems the nfl is going with retreads this year as opposed to no names.

Stayed with USC instead of becoming a Dolphins HC because the brass did not grant the full control to him. Schottenheimer was fired because of power conflict which in nature way for GM to jump in and run the team's operation.

I dont see Carroll become Chargers' HC at all. Chargers are messed up big time because they lost many coaching staffs included Phillips before firing Schottenheimer.

You see Raiders hired Kiffin because he has no power to control the team like many vet coaches wanted to have as HC. Chargers have good program but bad control so I could see they hire one of Cowboys' leftover candidate and I think it will be Singelery (sp?) 49ers' assistent HC and LB coach.

Stayed with USC instead of becoming a Dolphins HC because the brass did not grant the full control to him. Schottenheimer was fired because of power conflict which in nature way for GM to jump in and run the team's operation.

I dont see Carroll become Chargers' HC at all. Chargers are messed up big time because they lost many coaching staffs included Phillips before firing Schottenheimer.

You see Raiders hired Kiffin because he has no power to control the team like many vet coaches wanted to have as HC. Chargers have good program but bad control so I could see they hire one of Cowboys' leftover candidate and I think it will be Singelery (sp?) 49ers' assistent HC and LB coach.

we will see.

why did sarkasian 'back out' as raiders top choice?

i will tell you, he was told he would succeeed Pete at USC.

Pete just wanted to get the last recruiting class commited via signed LOIs.

we will see.

we will see.

we will see.

quite possibly.

Did he (Sarkasian) back out before Dolphins made a hiring or after?

Tuna will not go there.

SD wll not give up picks for him to Dallas (which would be required).

Carroll...

No doubt. AJ Smith places a premium on draft picks, to the point where he traded out of the top spot TWICE to acquire more. And he drafts well - VERY well - so I think this has almost no chance of happening. No way AJ Smith parts with (the first-rounder at least) Dallas would demand for Tuna.

AJ Smith is an amazing drafter:

OFFENSE:

QB Brees

QB Rivers

HB Tomlinson

HB Turner

WR Jackson (eh - he's still young & Marty never develops WR's so who really knows)

WR Caldwell (nothing special but there are worse guys out there)

TE (undrafted but signed) Gates

LT McNeill

LG (undrafted but signed) Dielman

C Hardwick

RT Olivea

DEFENSE:

LDE Castillo

NT Williams

RDE Olshansky

LOLB Phillips

ROLB Merriman

CB Jammer (hasn't lived up to his billing, but not terrible)

CB Florence (the idiot)

CB Cromartie

SS Kiel

K Kaeding

He also drafted a couple of busts, particularly at WR and CB (Sammy Davis included) but so has everyone. Overall, though, AJ Smith's drafted pretty favorably to just about anyone & all but a few of their starters came from his drafts.

No way he parts with a first-round pick (& maybe more).

well i think southern jet is wrong already. Here in cali the buzz is already ted cortell who is famliar with AJ smith and is part of that old buffalo crew when he was there. Pete carrol would not go there if wayne huizenga flew to costarica just to ask him about it.

well i think southern jet is wrong already. Here in cali the buzz is already ted cortell who is famliar with AJ smith and is part of that old buffalo crew when he was there. Pete carrol would not go there if wayne huizenga flew to costarica just to ask him about it.

miami totally different than SD,,Pete is a west coast guy,,

plus Ted Cotrell,, you have to be kidding???? hahahaahahahahhaahhaahhahahahahaahahhahahahahahhaahhahahaahahhahaahhahahah..

if that happens its cause AJ wants TOTAL control and Teddy is desperate enough to let him have it..

we will see.

we will see.

sark backed out becuse he wanted a raise and he played the raiders. sark never ever wanted the job. Im happy we got lane and sark got butt hurt when he found we were considering lane rather then him now so he withdrew his name and talked **** to save face.

sark backed out becuse he wanted a raise and he played the raiders. sark never ever wanted the job. Im happy we got lane and sark got butt hurt when he found we were considering lane rather then him now so he withdrew his name and talked **** to save face.

thats the way i would spin it also if i was a raider fan whose #1 candidate said 'i would rather stay in college than coach the raiders' :bwahaharoll: :bwahaharoll:

miami totally different than SD,,Pete is a west coast guy,,

plus Ted Cotrell,, you have to be kidding???? hahahaahahahahhaahhaahhahahahahaahahhahahahahahhaahhahahaahahhahaahhahahah..

if that happens its cause AJ wants TOTAL control and Teddy is desperate enough to let him have it..

AJ already has total control. Spanos thinks evrything he touches is golden. It was being discussed he wants cortell becuse he runs the 3-4 defense and hes part of buffalo when AJ was there. No one wants to coach there becuse aj is a jerk and now FAs dont want to go there becuse hes a jerk to them.

AJ already has total control. Spanos thinks evrything he touches is golden. It was being discussed he wants cortell becuse he runs the 3-4 defense and hes part of buffalo when AJ was there. No one wants to coach there becuse aj is a jerk and now FAs dont want to go there becuse hes a jerk to them.

right, plus because SD's in the same division as "nice guy" al davis that makes AJ look even worse by comparison, right?!?!?!

:bwahaharoll:

Archived