would you guys draft a qb in 5th or 6th?

TNJet

If a somewhat decent qb fell to us at the late rnds such as Trent Edwards or Kevin Kolb would you consider taking one for our 3rd string job next season?I dont think it would be a bad idea.We need to dump Ramsey,he is terrible and is easy to replace with a good qb.Chad,Clemens,and Kolb/Edwards would be a nice combo.Say Chad gets injured and cannot play the year,and Clemens just blows,then we need to develop another young talent for the future.

If a somewhat decent qb fell to us at the late rnds such as Trent Edwards or Kevin Kolb would you consider taking one for our 3rd string job next season?I dont think it would be a bad idea.We need to dump Ramsey,he is terrible and is easy to replace with a good qb.Chad,Clemens,and Kolb/Edwards would be a nice combo.Say Chad gets injured and cannot play the year,and Clemens just blows,then we need to develop another young talent for the future.

Honestly... I would rather go after a WR from a really small school in the 5th or 6th rounds... You can get a sleeper for a wr in the later rounds.

I would draft Troy Smith in the second round:)

You don't draft a qb to be somewhat decent. If they think the guy might become something then by all means, but I'm betting against it. I don't think it's good to have two guys without any game experience as backups. Especially with the "egg" back there. Pennington lasted 16 games, but there's no gaurantee he'll do it again.

I would draft Troy Smith in the second round:)

Peter North would love that. That guy is short.

Honestly... I would rather go after a WR from a really small school in the 5th or 6th rounds... You can get a sleeper for a wr in the later rounds.

Here is my thinking:

- We have to get SOMEONE to be our 3rd string QB

- If we don't get one in FA, then we have to get him in the draft. No sooner than the 6th round though...

- I DO like the idea of looking for value at WR though... Whatshisname at NH, for example.

I don't know who else is out there.

Here is my thinking:

- We have to get SOMEONE to be our 3rd string QB

- If we don't get one in FA, then we have to get him in the draft. No sooner than the 6th round though...

- I DO like the idea of looking for value at WR though... Whatshisname at NH, for example.

I don't know who else is out there.

You mean we need a second string QB?

If Drew Stanton is there in the 2nd round take him. He's better than Kellen Clemens and Chad is one bad injury away from retirement.

I agree with your general suggestion but the situation is more urgent than most people think but it merits more than a 5th or 6th round pick.

If Drew Stanton is there in the 2nd round take him. He's better than Kellen Clemens and Chad is one bad injury away from retirement.

I agree with your general suggestion but the situation is more urgent than most people think but it merits more than a 5th or 6th round pick.

+1 totally agree. Stanton is going to be a player.

Archived