SouthernJet predicts Pete Carroll to Chargers

SouthernJet

AJ already has total control. Spanos thinks evrything he touches is golden. It was being discussed he wants cortell becuse he runs the 3-4 defense and hes part of buffalo when AJ was there. No one wants to coach there becuse aj is a jerk and now FAs dont want to go there becuse hes a jerk to them.

hahaahah

this from a fan of the team NOBODY wants to coach,,

hahahaha

This was being discussed by san diego beat writers and reporters smart ass.

hey i hope they hire cotrell,,he is a dunce

it will help Jets..

just because he has a history with AJ doesnt make hinm a great candidate..

my guess is he is the mandatory Rooney rule interview for AJ and he might get the DC job with SD

Pete Carroll is not coming back into the NFL and neither is Bill Parcells. I don't know who San Diego is going to be looking at but even if they look at either of these two, it's not going to happen.

If I had to put my money on who I'd go with Rex Ryan from Baltimore.

hey i hope they hire cotrell,,he is a dunce

it will help Jets..

just because he has a history with AJ doesnt make hinm a great candidate..

my guess is he is the mandatory Rooney rule interview for AJ and he might get the DC job with SD

im sure the san diefgo sports writers and team reporters no alot more then anyone else.

Pete Carroll is not coming back into the NFL and neither is Bill Parcells. I don't know who San Diego is going to be looking at but even if they look at either of these two, it's not going to happen.

If I had to put my money on who I'd go with Rex Ryan from Baltimore.

ya i read that in the rumor pages as well today

lot of cotrell talk comin via this from sd papers:

The root of the change came after Smith advised Schottenheimer on Monday to consider hiring Ted Cottrell to be the next defensive coordinator, according to a source close to the situation. Smith has a high opinion of Cottrell from their days in Buffalo and believed that Cottrell would provide continuity after the loss of defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, who became head coach in Dallas.

Cottrell, who is currently working for the NFL, was the defensive coordinator under Phillips when Phillips was the head coach of the Bills and is extremely familiar with the 3-4 defensive system San Diego runs.

Schottenheimer rebuffed Smith's suggestion and instead planned to talk to Vic Fangio this week. Chargers linebackers coach John Pagano received strong consideration and there was speculation that Schottenheimer wanted to hire his brother Kurt, who is the secondary coach with Kansas City. However, both Spanos and Smith had told Schottenheimer that they did not want him to hire his brother.

im sure the san diefgo sports writers and team reporters no alot more then anyone else.

the only thing they know for sure is they're real glad their not covering al's team.

seriously has anyone ever said a good word about the guy? I had a chat with an old st coach of da raiders & noone seems to like the guy.

Chargers to Try to Hire Carroll?

Some executives around the league are saying late tonight they're convinced that the San Diego Chargers, after firing Marty Schottenheimer as their coach, will make a serious run at USC Coach Pete Carroll.

Carroll has resisted all NFL overtures in recent years. But he did interview with the Miami Dolphins this year and now there's a job available for which he wouldn't have to leave Southern California.

The Chargers could have an internal candidate in wide receivers coach James Lofton, who interviewed for the Oakland Raiders' head coaching job in each of the last two years.

Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera and Indianapolis Colts quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell also could be candidates for the Chargers after interviewing last week for the Dallas Cowboys' head coaching job that went to Chargers defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.

The Chargers' abrupt vacancy means that seven teams will change head coaches this offseason, bringing the league's two-year total to 17.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/nflinsider/2007/02/chargers_to_try_to_hire_carrol.html

Rex Ryan would be a good choice too but only if cotrell turns them down ;)

if sd wont pay the price for carrol, then they will take the cheap route and hire Jim Fassel, Norv Turner, or Dennis Green.

carrol just doesnt ever want to back to the Nfl plain and simple.

I just hope they stay away from rex ryan. Ive heard rex's name but i doubt hes going there becuse he runs a diffrent defense then they have and hes a billick type guy so hes going to want full control and the golden boy"AJ" will not allow it. Im telling you AJ/spanos wants someone they can get along with and cortell would fit that. Aj and spanos said in his PC he wants the guy to be able to run a 3-4 defense.

carrol just doesnt ever want to back to the Nfl plain and simple.

I just hope they stay away from rex ryan. Ive heard rex's name but i doubt hes going there becuse he runs a diffrent defense then they have and hes a billick type guy so hes going to want full control and the golden boy"AJ" will not allow it. Im telling you AJ/spanos wants someone they can get along with and cortell would fit that. Aj and spanos said in his PC he wants the guy to be able to run a 3-4 defense.

like i said, if they do that great,, it helps the jets, and in your case the raiders..

it would e the upset o fthe century a sfar as HC hires,, this assclown was out of NFL last year and he was hitching free rides to college allstar games from Vikings to interview for assistant gigs (per bitonti)

Just out of curiosity, Chargers still have to interview at least a minor before the hire is made because this dismissal is very late. If so and they already have one then it has to be Cottrell.

ya, or james lofton, their WR coach will presumably get a interview.

Archived