How many games out will the Redsux finish this yr?

Smizzy

Well with the best rotation in baseball and an improved offense, I don't think they'll finish out at all.

LOL @ the best rotation in baseball. There you go again with assuming that everything is going to fall into place and as usual it won't happen. Wasn't Lester supposed to be a can't miss ace??? When will you stop coming out with these stupid statements?

Well with the best rotation in baseball and an improved offense, I don't think they'll finish out at all.

That may be the funniest thing I've read in months!

The answer is 16, about 5 games behind the second-place Blue Jays.

That may be the funniest thing I've read in months!

The answer is 16, about 5 games behind the second-place Blue Jays.

There are whispers that Halliday is having issues with his shoulder again. The word I noticed around the 'net is"rotor cuff".

If this is true, Bosox may finish ahead of the Blue Jays. Maybe.

16 games out? To the Yankees? Right. Based on what? The fact that the Sox improved their rotation and their lineup? Or just pure blind hatred?

I mean... you'll find TONS of support

Cold Plate Special: Red Soxbos.gif The Red Sox slipped on offense last year. Was it a sign of things to come?

They posted a batting average that ranked lower than every American League team's except Oakland's and Tampa Bay's. That's not typical for a club that plays half its games with a big green wall a few feet behind the left side of the infield.

Not long ago, the Red Sox took a page out of "Moneyball," added millions of dollars to the philosophy and won a World Series. It didn't work as well last year, when they were second in the American League in on-base percentage but sixth in runs scored. This after scoring more runs than all other big-league teams three straight years.

The Red Sox tried to solve the problem by replacing batting coach Ron Jackson with Dave Magadan and adding outfielder J.D. Drew and shortstop Julio Lugo. Figuring that's not enough, they pursued Todd Helton but failed.

So now they'll try to survive again with the best left-right combination in the game, David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez, who was limited with a knee injury to 11 games in the final six weeks. Oh, we forgot to mention the Red Sox tried to trade Ramirez again. Aside from the Ramirez saga, most of the Red Sox's offseason headlines focused on their pursuit of Japanese pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka and their prolonged contract dilemma with Drew. In the end, Drew is an expensive health concern. Mike Lowell knows his team tried to trade him to Colorado in the Helton deal. And Manny is, well, Manny. From 2003 to 2005, the Red Sox appeared in three straight postseasons for the first time in club history. Their offense slipped in '06, and their postseason streak ended. We'll see if the bats tell a different story in '07.

There are whispers that Halliday is having issues with his shoulder again. The word I noticed around the 'net is"rotor cuff".

If this is true, Bosox may finish ahead of the Blue Jays. Maybe.

It's forearm issues...same as last year and he will pitch through it.

I don't think you really feel the Jays finish ahead of Boston.

I can't decide which part of this thread is funnier:

crazycarl claiming the red sox offense is IMPROVED :lol: :lol: :lol:

OR

this ranger fan guy spewing his limitless knowledge....forgotten what the playoffs feel like, have ya?

To be honest,

Lugo is a better hitter, SB threat than Gonzalez.

Drew is a better hitter than Nixon.

2B with Pedroia is a question mark offensively.

For the Yanks I would like to see what Phelps can do if he can take the 1B job at some point from Mienky.

It's forearm issues...same as last year and he will pitch through it.

I don't think you really feel the Jays finish ahead of Boston.

Probably not. But if Halliday is really healthy, and I mean really healthy, and Brunett comes on like expectations are for him, with their pen, especially Ryan, and an offense that include Wells, Glaus, Overbay and Frank Thomas, as well as Rios, I would like to see how well they do. They can mash with almost anyone, unless Thomas was a fluke last year. Halliday is the best pitcher in the AL East, bar no one. Ryan is a top closer. They have other pieces.

They really could be ahead of Boston, especially if Wakefield acts like a 40+ year old, and/or Schilling starts slipping, ah la Randy Johnson did last year, if Papelbon has injury issues, if D-Mat has difficulties with the media craziness in Boston (which will probably be his toughest issue in the USA), and Beckett still thinks he is smarter then the opposing hitter, and tries to be cute.

And there still is no closer. If Pinerio is the guys there on April 1st, that is trouble in Boston.

Yes, the Blue Jays could finish ahead of Boston. I normally do not figure injuries into the equation, but Papelbon's arm woes at his age was a troubling sign, IMO.

The Yankees have one starter worth anything, and they're going to win by 16games?

Can I change my vote for biggest homer of the year?

Wang is better than any starter the Sox have, and Mussina was better than any sox starter last year as well.

Dont let the facts get in the way of blind homerism.

Dude what are you talking about? Josh Beckett was a STUD last year, and Daisuke Matsuzaka is a shoe-in Cy Young winner.

Yes and Curt Schilling will win 20+ games and let us not forget that Jonathan Papelbon is moving into the starting rotation!:character41:

I'm an NL guy but I must say, you guys make the AL East fun to watch.

Been to games at Yankee Stadium, but never Fenway.

Would love to go there when Yankees visit.

Wouldn't say a word, would just sit there, drink my beer and soak the vibe in.

:cheers:

If you ever make it over to Boston you can crash at my place. Just make sure to bring plenty of VB!

The Sox will finish 40 games out. Tampa will have competition for last place in the AL East ;)

If you ever make it over to Boston you can crash at my place. Just make sure to bring plenty of VB!

The Sox will finish 40 games out. Tampa will have competition for last place in the AL East ;)

You got it, Gainzo,

VB (Victoria Bitter from Oz) continues to be sold on the shelves here. Great pint.

As for your prediction........

See JonEJet's prediction too.

Go Cubs!!

Archived